Another snow day *OT warning*

We're from the MidMichigan area and we're off today too! We just finished plowing our driveway. Looks like we have a good amount of accumulation here.

Any other Mid-Michigan Disers? (Near the Lansing/Jackson Area)

We are in Howell
:wave2:

We're from the MidMichigan area and we're off today too! We just finished plowing our driveway. Looks like we have a good amount of accumulation here.

Any other Mid-Michigan Disers? (Near the Lansing/Jackson Area)

A little north and west but :wave: from near Grand Rapids.

- Leah

what does snow do to camper roofs?

A normal amount of snow (12 inches or less) won't bother the roof. My trailer roof can hold me walking on it so it would take a lot of snow to equal that PSI.

j

I am convinced the weather forecasters are in with the bakers and dairy farmers - if they want to stimulate sales in milk and bread, just predict a snowstorm. Honest to god, I will never understand why people panic when there is snow in the forecast and fear they will run out of milk and bread, causing their early demise.

For some reason up here around D.C. it's not only milk and bread, but bananas. :rotfl2: I just don't want to go there on the bananas thing. :lmao: DW is from Chicago and I went to college there and was there for the great 1969 blizzard that drifted snow over 10' up against the Frat house so I know cold and snow, but now try to avoid it.

Larry

Boy what a bunch of wimps :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . We got about 8 inches here last night and nobody cancelled school. We're tough up here in the north. That being said it is almost tropical here today in the 20's.

Did you send that stuff our way? :rolleyes: It's bad here tonight with all of the freezing rain. We need skates to get around. How long is it until June?

Our first visit to the Fort begins right after school is out. We can have one snow day without messing up our vacation ressies. This was it! I am a teacher and can't just take off whether school is on or not. No more snow days!!!:cool2:

For some reason up here around D.C. it's not only milk and bread, but bananas. :rotfl2:

And chicken! :confused3

After one snowstorm, the shelves were still bare and the grocery employee said the "chicken truck" hadn't made it in yet. :lmao:

Snow day here again. We are expecting 8-10 inches in our area. The kids are excited of course, but I wish they were in school !! So much for my quiet, peaceful house. :lmao: Chad is out clearing the driveway and I am sitting here listening to the kids bicker about nothing. ARGH. I wish I was at the fort !!

For a minute there I thought I was reading about my day. Early release today, because of the "prediction" of bad weather. So my afternoon was shot. Of course it didn't even start doing anything until almost 4pm. I just want to hook up and go, and not stop until we hit the fort. Unfortunately I have to wait until Oct.
36_1_4.gif

We had the same Ohio slush this morning and a two hour delay. The roads were fine so I ran errands and then took the wee bairns to school. It was a lonely place. Between 8:30 and 10:00, they canceled. We found out that it was as much to do with the flu and broncitis as the weather. The absense rate has been crazy all over the county and the powers that be thought a 3 day weekend might help end it.

We ended up only getting 4 inches overnight and about 3 throughout the day yesterday, pretty disappointed that we didnt get slammed. If its going to be cold and snowy I prefer a lot of snow. Both our vehicles are 4WD and I aint afraid to use it.

I grew up in Western New York's snow belt. There is a reason why I live in SE Pennsylvania. I tell my wife I am on a slow migration south. It only took us 25 years to move that far. At that rate, I should make Florida by the year 2100. Of course, by then Global warming will have melted the polar ice cap and Florida will be a distant memory.

I grew up in Western New York's snow belt. There is a reason why I live in SE Pennsylvania. I tell my wife I am on a slow migration south. It only took us 25 years to move that far. At that rate, I should make Florida by the year 2100. Of course, by then Global warming will have melted the polar ice cap and Florida will be a distant memory.

I for one hope global warming is real, it will save me from having to move farther South when I retire.

We're sitting in the trailer in Charlotte right now (technically Fort Mill, SC) but as we drove out of Michigan I couldn't help but think of Shannone (I mean, really, who can't) ;) As we made it through the Howell neck of the woods we counted 20 vehicles in ditches. The tow trucks and 'law enforcement professionals' we're very busy. The roads looked very clear but a sheet of ice! The folks here keep saying ya'll must be cold since my kids are running around in shorts and T Shirts. They just haven't a clue! :goodvibes

Tsk tsk, DS6 considered wearing shorts this morning as it's due to be a high of 79'F.:cool1: He settled for zip-off cargo pants, as it was a little chilly first thing.

Boy, he got used to the TX weather quickly!

DH is back in England this week with grey, rain and a high of 46! :eek:

Bex

I am convinced the weather forecasters are in with the bakers and dairy farmers - if they want to stimulate sales in milk and bread, just predict a snowstorm. Honest to god, I will never understand why people panic when there is snow in the forecast and fear they will run out of milk and bread, causing their early demise.

Don't forget about the eggs! It is French Toast the people are after when the flakes start to fall. BTW, you are in SE PA? I lived a couple years near York (s. central). Dad is still there.

We're sitting in the trailer in Charlotte right now (technically Fort Mill, SC) but as we drove out of Michigan I couldn't help but think of Shannone (I mean, really, who can't) ;) As we made it through the Howell neck of the woods we counted 20 vehicles in ditches. The tow trucks and 'law enforcement professionals' we're very busy. The roads looked very clear but a sheet of ice! The folks here keep saying ya'll must be cold since my kids are running around in shorts and T Shirts. They just haven't a clue! :goodvibes

I would have LOVED to have gone with you :yay: Have a great time down there. We are stuck here until the end of March :guilty:

Are the kids still "snowed out" of school? We had ice out the wazoo on friday, today it's supposed to get near 70!!!! craziness, I tell you!

Are the kids still "snowed out" of school? We had ice out the wazoo on friday, today it's supposed to get near 70!!!! craziness, I tell you!

They were off on Friday but went back today :cool1: :banana: By the time we took the kids to school the roads weren't bad at all.

Nothin could be finer than to be in Carolina:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
Almost 80 here today. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter