Another snow day *OT warning*

bigdisneydaddy

Fan of all things Fort wilderness
School got called off AGAIN today, maybe 4" of snow last night and a few more predicted for today and they called it off again.
I think we have a bunch of Floridians running the schools up here, either that or some "flatlanders" from SC :lmao:

Fortunately I had the day off ( a well deserved day I might add ) so I can get some errands done while everyone else cowers in panic of a little snow.

Scott

It's Michigan - it's winter - there's snow. Don't understand it either...you'd think since the beginning of time - or at least Henry Ford - we'd have the whole travelling in snow thing figured out.

So I trudge through the snow on the driveway (because why plow if it's still snowing) to fill up the trailer as we leave this snowy wasteland TOMORROW for the FORT!:cool1:

Everything is closed here also. Dusting of snow with about 1/4" of slushy ice on top. (North Central Ohio )

well its beautiful here at the Fort, its 68 and it looks like maybe rain foe the afternoon...

It is raining here today in the "flatlands" of SC. I even heard the weatherman say earlier that we may be in the 80's by next week! I will take the flatlands any day! My poor kids don't even know that snow days exists!:thumbsup2

Snow day here again. We are expecting 8-10 inches in our area. The kids are excited of course, but I wish they were in school !! So much for my quiet, peaceful house. :lmao: Chad is out clearing the driveway and I am sitting here listening to the kids bicker about nothing. ARGH. I wish I was at the fort !!

Another snow day here in Chicago (well the burbs, at least, I heard Chicago Public Schools are open)!

Not one snow day yet for us here on Long Island...at least not our district.(Much to my son's dissapointment!) My husband and I were justing talking about this yesterday. How it's now February..we've pretty much got one more month to get through..even when it snows in March it usually melts pretty quickly. Although, some of our biggest storms have been in February...so here's hoping it's as uneventful as January(at least weather wise!);)

:lmao: I'm sitting here listening to the SAME conversation at my house! :scared1: Can't they just get along??! :headache:

I know. They make me crazy !! It's the girls....13 and 11. "You need to put your own dishes in the dishwasher", "it's MY turn to pick the Wii game", "you aren't the boss of me", "Why do I have to do everything". Stomp, Slam, Pout. GRRRRR :mad:

I am convinced the weather forecasters are in with the bakers and dairy farmers - if they want to stimulate sales in milk and bread, just predict a snowstorm. Honest to god, I will never understand why people panic when there is snow in the forecast and fear they will run out of milk and bread, causing their early demise.

I am convinced the weather forecasters are in with the bakers and dairy farmers - if they want to stimulate sales in milk and bread, just predict a snowstorm. Honest to god, I will never understand why people panic when there is snow in the forecast and fear they will run out of milk and bread, causing their early demise.

:rotfl:
Ya know, Michigan is in quite a "state" right now, economically speaking, yet anyone we know who are in the dairy business - BOOMING! They claim it's because God is a farmer and understands them :)

When we were kids and the forecast called for snow, my dad would always say "What are you all worried about?...It's propaganda from the snow shovel companies!" He was joking of course. :rotfl: I remember being a newlywed during the winter of I think 78(?) we awoke one morning to find we were completely snowed in.:scared1: I called my dad very early and told him to look outside..apparently 3 feet of "propaganda" had fallen during the night!:lmao:

Yep. We're off here too. 8 inches last night (Illinois near St. Louis) They cancelled school last night. It's only the 2nd snow day this season. The first one, they called off school because they thought it was going to ice and snow... it didn't!

j

When we were kids and the forecast called for snow, my dad would always say "What are you all worried about?...It's propaganda from the snow shovel companies!" He was joking of course. :rotfl: I remember being a newlywed during the winter of I think 78(?) we awoke one morning to find we were completely snowed in.:scared1: I called my dad very early and told him to look outside..apparently 3 feet of "propaganda" had fallen during the night!:lmao:

I need to go out to the garage and fix my "propoganda" blower (no I am not talking about a politician.

what does snow do to camper roofs? being from the sunny south we rarely get the stuff but the camper did get come last week...thinking of taking a JOB WHERE IT SNOWS and want to know if it's a bad idea?????(I travel for work for 13 week assignments)??? ideas/comments????

Yep. We're off here too. 8 inches last night (Illinois near St. Louis) They cancelled school last night. It's only the 2nd snow day this season. The first one, they called off school because they thought it was going to ice and snow... it didn't!

j

Here's one...here in Maryland - 2 hour delays this morning in a number of counties - it's raining and 52 degrees right now. It was 35 at 4am though.

We're from the MidMichigan area and we're off today too! We just finished plowing our driveway. Looks like we have a good amount of accumulation here.

Any other Mid-Michigan Disers? (Near the Lansing/Jackson Area)

Boy what a bunch of wimps :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . We got about 8 inches here last night and nobody cancelled school. We're tough up here in the north. That being said it is almost tropical here today in the 20's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter