another room block question...and solution

chryscrazy

Mouseketeer
Sorry I know this has been addressed before, but I've searched the threads and haven't been able to find an answer.

Has the room requirement gone away? I know it is 25 nights to get a free night, but is the minimum required for a Wishes wedding still 10 nights? I thought I had seen on here that there is no minimum anymore. I think all of my family wants to stay offsite and I'm freaking out.

Just wanted to add that my wedding coordinator sent me a LOA that included the room block and when I emailed him he said he could take it out and send me a revised LOA.

What my consultant told me is that they are flexible with it...so in some cases I don't think it is required. I'd talk to your consultant/planner about it and see what they say.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is it in the LOA? They are preparing mine soon so should I go ahead and ask about it before signing it?

i would say you have plenty of time to address it even after the LOA - because you can opt out at a late date. i thought it was 25 NIGHTS, for the gratis room; but i think there is a minimum you are supposed to do to be a wishes wedding (isn't it 4 nights for the wedding couple for escape?). anyways, there is a great episode of carrie's/lurkyloo's podcast about it in detail a few episodes back, as well as the passporter's guide is a great reference if you don't already have it. good luck!

We just got our LOA and and it had the room block requirements specifically stated in it. So if your's doesn't have the requirement then I'm a little confused. Did you ever mention to them that you wouldn't have guests staying on site?

Our LOA has the room block mentioned, and then a stipulation that we are allowed to remove the room block at least 60 days before the wedding at no penalty. I would definitely mention something to your coordinator before they draw up your LOA, just in case.

I don't have the LOA yet. I spoke with Bill about the room block before Christmas and he told me I could lower it to 10 nights up to 60 days out, and I thought that would be fine, but when I was at home for Christmas my dad let me know he's planning on renting 3 villas to hold most everyone. He's not too thrilled with the idea of a Disney wedding because he thinks it's putting a hardship on everyone. I haven't been able to ask Bill about it again because he was on vacation until today. I came here first because I'm a little afraid to mention it to him. Really I think that would be a deal breaker and my dad won't agree to the wedding (he's paying all but the photographer) if I have to guarantee 10 nights.

Thanks for all the replies. I will email Bill tomorrow and ask him about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter