Another Platinum DCL sailor who jumped ship..

So many of you are really making me cry. I thought when I wrote that we were taking our family on a Disney cruise,I thought,for sure, I'd be getting lots of comments about how crazy I was, spending all that money on a one week vacation. Instead,I read beautiful stories about people's similar trips and wonderful memories. I waited to do this until all the grandchildren were old enough to be able to retain,hopefully, most of the memories. The youngest will be seven by then,the oldest,14. It also is how DH and I want to spend our anniversary- share the occasion with the " young- un's". It's been two weeks since we told them about this and the texts,calls,e mails have not stopped. They all just assumed that they would never be able to afford a cruise. They are also so concerned about our ability to pull this off. None of them want us to place ourselves in a bad economic position just for them. I'm pretty sure I've finally convinced them not to worry,we're just fine. My 8 year old grandson has been on the internet non stop,researching everything he could about the Fantasy and it's August destinations. I'm hoping his brain doesn't blow up while waiting a year for the cruise.
Thank- you,everyone, for re- in forcing my belief that it's the best thing we can do with our money.

You won't regret it -- it's just money. But time on a wonderful cruise with the whole family and the "magic" is priceless! We have traveled all over the world and to all 50 states, and have not upgraded anything in our house. Many family members have commented on that fact -- the same people who never leave their state for a vacation -- but for us, as we get older, we can look back and think of how "wisely" we did spend that money by gathering those dreams with our family. The house will be there to fix later LOL Enjoy!

You won't regret it -- it's just money. But time on a wonderful cruise with the whole family and the "magic" is priceless! We have traveled all over the world and to all 50 states, and have not upgraded anything in our house. Many family members have commented on that fact -- the same people who never leave their state for a vacation -- but for us, as we get older, we can look back and think of how "wisely" we did spend that money by gathering those dreams with our family. The house will be there to fix later LOL Enjoy!
My family lived in a little 3-bedroom ranch house when I was growing up. We didn't have fancy furniture, and our cars were nothing special. But I have GREAT memories of all the family trips we took. Looking back, I certainly wouldn't trade those trips for a nicer house.

We are definite on Alaska for 2020 with my parents but I am going back and forth between Princess and DCL because of the big price difference. If we do Princess, this would be our first non disney cruise and my main concern is the clubs for the kids and how well Princess does with kids on the spectrum. Disney's prices are definitely really high compared to other cruise lines.

We were on the Diamond Princess for Alaska in 2009. Although I can't speak for the kids clubs because we were all adults, I can say that we greatly enjoyed ourselves. This was our first non-DCL cruise and weren't sure if we would like it, but we went it knowing it wasn't DCL and it was one of our favorite trips. We did a package with Princess that was 6 days on land travelling by train from Fairbanks to Whittier, then a 7 night cruise from Whittier to Vancouver, and it was around $3000 per person for lodging, transportation, ship, etc. Everything except food on land and souvenirs. I would definitely sail Princess again.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter