Annual Pass holder lack of loyalty?

I suspect they'll eventually offer AP rates but if not I can't complain.

I was whining yesterday but then added up our days and trips. We were there 8 days in October, 14 days in Dec./Jan., 12 in March/April and will be there for 9 days in June/July. !0 of those nights are DVC nights (we're AP, DC, and DVC) but we were able to get AP rates for all the other nights. Not all of us were there for all of those days and our new APs kicked in sometime during the October trip but we certainly have gotten a good return on our AP pass investment. Of course WDW has made a nice little penny on our trips too.:D

Memo to self: STOP WHINING!

I do believe we are spoiled by the "discounts", but I also believe that the resorts are over-priced in the first place and that what I end up paying is usually what it is worth. I paid 109 at CSR and felt it was worth it, but NOT MORE. Just my opinion.

Wow....
I am amazed at the comments in this post!
I guess I have not been to DisneyWorld enough to
feel like they "owe me" Something!! I went 2 years
ago for 18 days in total (obviously) oblivion of the
deals that were out there! i thought I was really
"beating the system" by faxing in my room request
and actually getting it and getting a refrig for free!
I will admit This go around(I'm staying 12 days )
I'm a bit more saavy and to be quite Honest
"GREEDY" as far as finding all of the good deals...
But I try to make it more of a "game" instead feeling
that Disney is trying to be somehow "disloyal"! I
mean it's supposed to be an Adventure and one
unbelievable Vacation! I think some people are losing
site of why they started going to WDW to begin with!!
P.S. I will be buying the AP just to get the room rate,
but considering the amount of days I'm staying it
made sense no matter what!

Lighten Up!!! :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by inaminute
Actually, that is not necessarily true. Unless things turn around, we won't be going back as often as we do now. And it's not just because of the Fairytale Package. I'm happy for those who can use it. Good for you. It's everything--the reduced hours, the reduction in staff, the closing of attractions with nothing to replace them (i.e. CoP, 20,000 Leagues, that robot thingie with Robin William's narrating, etc.).

Disney Club members got similar discounts--usually within $10.00 of the AP rates.

I guess I just don't understand what the company is thinking. I'm glad they're making an attempt to bring in new customers, but I do feel as if they are ignoring their loyal customers. All of them. Not just DVC members or AP holders, but DC members as well. I would think that those loyal customers would be steamed that Disney is doing away with their program.

If they don't have an idea how successful this campaign will be, then they'd do well to hire a better marketing company!

I guess I just don't understand how it is they are ignoring loyal customers. DC members are getting a great discount and soon the general public will have access to it. There are current AP rates out with no reason to believe there won't be more for late summer. I don't know what they've done to DVC members that would be considered negative. I'm not happy that they're ending the DC, but I don't consider it a slap in the fact that they are.

We can't have it both ways. I think it's unrealistic to expect bargain basement prices and yet not see any reduction in park hours, fewer new attractions and some decline in services.

As for the success or failure of this newest campaign, I said I didn't think WDW could predict EXACTLY how successful it will be. I would assume they have an idea, and they are confident it will do well. But even the best marketing strategists in the world are somtimes surprised at how well or how poorly an advertising campaign does.

...THINK HE CAN MOVE THAT RUBBER-TREE PLANT...etc.!

"HIGH HOPES"

I called the CRO this am, for a GF who's searching for AP discounts. The CRO I spoke with said the AP's are not out right now, past 7/3...."BUT, as soon as they are released, call back!"

SO...this just leads me to BELIEVE, the AP'S are COMING!!!
;)

Thanks dreamflight99...now I'm going to be humming that song all day ;) I haven't heard it in years...takes me back to my childhood :)

I too LOVE that song! It's difficult to "hum" without a SMILE on your face. I always hear "LaVerne and Shirley" singing this together! LOL. Amazingly, it's not a DISNEY song...but it SHOULD be. Happy day~to you!

TTFN....:sunny: :wave:

As I posted yesterday on the "Summer Codes are on there way" thread....

The codes are coming..may not be today, tomorrow, or next Monday...BUT THEY ARE COMING.

Now I have spoken to many CM's over the years and have read everyones thoughts on how the CM's are not "on the same page" and I agree with all of you..........BUT

for some strange reason, the CM I spoke with yesterday truly sounded genuine ...like he knew what he was talking about.
Then reading some other post, it sounds like others have been told the AP & PAP rate is coming out soon, which makes me believe more and more the CM was not full of "you know what".

The glass is half full NOT half empty.

I will bump my original thread from yesterday in case others in this thread have not read it.

I would like to thank everyone for their point of view on this thread I started as it does show all sides..

For those who say that we should go to the park and not expect discounts I am wondering how many children you have? When we go to DW there are 5 of us and the costs ADD UP.

Disney vacations take up a fair portion of our family budget and many thoughts and planning go into our trip to DW. Purchasing our paps was part of the plan because as some have mentioned we are planning our vacation a week early this year to get 2 vacations out of them but even still the "extra" costs can still be staggering to a family.. (No Whining intended)

Now I also want EVERYONE to enjoy the DW experience and I heavily promote DW to all friends, family, etc and hope DW can attract masses of new customers to the resorts but after spending Thousands and Thousands of dollars in DW over the last 3 years I would hope I and other ap's ALSO could benefit from a new promotion..

Now if going to DW and also purchasing pap's for 5 of us for 3 straight years is not being loyal then what is?

If we have to stay off property this year (cannot fully enjoy DW unless on property) to stay within our "planned" budget does anyone truely think we will be going to disney the following year?

Marketing stategy does not seem very thought out here as Disney may take 2 steps forward and one step back.

Just my thoughts.... Thanks for reading...

Originally posted by kinggoofy

The glass is half full NOT half empty.
"DITTO" ;) Thanks for the OPTIMISM! Remember..."Seeing is not always believing...sometimes, most times...you must first BELIEVE, to truly SEE."

Now if going to DW and also purchasing pap's for 5 of us for 3 straight years is not being loyal then what is?

Marketing stategy does not seem very thought out here as Disney may take 2 steps forward and one step back.

Again, just exactly what is it Disney has done that gives way to complain that they aren't taking care of AP holders? July's not here yet...AP rates may very well be out any day. In fact, if the rumor is true from the other thread, they may be out tomorrow.

I just don't get it....:confused:

As far as costs....we have 4 in our family with an extra person tossed in this year. Three are the "kids" in the group, but well beyond the age when you can get discounts...Talk about costs adding up!

We have noticed that there is no respect from Disney for AP holders. There doesn't seem to be any discounts anymore.

We have especially noticed the lack of room discounts over the holidays...and we all know WDW has not been completely booked. When we do book a room with an AP discount they put us in the worst room locations in the resort. We have been checked into dirty rooms 5 times in the past 8 months.

Under the Fla Res Passholder page (directly from the DisneyWorld site) it has an advertisement promoting specials that passholders are entitled to. Here is the copy of it:

An Annual Pass entitles you to:
? Unlimited admission* for 365 days to the four Disney Theme Parks; Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
? Complimentary Theme Park parking
? The exclusive "Mickey Monitor" Passholder newsletter
? Special offers on Walt Disney World® dining, merchandise, backstage tours, and much more!
? Exclusive special events and privileges

It clearly states "Special Offers" for dining etc.......so no, I don't think us passholders are looking for extras....we are only looking for what was told to us prior to purchase.....people don't realize how much you actlually spend when you are a passholder UNLESS you are a passholder. I spend a fortune going every 6-8 weeks..... so yes, I think there should be some loyality somewhere (and I don't think the Visa Card is considered a plus+)...... I don't mean to sound harsh or start an argument (or keep one going), I am just stating my opinion.

Panther Bill, I don't think you are whining at all. We're a family of 5, too and when we were younger planning a WDW trip took a large slice out of the budget. I think WDW knows that and will reward loyal fans like you who have the foresight to plan on trips a year ahead. I think these plans are trying to lure people on site for a week thereby discouraging splitting time between other offsite attractions and WDW.

Don't give up hope!

Personally, as long as we get 8+ days (preferably 14) out of our passes, we are happy. We do not renew every year. Only when we can manage two trips in twelve months. So you could say that we are not loyal either. AP rates are great but Disney does often have other good discounts available. We've only ever been there for one passholder event (the Osbourne lights pre-opening) and that was a great plus. The description in the FL passholder info is sufficiently vague as to give Disney an awful lot of leeway. As far as how much money someone spends, I'm sure that there are AP holders who do not spend lots and lots of money. I once met a local in line who popped in on her AP to ride BTMRR once. They didn't make any money on her that day. JMHO.

Originally posted by A Mickeyfan
Under the Fla Res Passholder page (directly from the DisneyWorld site) it has an advertisement promoting specials that passholders are entitled to. Here is the copy of it:

An Annual Pass entitles you to:
? Unlimited admission* for 365 days to the four Disney Theme Parks; Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
? Complimentary Theme Park parking
? The exclusive "Mickey Monitor" Passholder newsletter
? Special offers on Walt Disney World® dining, merchandise, backstage tours, and much more!
? Exclusive special events and privileges

It clearly states "Special Offers" for dining etc.......so no, I don't think us passholders are looking for extras....we are only looking for what was told to us prior to purchase...

OK, so where is the problem?
Special offers on:
Dining - yes there are
merchandise - yes
backstage tours - yes
much more - yes

Looks to me like Disney is not holding back any entitlement from its "loyal" passholders.

... not to "show" Disney my loyalty!

Upgraded from my 4 day PH last summer for myself, upgraded DS's last week because 2 days were free courtesy of a timeshare tour and my total cost was less than it normally would have been.

As soon as I got my AP, it took away lots of stress about getting to parks at the crack of dawn, the commando mentality, the anxiety of "maximizing" ticket days.

Room rates? Yes - The AP rates let me stay at a mod if I were going to be offsite, or WL if I could swing a mod. If they are out, great, if not, I have about a million options.My AP's are one less thing to worry about. So far - we have been three times in the past 9 months. I shop for airfare and only have 3 of us. SWA has great fares. I am loyal to them because of proximity to my home and price. They owe me nothing.My award tix are very nice - but that's not why I fly them.

Disney will be Disney - I llove MK and just being able to wander in there any of 365 days a year thrills me. It's a PASS for Park admission, not a guaranteed room discount. Stay offsite if you like.

I SO agree with the other posters who spoke of that old "entitlement" stuff. I call it the "disease of MORE!"Stop and smell the roses and drink from the half full glass. We'll all live much longer!!!

Going back once more on my AP!!!!!Stay tuned!

Originally posted by webray
We have noticed that there is no respect from Disney for AP holders. There doesn't seem to be any discounts anymore.

We have especially noticed the lack of room discounts over the holidays...and we all know WDW has not been completely booked. When we do book a room with an AP discount they put us in the worst room locations in the resort. We have been checked into dirty rooms 5 times in the past 8 months.

I keep reading this general complaint about lack of discounts, but no one seems to want to be specific. What discounts were AP holders getting that we're not getting now? What have they discontinued?

As far as holiday discounts, if you mean for instance the week of Christmas...there are no discounts for anyone during that time period. If you plan ahead, you can time your trips so that you can stay through the holidays and get AP discounts. That's what we did and thanks to the AP rate, we saved a bundle!

We were on AP discount and had what I consider to be one of the best rooms possible. Every room request we made was granted. I've never known them to assign rooms based on what rate you're paying. In fact, the person who assigns your room doesn't even know what you're paying.

It would appear that you've been to DW at least once every 6 weeks or so for the last 8 months and every time you've been booked into a dirty room????? That's some run of bad luck! I don't know what to say, except that if I visited a resort 5 times in 8 months and every time the rooms were dirty, I would have quit going after the 2nd time.

We get our PAP's because we know we will visit WDW at least once a year & it makes sense financially for us. We also buy them every other year- going back a week or two earlier the 2nd year. We have always gotten a very good room when we did get AP rates, on a few occasions being upgraded at check-in.

I can also recall when there were no discounts at certain times of year for AP holders. I love & take a discount as much as anyone, but I think we have been spoiled by the availability of those room deals in recent years. The same is true of park hours. Our "normal" vacation time at WDW is mid-April to early May. Before the Millenium celebration started it was not unusual to have MK fireworks & Electrical Parade only on Saturday nights, and sometimes not even then. I think during that 15 month celebration these events were shown every night and guests started to expect that to continue.

Sorry this reply got kind of long and sort of off-subject!

I usually get about 20 days out of each ap (3 or 4 trips), so that's less than $20 per day, well more than half off a one day ticket. So why should Disney owe me more? Sure the discounts are nice, but my only reason to buy it is unlimited admission for 1 year. If they took away all the extras, I still would buy it. How else do you get in for less than $20 a day? We might not be able to go as often if we had to buy park hoppers each trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter