Annual Pass holder lack of loyalty?

I used code AXA to book Wilderness Lodge at $154.99/night

I'm not looking to argue either, just discussing different points of view.:D Currently the AP rate for WL standard is $124, woods $139 before tax. Depending on your view the AP's were either equal or a bit less. Since this is for the regular season, I'd say the discounts are about on par with what they offered last Christmas during the value season.

Jen D.... I agree that Disney knows they have to compete. I think they knew it long ago when they built moderates and value resorts. I don't think that their current problems are due to a lack of competitiveness. Universal, Sea World and just about every other vacation destination you can think of is suffering right now.

I didn't mean to make it seem as though we have a limitless supply of money to fund our WDW trips. What I meant was that when we go to WDW we stay onsite or we don't go. It's that important to us. As to how common our view on this is, I have no idea. I'll certainly concede there are a great number of people who stay offsite because of costs. I just don't think Disney can realistically compete with offsite hotels dollar for dollar, nor should they have to. You pay less offsite, but you lose a lot too.

BrianD....As long as no one brings up pool hopping or refillable mugs we'll be just fine...;)

Originally posted by PatriciaH
I just wanted to say that I am a travel agent and there are a LOT of places much cheaper than Disney World out there! I love WDW but right now we have cruises for 7-10 nights starting at $299 (remember meals and entertainment are included on a cruise), 4 star all-inclusives in Mexico and Punta Cana for $589 for 7-nights (air, hotel, all meals, all drinks, sports, tips, taxes), Europe is at $399 for 6 nights air and hotel (London, Paris.) Check it out if you think Disney is too much $$$$-you may find a beautiful beach resort for a fraction of the cost!

I really don't think a beach resort would compare to a Disney World vacation. By the time you pay for beach chairs, boogie boards, parasailing, horseback riding, mini golf, nearby water park, gokarts, bike rentals, condo, and food at really nice restaurants then I can't imagine it being any less than DisneyWorld.

Certainly if you want to take a vacation where you have a room and enjoy the free scenary you can go for less. If you want a vacation with nonstop action, then I would find it hard to believe it is less than Disney.

Originally posted by Sammie
I really don't think a beach resort would compare to a Disney World vacation. By the time you pay for beach chairs, boogie boards, parasailing, horseback riding, mini golf, nearby water park, gokarts, bike rentals, condo, and food at really nice restaurants then I can't imagine it being any less than DisneyWorld.

Certainly if you want to take a vacation where you have a room and enjoy the free scenary you can go for less. If you want a vacation with nonstop action, then I would find it hard to believe it is less than Disney.

But that $589 for 7 nights INCLUDES your RT air, hotel, all your food, all your drinks, tips, snorkeling, bikes, kayaks, windsurfing, sailing, archery, pool, pedal-os, and sometimes golf and horseback riding (depending on the resort.) Plenty to keep busy! Maybe not as on the go as WDW but a lot to do and beautiful ocean/pool to boot.

We like to do WDW once a year (sometimes 2 times with AP's) and then another nice spot somewhere else (Mexico, Turks and Caicos, Aruba.) WDW is always more. This year it may be less because we got the Mariott DD for $20.03 a night:)

NO NEED to DAY "I TOLD YOU SO!!" My HALF-FULL CUP RUNNETH OVER!! (ROTFLOL):p :p

There are undoubtedly cheaper vacations and if you enjoy those places more than WDW or if the savings is enough to get you to go there instead, great!

That doesn't mean that WDW is overpriced or not worth what they charge. Nor does it mean that WDW must be doing something wrong just because there's another destination that can be had for less money.

Btw, looks like those AP rates are out for AP holders, so those predictions of no more codes due to the package rates were a little off the mark, huh?;)

Originally posted by peachgirl
There are undoubtedly cheaper vacations and if you enjoy those places more than WDW or if the savings is enough to get you to go there instead, great!

That doesn't mean that WDW is overpriced or not worth what they charge. Nor does it mean that WDW must be doing something wrong just because there's another destination that can be had for less money.

Btw, looks like those AP rates are out for AP holders, so those predictions of no more codes due to the package rates were a little off the mark, huh?;)
:wave: :sunny: Exactly my point! I never give-up HOPE (read my other posts a page back...) and somehow "KNEW" the AP's WERE COMING!! (LOL). YES..."THEY'RE HERE"!

Patricia, I meant for a trip to a beach in the USA.

I am sure at off seasons you can certainly go plenty of places that would be less expensive and there is always a good reason as to why it is less expensive to go then.

I like my vacations action packed and it is really hard to find a place that is more affordable than Disney than can give me at least 8 hours a day of nonstop action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter