Annual Pass confusion

Well, the 72 hrs had passed so I am hoping I am at least in the list to be called back at some point. Seeing that @Chuck S got the call is at least encouraging!

Ok I love Disney but here goes
Annual pass holders and dvc members are getting major amount of non caring in this crazy opening system. We had annual passes when they closed now can’t get them. I know heard the 30 day committee speech three times now. We have bay lake scheduled for the last week of May first week of June without a ticket no park reservation. I am not going to pay more for 5 days than an annual pass.
This is not the way to reward a 15 year annual pass holder or dvc member that spent a large amount of money in dvc points.
I will be selling my points as right now I would not buy a candy bar from this company. This new Disney management only only cares about money not the customer Walt would be very upset but it’s not his dream anymore nor mine.
Do not get me started on the waiting an hour or two maybe more to speak to a human On the phone.
Again what business treats customers like this?
i also understand that they have many people waiting in line to buy my dvc points....

Ok I love Disney but here goes
Annual pass holders and dvc members are getting major amount of non caring in this crazy opening system. We had annual passes when they closed now can’t get them. I know heard the 30 day committee speech three times now. We have bay lake scheduled for the last week of May first week of June without a ticket no park reservation. I am not going to pay more for 5 days than an annual pass.
This is not the way to reward a 15 year annual pass holder or dvc member that spent a large amount of money in dvc points.
I will be selling my points as right now I would not buy a candy bar from this company. This new Disney management only only cares about money not the customer Walt would be very upset but it’s not his dream anymore nor mine.
Do not get me started on the waiting an hour or two maybe more to speak to a human On the phone.
Again what business treats customers like this?
i also understand that they have many people waiting in line to buy my dvc points....

I am confused as why they would not allow you to get new APs if you had them during the closure.

Anyone who did is eligible for a recovery offer if they expired during that time or you accepted a refund.

I have been told I must go before a group that is deciding within 30 days.......it’s been 15 and I will not get a park reservation really soon for the end of May but it’s magical....

Well, I don't care for the 30 day thing, either...but it had been reported on the DISBoards shortly after the parks reopened, so I expected it, and called early enough to allow for it. I now have my pass that I can activate on my Thanksgiving week trip, and my park days are reserved. My call back took 27 days, and went pretty quickly. It was just a guy verifying my info and my DVC Member number, email, and profile info. My AP voucher was added to my MDE profile immediately, without having to enter any code numbers or anything, and he asked me to pull up my MDE account to verify it had been added prior to ending the call.

The Boards also mentioned calling the VIP AP line, and not regular ticketing or DVC to do the AP, and on that line there wasn't a long wait time to talk to someone. They answered almost immediately...maybe 5 minutes, but that I'm sure will vary depending upon when you call.

Last edited:
I went thru this renewing my AP that expired during Covid. I asked at the end of each phone call (total 4) when should I call back if I don't hear from them. Then I would call again. I realized they were guessing on how long it would take to call. I knew they were swamped, so was very nice to them. Once I got the right person (4th call) 4 weeks later, it was all taken care.

I suggest you call if you don't hear from them within 2 weeks from your initial call.

Last edited:

We had a family trip in April 2019:love: which was cancelled,😥 etc.. I had ANNUAL PASSES for my family of 6. I had to call many times over those few months to get more info on what to do with our annual passes.. since we paid for them and didn't go.. They had extended the passes for all 6 of us to November 2021💃. We are planning to go in July. What can we do with our Annual Passes.. are they accepting them as usual? Can we park hop or if the park reservation stays, we can only hop after 2 like everyone else? Thanks in advance!!

You can currently only hop after 2pm. But things may be changing as we get into the summer season. Capacity will likely go up.

I just renewed my gold pass today. I have a reservation after my current pass would have expired. $650.

Ralph

Hi everyone. I'm hoping to learn from all your experiences. I had a gold annual pass that was first used in August 2019 and then in Feb 2020. We ended up getting a refund during the closure. I believe from reading the posts that we are eligible for the Recovery AP? My question is how long has it been taking to get one and if I bought one would it be at the new rate or the renewal rate? We had to cancel 2 trips due to covid so were hoping to take a trip this summer. Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone. I'm hoping to learn from all your experiences. I had a gold annual pass that was first used in August 2019 and then in Feb 2020. We ended up getting a refund during the closure. I believe from reading the posts that we are eligible for the Recovery AP? My question is how long has it been taking to get one and if I bought one would it be at the new rate or the renewal rate? We had to cancel 2 trips due to covid so were hoping to take a trip this summer. Thanks for your help.
It has been taking about 30 days (mine was 27 days) to get a call back from the Recovery Team. The pass is a new pass, not a renewal, it was like $760 with tax. You have to activate prior to use at a ticket booth or guest services. They don't send a voucher, it links directly into your My Disney Experience account. Be sure to have to have the app or a computer handy, so you can check to make sure it links before you hang up the call. Be sure to call the AP VIP number, not member services, to get a new AP. All member services can do right now is renewals.

Looking for some help.
I have a unique DVC situation and I have called a few times and gotten no where. Bought into DVC in 2019 was unable to take a trip that year due to numerous reasons. Had a trip booked for May 2020 and was about to buy our annual passes when everything shut down. I now have 2 trips booked this year July and November and I’ve been unable to buy annual pass for my family. I had to resort to buying single tickets for the upcoming July trip and can’t even get to the park we want to go to. It’s been very upsetting and I see that there is plenty of availability for the annual pass holders. I got royally screwed by covid and I don’t seem to get a break from Disney. Any help or advice on how to try to beg for the annual passes? Thank you!

Looking for some help.
I have a unique DVC situation and I have called a few times and gotten no where. Bought into DVC in 2019 was unable to take a trip that year due to numerous reasons. Had a trip booked for May 2020 and was about to buy our annual passes when everything shut down. I now have 2 trips booked this year July and November and I’ve been unable to buy annual pass for my family. I had to resort to buying single tickets for the upcoming July trip and can’t even get to the park we want to go to. It’s been very upsetting and I see that there is plenty of availability for the annual pass holders. I got royally screwed by covid and I don’t seem to get a break from Disney. Any help or advice on how to try to beg for the annual passes? Thank you!
I sympathize with your situation. Although misery loves company, I do not think it helps much to tell you there are many others in that boat with you.

It may help to send feedback on your disappointment to Member Services, your sales guide and Terri A. Schultz. Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Disney Vacation Club. (You can find her email address with Google).

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything else you can do except hope that Disney allows everyone to purchase annual passes soon. (I predict a big surge when they do). It is unlikely to happen until the capacity restrictions end.

Last edited:
Looking for some help.
With the current park hopping rules, you just need a hopper ticket and scan into your reserved park and then by 2pm you can hop into any other park.
While they mention hopping is subject to availability, I’ve not seen any report of any hopper being denied since they started this in January.

Looking for some help.

I hear you. We let our annual passes lapse when Covid began. Then, WDW closed, and we felt pretty good about our decision. We booked our next trip for March 2021, and figured we'd buy AP's when they opened back up. They didn't open back up, and March 2021 became an impossible reservation due to a lack of vaccines. So, we moved it to 11 days in October 2021, sure that AP's would open back up in time for our 6 month window. They didn't. We also booked March 2022 for a second 11 day trip. Then, they offered the "recovery" pass. Our original AP's expired 5 days before WDW closed. So, because we saw the pandemic coming and made the decision to not renew, we cannot get the recovery pass. In order to get park reservations for our October 2021 trip, we bought individual 10 day passes, which cost about 90% of an annual pass. If our October trip ends and they haven't offered AP's again, we're going to cancel the March 2022 WDW trip and go to Universal instead. No may will I pay the Mouse for individual tickets twice inside 5 months at a cost of 80% more than an AP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter