Annual Pass confusion

I had a Gold Pass good for May 2019 to May 2020. I had to cancel our May 2020 trip and asked for a refund. I called twice (March/April 2020) only be be turned down both times. I've now spent over 2K on tickets for two of our three planned trips this year. After reading this post, I'm thinking to give it another try to get our Gold AP's back. Wish me luck. I'm hoping they can apply what I've already spent to our APs. UPDATE: Calling VIP Passholder line was very good advice. The holding time was only 13 minutes and they put my request in for review. My mistake was calling Member Services. If I get the Gold Pass, I'll just activate it for our third trip and have it through next year. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I have a gold AP that expires on Oct 2... I just slid in there to be able to get a park pass for MK on Oct 1, but nothing for the rest of my trip. hoping that by the time I am able to renew that there will still be space in other parks, especially Epcot so I can ride Ratatouille my FAVVV!!

I have a gold AP that expires on Oct 2... I just slid in there to be able to get a park pass for MK on Oct 1, but nothing for the rest of my trip. hoping that by the time I am able to renew that there will still be space in other parks, especially Epcot so I can ride Ratatouille my FAVVV!!
Have you called Member Services? You may be able to renew now, so you can make your park reservations since you have a confirmed room reservation.

Have you called Member Services? You may be able to renew now, so you can make your park reservations since you have a confirmed room reservation.
I have not. I'll try that though!

If you don't want to hang on hold forever with member services, call VIP Passholder line at 407-560-PASS
I've heard renewals have to go through member services, new passes for those who had passes during the closures that lapsed have to go through VIP AP guest recovery at 407-939-7277.

But with Disney the left hand often doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

I've heard renewals have to go through member services, new passes for those who had passes during the closures that lapsed have to go through VIP AP guest recovery at 407-939-7277.

But with Disney the left hand often doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Apparently not. I did call Member Services twice earlier this year and got a very quick NO to my requests for renewal. However, the VIP AP person knew exactly what I was asking for and why. He had the request form submitted as we spoke. That being said...who the heck will know what happens in 30 days with the request form
. I might cancel my third trip and rent my banked and earned points in 2022. My spouse has "lost the magic" for many reasons. Maybe waiting a year or so will give me the ability to drag him back into the circle. (or would that be circus?) :)

Apparently not. I did call Member Services twice earlier this year and got a very quick NO to my requests for renewal. However, the VIP AP person knew exactly what I was asking for and why. He had the request form submitted as we spoke. That being said...who the heck will know what happens in 30 days with the request form
. I might cancel my third trip and rent my banked and earned points in 2022. My spouse has "lost the magic" for many reasons. Maybe waiting a year or so will give me the ability to drag him back into the circle. (or would that be circus?) :)

DVC handles the renewal if you are still within the official renewal window or want to renew an active pass early because of trips after your current one will expire.

If you had a pass that expired during the closure that you did not renew or took the refund, then that is not DVC but the AP department since you are looking to be eligible under the recovery offer.

This is probably why the AP division understood what you needed! Good luc!

I had a Gold Pass good for May 2019 to May 2020. I had to cancel our May 2020 trip and asked for a refund. I called twice (March/April 2020) only be be turned down both times. I've now spent over 2K on tickets for two of our three planned trips this year. After reading this post, I'm thinking to give it another try to get our Gold AP's back. Wish me luck. I'm hoping they can apply what I've already spent to our APs. UPDATE: Calling VIP Passholder line was very good advice. The holding time was only 13 minutes and they put my request in for review. My mistake was calling Member Services. If I get the Gold Pass, I'll just activate it for our third trip and have it through next year. Fingers crossed.
Finally! Got my AP renewal approval. I called 6/2 and never heard from them. Waited 4 hrs on the passholder service call. They "claimed" they tried to contact me but honestly that was b.s. In any case, it was approved and we are back in business again.

Finally! Got my AP renewal approval. I called 6/2 and never heard from them. Waited 4 hrs on the passholder service call. They "claimed" they tried to contact me but honestly that was b.s. In any case, it was approved and we are back in business again.
Congratulations 🎉🎈!

Does anyone know if you can purchase your annual plan on monthly installments again during the recovery phase?

I have a friend who was previously out of state APH who recently moved to FLA and asked me if that were possible. I told her I was not sure about the answer but could ask around regarding it.

TIA!

Monthly payments only apply to Florida residents, she would need to contact Pass Holder Services to see if that has been reinstated. I think it likely has been, but it she'll need to check to be sure.

Monthly payments only apply to Florida residents, she would need to contact Pass Holder Services to see if that has been reinstated. I think it likely has been, but it she'll need to check to be sure.
Thank you, I will have her contact them and ask.

My AP expired during the closure. I'm coming back next weekend for a trip. Is there any chance of getting a renewal on the spot if I pop into the Disney Springs AP office the day before?

My AP expired during the closure. I'm coming back next weekend for a trip. Is there any chance of getting a renewal on the spot if I pop into the Disney Springs AP office the day before?
You can always try. I know when I called Passholder Services, they told me they would evaluate my request and respond in a month.

Call the numbers and tell them you have a trip next weekend (hopefully on property so they can verify). They might be able to expedite you.

We had a family trip in April 2019:love: which was cancelled,😥 etc.. I had ANNUAL PASSES for my family of 6. I had to call many times over those few months to get more info on what to do with our annual passes.. since we paid for them and didn't go.. They had extended the passes for all 6 of us to November 2021💃. We are planning to go in July. What can we do with our Annual Passes.. are they accepting them as usual? Can we park hop or if the park reservation stays, we can only hop after 2 like everyone else? Thanks in advance!!

I didn't see anyone respond to this question, so here goes.

You need to make park reservations now and you can park hop after 2 pm. That (park reservations and park hopping after 2 pm) seems to be staying for now. So make the park reservations now!

I'm currently on hold with AP recovery. We let our WDW passes expire in 2019 as we went to Disneyland and DL Paris in 2019 and planned to pick up WDW passes in 2020. obviously that never happened. I've been waiting very patiently for passes to come back for DVC and felt sure we would follow FL residents closely. We have 760 Points and I just cant afford to keep them all if they wont sell me an AP.

Based on how this call goes, my next call may be to a DVC resale broker..... I definitely feel abandoned by Disney. Fingers crossed

I'm currently on hold with AP recovery. We let our WDW passes expire in 2019 as we went to Disneyland and DL Paris in 2019 and planned to pick up WDW passes in 2020. obviously that never happened. I've been waiting very patiently for passes to come back for DVC and felt sure we would follow FL residents closely. We have 760 Points and I just cant afford to keep them all if they wont sell me an AP.

Based on how this call goes, my next call may be to a DVC resale broker..... I definitely feel abandoned by Disney. Fingers crossed

No luck :(

I just got new AP Gold passes at Guest services at Disney springs. In fact I had bought my children 8 day park hopper tickets and were using them, thought I would pop in to GS at Springs and see what they could do. No problem, I paid $75 per kid and received Gold passes. If you are at Springs please go in! they are super helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter