Annual Pass confusion

I just got new AP Gold passes at Guest services at Disney springs. In fact I had bought my children 8 day park hopper tickets and were using them, thought I would pop in to GS at Springs and see what they could do. No problem, I paid $75 per kid and received Gold passes. If you are at Springs please go in! they are super helpful.
Are you saying you got new passes without having expired or covid canceled passes?

My children had expired, Janurary 14th, passes that were used last December. We did not renew their passes thinking sales would come back. DVC had told me I couldn't get passes for them so I bought 8 day park hopper tickets for last week.

I just got new AP Gold passes at Guest services at Disney springs. In fact I had bought my children 8 day park hopper tickets and were using them, thought I would pop in to GS at Springs and see what they could do. No problem, I paid $75 per kid and received Gold passes. If you are at Springs please go in! they are super helpful.
Thanks. This will be my plan, then. I'm just not desperate enough to wait on the phone for 2 hours just so they can tell me they will get back to me in a month.

So, my last annual pass expired in September 2019. We were waiting to get a new Gold Annual Pass in May 2020, but we know that didn't happen. Took a trip earlier in February and were hoping they would be selling them by that trip so that we could get another, but no such luck. While on that trip, I was told by a DVC member that as long as I had a previous pass, I could still get one by calling DVC. I explained that mine had expired 6 months before COVID and park closings, but she told me I was still eligible to get a new Gold Pass through DVC and all I need to do was call them.

I'm pretty sure this info is incorrect, but I thought I should double check with the experts on here!

My experience (for what it is worth)- We cancelled our gold APs back in 2020 and were reimbursed about $1000 for two. We then called the passholder line in late June 2021). Originally the first called resulted in them telling me that they would get back in 30 days and that according to their records, I was eligible for recovery. They called in about two weeks, gave told me the price was about $1000 and I could only buy a platinum pass because I was out of state. When I told them I was DVC they said OK we have to switch you to the DVC passholders line and they will call you back, you cannot call them directly. They did in a hour, got me the Gold pass for about $765 (recovery price, not the lower renewal price of about $650) linked everything to MDE, credited me for the ticket purchases I made and we are set. Its just a matter of getting through the phone calls and ensuring they know you are DVC. Lets hope we can actually visit in November and the Delta virus does cause them to close down again.

I didn’t realize until I read it here that I could purchase a new AP if I had an AP that expired after the WDW closure date. My original expiration date on my AP was June, 2020, but it had been extended until I believe November, when I chose not to renew it. I called today about it and got a call back in a hour and purchased a “new” AP at the Platinum AP regular price. I like that since my last trip was last September and my next trip starts at the end of this September, I didn’t have to pay for a year’s time that I wouldn’t have used it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter