And yet another school massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth is that important? Do you not understand that there are dead children?
Some people must virtue signal their caring with "thoughts and prayers." Others must do it with "poor this or that." Some folks get involved in discussion and while people cry over misinformation constantly today over things that don't agree with their opinion, when someone talks constant misinformation on actual facts of whatever discussion is being held, no one is allowed to correct said information?

Some people must virtue signal their caring with "thoughts and prayers." Others must do it with "poor this or that." Some folks get involved in discussion and while people cry over misinformation constantly today over things that don't agree with their opinion, when someone talks constant misinformation on actual facts of whatever discussion is being held, no one is allowed to correct said information?
Why not talk about guns away from the outpouring of grief involving lost children?
What are you as an American doing tomorrow to fix this issue?
Why not start some positive talk rather than worrying who was in Vietnam or who knows what kind of gun is which?

If you feel that’s important in the face of a bunch of 4th graders being massacred In their school today, then you do you :thumbsup2.

Person A will argue for more gun laws
Person B will argue for more guns, including in the hands of teachers, and more security measures at school.
Person C will say it's too soon and this tragedy shouldn't be politicized.
Person D will ask for prayers.
Talking heads will argue
Politicians will do nothing
And then more kids will die every month next school year.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Why not talk about guns away from the outpouring of grief involving lost children?
What are you as an American doing tomorrow to fix this issue?
Why not start some positive talk rather than worrying who was in Vietnam or who knows what kind of gun is which?
Do you guys get C-SPAN in Canada?

Person A will argue for more gun laws
Person B will argue for more guns, including in the hands of teachers, and more security measures at school.
Person C will say it's too soon and this tragedy shouldn't be politicized.
Person D will ask for prayers.
Talking heads will argue
Politicians will do nothing
And then more kids will die every month next school year.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Pretty much this. These happen pretty frequently now and nothing has really changed since Columbine.

I don’t watch the House of Commons when it’s broadcasted so why would I watch American congress?
You wanted to know what Americans will do to fix the issue. That would be a way for you to see an answer. My point is that the Congress are the only ones who can solve this issue.

You wanted to know what Americans will do to fix the issue. That would be a way for you to see an answer. My point is that the Congress are the only ones who can solve this issue.
I imagine that the states could too, at least to some degree. Maybe.

Pretty much this. These happen pretty frequently now and nothing has really changed since Columbine.
I mean columbine happened while many laws that people think will help were on the books

Everyone hates to see this but statistically it's extremely rare, making laws based off such rare events could very easily have a net negative effect on saving innocent lives, just look up estimates on defensive gun uses.

Anyway there really isn't enough info for anyone to argue specifics on this tragedy.

For what it's worth, C-Span can be interesting to watch sometimes. Not that they get much done but that's another discussion.

Well hopefully they do something.

Like I mentioned in other threads one of the Sandy Hook parents worked for my employer before moving back to the USA.
These shootings are heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter