And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really fuming about how sequestration has been handled. It was due to take effect 2 JAN and then was delayed and is due to take effect Friday and federal agencies are still acting as if they have no idea what will happen. They've known about this law for many months. DH's agency has been only notified that IF they are personally contacted in coming weeks (which may not happen as he might be deemed 'mission essential'), then they will be advised of the details of the one day a week, 22 week furlough of most federal (non-active duty) employees.

I have to admit that I feel a little silly coming home from an extra additional overcharge WDW spring break trip with possible sequestration beginning the next day for DH. I even mentioned the C-word yesterday - cancelation, because I felt so guilty about going on this trip. This threw DH for a loop. I even thought it would be more prudent to maybe vacation in-state instead and save thousands. Why am I being so pragmatic?

Any other possible sequestration victims out there?

:hug: Oh yes, my Mission Impossible friend... I've been thinking of the C-word too for the October trip should the furloughs take place. :sad2: I've been thinking of a few other words for the D.C. Menagerie of Morons. :rolleyes1 There were rumblings of lay-offs along with the furloughs at my hub's work. Kinda just in a holding pattern for now, I can't really justify the APs if the proverbial poo hits the fan. Meh.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I spent the weekend playing SW:tOR with the DH. Today, I'm just all foggy headed. I didn't get much sleep last night and when I finally drifted off, a bottle of mostly empty shampoo fell off the shelf in the shower and hit the shower floor on the cap of the bottle. It was loud enough to wake both the DH and I up. Then I didn't go back off to sleep for like an hour.

Well, I'm back off to study for my final, and research stuff for our San Antonio trip. I thought we were going in May, but nope we're going at the end of March. The DH said we may even do a penguin tour (they are my favorite animal).

I'm really fuming about how sequestration has been handled. It was due to take effect 2 JAN and then was delayed and is due to take effect Friday and federal agencies are still acting as if they have no idea what will happen. They've known about this law for many months. DH's agency has been only notified that IF they are personally contacted in coming weeks (which may not happen as he might be deemed 'mission essential'), then they will be advised of the details of the one day a week, 22 week furlough of most federal (non-active duty) employees.

I have to admit that I feel a little silly coming home from an extra additional overcharge WDW spring break trip with possible sequestration beginning the next day for DH. I even mentioned the C-word yesterday - cancelation, because I felt so guilty about going on this trip. This threw DH for a loop. I even thought it would be more prudent to maybe vacation in-state instead and save thousands. Why am I being so pragmatic?

:hug: Oh yes, my Mission Impossible friend... I've been thinking of the C-word too for the October trip should the furloughs take place. :sad2: I've been thinking of a few other words for the D.C. Menagerie of Morons. :rolleyes1 There were rumblings of lay-offs along with the furloughs at my hub's work. Kinda just in a holding pattern for now, I can't really justify the APs if the proverbial poo hits the fan. Meh.

Ah....the dreaded Sequestration word....count us in as watching closely as to what goes on with that....:hug:

As of right now, DH has been advised that they are not part of the initial 800,000 people to get furloughed. He explained something about the 800,000 being title 5 employees, and he is a title 32, meaning a military/civilian and they have put in a request for waiver since they support both federal and state missions.....I dunno...it's all mumbo jumbo to me and it makes me sooooo angry that these idiots in DC can't get over themselves and actually do something for the good of the country....and that's not a political statement because BOTH sides are to blame for this mess. :furious:

Anyway, the plan is that if DH does end up getting furloughed, he will take it all in July (because they can basically choose how to spread it out) since he will be deployed in July and making a lot more overseas anyway.

I just think the whole situation is assanine and there is no indication that anyone is even talking about fixing it. :sad2:

K, just got off the phone with my BFF. She was concerned because she is trying to compile a drink list for drinking around the world at Epcot and when she pulled up the map she could not find the World Showcase food court where this takes place!!! :scared1:

Food court?!?!?!? Oh boy. I explained World Showcase to her and she was baffled by this.....I really can't wait until they experience the real Disney and not what horrible monstrosity they have conjured up in their heads!!! :hyper:

K, just got off the phone with my BFF. She was concerned because she is trying to compile a drink list for drinking around the world at Epcot and when she pulled up the map she could not find the World Showcase food court where this takes place!!! :scared1:

Food court?!?!?!? Oh boy. I explained World Showcase to her and she was baffled by this.....I really can't wait until they experience the real Disney and not what horrible monstrosity they have conjured up in their heads!!! :hyper:

To me it's so funny that most people have no idea what WDW is .... just think it's a regular old amusement park! :rotfl2:

Me and hubs :goodvibes

Jeanette: This sounds amazing!! :worship:

That is EXCELLENT, Jeanette! ::yes:: <--- My face is actually this shade at the moment, too.

Miss: ME TOO!!!::yes:: and also this...:sad: but mostly this:thumbsup2!

I love F&G and now that they've added the food booths .... perfect!

Linda: I can't wait to check it out too!

I cant believe I forgot to post this.....I had a dream last night that my family was on vacation with Jeanette's and Jen's families! We all rented a big house somewhere, not sure where! How strange is that???????

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Melissa: This is hilarious!! We are haunting your dreams!! But in a good way! Maybe someday...an RC family get together in the works! :scratchin Love your blog start!

::yes::

pixiedust:pixiedust: Me too!!!

:scratchin That would be so amazing :beach: do you think all of our DHs would run away fishing :faint: The kids would have a blast :grouphug:

Jeanette: THere is no doubt about that! :goodvibes

So as I mentioned to pas, I had to scale down the August trip. We just can't afford 10 nights then on top of the April trip. Plus I know I will still want to try to sneak in a quickie in Dec/Jan before the AP's expire. :sad2:

We are now booked for 6 nights Poly CL in August and 5 nights YC CL in April. No splitting on either trip feels weird. I'm not sure if I can handle that. :bitelip:

Have a great Monday all! :grouphug:

IHeart: Your trips still sound amazing...I think we will be following a similar pattern with our new AP's!

Jen, Linda and I stayed at POR in January and it is a lovely resort. Think you all will enjoy the resort and the savings... happy DD is better. :goodvibes

Janet: Yay! more good words about POR! How did you find the buses when you were there?

As of right now, DH has been advised that they are not part of the initial 800,000 people to get furloughed. He explained something about the 800,000 being title 5 employees, and he is a title 32, meaning a military/civilian and they have put in a request for waiver since they support both federal and state missions.....I dunno...it's all mumbo jumbo to me and it makes me sooooo angry that these idiots in DC can't get over themselves and actually do something for the good of the country....and that's not a political statement because BOTH sides are to blame for this mess. :furious:

Anyway, the plan is that if DH does end up getting furloughed, he will take it all in July (because they can basically choose how to spread it out) since he will be deployed in July and making a lot more overseas anyway.

I just think the whole situation is assanine and there is no indication that anyone is even talking about fixing it. :sad2:

Candace: You lost me at squestrian???:confused3 Sorry ignorant Canadian over here....what the heck is your government trying to do???:(

I am sorry but this is hilarious!

Miss: ME TOO!!!::yes:: and also this...:sad: but mostly this:thumbsup2!

Linda: I can't wait to check it out too!

Melissa: This is hilarious!! We are haunting your dreams!! But in a good way! Maybe someday...an RC family get together in the works! :scratchin Love your blog start!

IHeart: Your trips still sound amazing...I think we will be following a similar pattern with our new AP's!

Janet: Yay! more good words about POR! How did you find the buses when you were there?

Candace: You lost me at squestrian???:confused3 Sorry ignorant Canadian over here....what the heck is your government trying to do???:(

I am sorry but this is hilarious!

In a nutshell, because the two major political parties of our country cannot come to an agreement on our budget and refuse to compromise, they are basically going to allow a series of cuts (known as the sequestration) in federal spending happen that will result in many federal and state agencies to lose funding. It's really pathetic and I wish there was a way to get rid of all of the politicians in Washington and start all over again...maybe with me as president...:scratchin :rotfl:

And yes, the food court comment resulted in my jaw immediately hitting the floor....:headache:

In a nutshell, because the two major political parties of our country cannot come to an agreement on our budget and refuse to compromise, they are basically going to allow a series of cuts (known as the sequestration) in federal spending happen that will result in many federal and state agencies to lose funding. It's really pathetic and I wish there was a way to get rid of all of the politicians in Washington and start all over again...maybe with me as president...:scratchin :rotfl:

And yes, the food court comment resulted in my jaw immediately hitting the floor....:headache:

Politicians stink. Here too.:sad2:

pas - Fabulous news! I was the same way when I started reading up on this year's F&G. Had.to.go! Too bad it now ultimately means I have to shorten the August trip, but whatevs.

So as I mentioned to pas, I had to scale down the August trip. We just can't afford 10 nights then on top of the April trip. Plus I know I will still want to try to sneak in a quickie in Dec/Jan before the AP's expire.
We are now booked for 6 nights Poly CL in August and 5 nights YC CL in April. No splitting on either trip feels weird. I'm not sure if I can handle that.
I spent all evening with DH picking out snacks we want to try :goodvibes And both trips sound great to me! :goodvibesSo it's a split stay still..split into two trips :rotfl:

WOOOHOOOOO for adults trip!
:cool1: I know!!!
Pas!! Have to make use of those APs, right?? YES!!!

:goodvibes Well....It's a tough thing, but someone's has to make sure you stay out of trouble....:rolleyes: but I have a feeling that Brian will be able to go. :flower3:
I hope he can. He just called me, his supervisor was fired, and they are very aggresively wanting to promote him immediately! More money, plus they want to work with him!!! And I've also been called to interview Monday (name mentioned from an old supervisor) to help start up a new endeavor locally:faint: I am going to interview...but who knows what exactly I am getting into :worried:
Jeanette 36 Days? I have to hurry up now and read the next 2 pages
:goodvibes

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOray!!! I still can't figure out where you're staying - do you even know?:scratchin

I know where I booked....does that count...All Star Sports

Does Brian know yet? If you don't tell him he won't ever know he was uninvited and that Janet took his place;)

He does know..now I wait..impatiently for MIL to find out if she can watch the kids

I could move in with my in-laws and live in the same town as Melissa:rotfl:

Is it far from my in-laws?
Mass exodus to Florida...poor Melissa, there goes the neighborhood

Jeanette Super! fantastic! Green with envy here! I saw that about the Food booths and wished we were going to F&G this year.

I keep saying I am moving to Florida after this Winter ;)
I am moving there...eventually...like 15 years eventually..but it's a dream!!

It's hard to justify any "extra" spending. But I am sure your DH wants you all to have this trip. The government :crazy2: they know what will happen, they choose not to disclose it. The hospital system is directly affected from all these "cuts" I know those with low income won't lose Medicid or Medicare BUT the Doctors and Hospitals are losing reimbursement. This is leading hospitals to close, merge, etc. And many Doctors are choosing to no longer accept any insurance leading to out of pocket medical expenses for many. My own insurance has changed vastly since 2013 started :sad:

Our hospital isbeingbought, to a bidder...any bidder. The last merger fell through. The system is broke...it is scary! :sad:Ugh!

Kinda just in a holding pattern for now, I can't really justify the APs if the proverbial poo hits the fan. Meh.
:grouphug:

We would have to get a hugemungous house...a compound perhaps :scratchin for our RC family...with a nice Tiki Bar in the back :beach:

I am surprisingly not having Mommy guilt yet, it IS only 2 nights after all ;)

In a nutshell, because the two major political parties of our country cannot come to an agreement on our budget and refuse to compromise, they are basically going to allow a series of cuts (known as the sequestration) in federal spending happen that will result in many federal and state agencies to lose funding. It's really pathetic and I wish there was a way to get rid of all of the politicians in Washington and start all over again...maybe with me as president..
You'll have my vote Candace ::yes::

You lost me at squestrian???:confused3 Sorry ignorant Canadian over here....what the heck is your government trying to do???:(

You're not ignorant at all, most Americans are confused as well and I've had to help explain it to many friends.

Our sequestration is a package of automatic spending cuts that’s part of the Budget Control Act (BCA) of 2011, which was passed in August 2011. The White House, with the help of Jack Lew (the Budget Director) proposed the idea back in 2011, (Mr. Lew has been nominated to be our next Treasury Secretary), and congressional leaders ultimately agreed to the BCA.

The cuts, which are projected to total $1.2 trillion, are scheduled to begin Friday and end in 2021. Yes, they last 9 years, which most don't realize. The cuts are evenly split between our defense spending — with spending on wars exempt — and discretionary domestic spending, which exempts most spending on (non-discretionary) entitlements like Social Security and Medicaid, which Linda and Sheila asked about yesterday. The total cuts for 2013 will be around $109 billion, give or take. This is a minuscule forced 2% spending cut.

Under the BCA, the cuts were triggered to take effect beginning 2 JAN if the supercommittee didn’t agree to a $1.2 trillion deficit-reduction package by NOV 2011. The group failed to reach a deal, so the sequester was triggered. During the election, the President said that the sequester wouldn't take effect, but in fact, it's law, and unless he issues an Executive Order, it must take effect.

The sequester can be avoided, but only if our Congress passes another budget deal that would achieve at least $1.2 trillion in deficit reduction. The political obstacles are basically the same as during the supercommittee negotiations that failed: Republicans don’t want to raise taxes, while Democrats are reluctant to make dramatic changes to entitlement programs to achieve savings.

So there you have it, oh, and we are still under a Continuing Resolution (CR) which funds our government because the Senate hasn't passed a budget since the Bush Administration (2009). The current CR will expire in the end of March. My DH is a retired military officer so he'll still receive his pension, but he's a current federal employee with our Department of Defense and is therefore subject to a one day a week furlough for 22 weeks starting in April. What happens the next 9 years, who knows:sad2:. DH is actually looking forward to the prospect of being forced to stay home an extra day:upsidedow

I spent all evening with DH picking out snacks we want to try :goodvibes And both trips sound great to me! :goodvibesSo it's a split stay still..split into two trips :rotfl:

:cool1: I know!!!
I hope he can. He just called me, his supervisor was fired, and they are very aggresively wanting to promote him immediately! More money, plus they want to work with him!!! And I've also been called to interview Monday (name mentioned from an old supervisor) to help start up a new endeavor locally:faint: I am going to interview...but who knows what exactly I am getting into :worried:

/QUOTE]

Jeanette: Wow....good luck on both your and DH's job fronts! This all sounds very promising!:goodvibes

You're not ignorant at all, most Americans are confused as well and I've had to help explain it to many friends.

Our sequestration is a package of automatic spending cuts that’s part of the Budget Control Act (BCA) of 2011, which was passed in August 2011. The White House, with the help of Jack Lew (the Budget Director) proposed the idea back in 2011, (Mr. Lew has been nominated to be our next Treasury Secretary), and congressional leaders ultimately agreed to the BCA.

The cuts, which are projected to total $1.2 trillion, are scheduled to begin Friday and end in 2021. Yes, they last 9 years, which most don't realize. The cuts are evenly split between our defense spending — with spending on wars exempt — and discretionary domestic spending, which exempts most spending on (non-discretionary) entitlements like Social Security and Medicaid, which Linda and Sheila asked about yesterday. The total cuts for 2013 will be around $109 billion, give or take. This is a minuscule forced 2% spending cut.

Under the BCA, the cuts were triggered to take effect beginning 2 JAN if the supercommittee didn’t agree to a $1.2 trillion deficit-reduction package by NOV 2011. The group failed to reach a deal, so the sequester was triggered. During the election, the President said that the sequester wouldn't take effect, but in fact, it's law, and unless he issues an Executive Order, it must take effect.

The sequester can be avoided, but only if our Congress passes another budget deal that would achieve at least $1.2 trillion in deficit reduction. The political obstacles are basically the same as during the supercommittee negotiations that failed: Republicans don’t want to raise taxes, while Democrats are reluctant to make dramatic changes to entitlement programs to achieve savings.

So there you have it, oh, and we are still under a Continuing Resolution (CR) which funds our government because the Senate hasn't passed a budget since the Bush Administration (2009). The current CR will expire in the end of March. My DH is a retired military officer so he'll still receive his pension, but he's a current federal employee with our Department of Defense and is therefore subject to a one day a week furlough for 22 weeks starting in April. What happens the next 9 years, who knows:sad2:. DH is actually looking forward to the prospect of being forced to stay home an extra day:upsidedow

Kook: You summed it all up quite nicely for me, and I have to say my head is spinning! :faint: But wow.... what a lot for the average person to understand. I hope you all aren't affected too harshly by all this.

It's hard to justify any "extra" spending. But I am sure your DH wants you all to have this trip. The government :crazy2: they know what will happen, they choose not to disclose it. The hospital system is directly affected from all these "cuts" I know those with low income won't lose Medicid or Medicare BUT the Doctors and Hospitals are losing reimbursement. This is leading hospitals to close, merge, etc. And many Doctors are choosing to no longer accept any insurance leading to out of pocket medical expenses for many. My own insurance has changed vastly since 2013 started :sad:

Our hospital isbeingbought, to a bidder...any bidder. The last merger fell through. The system is broke...it is scary! :sad:Ugh!
Wow! You have a lot of possible changes coming up and they sound really promising. I hope that everything works out just the way you hope.

It's funny you mention the gov't knowing what will happen. DH had a Town Hall meeting yesterday regarding sequestration at his agency and almost every single employee's question was left unanswered! It just made everyone angrier and DH already hates those TH meetings on a good day.

I hope MIL comes through for you and DH. If that doesn't work out, there's always Melissa's MIL:rolleyes2

WDWKOOK said:

Our sequestration is a package of automatic spending cuts that&#146;s part of the Budget Control Act (BCA) of 2011, which was passed in August 2011. The White House, with the help of Jack Lew (the Budget Director) proposed the idea back in 2011, (Mr. Lew has been nominated to be our next Treasury Secretary), and congressional leaders ultimately agreed to the BCA.

The cuts, which are projected to total $1.2 trillion, are scheduled to begin Friday and end in 2021. Yes, they last 9 years, which most don't realize. The cuts are evenly split between our defense spending &#151; with spending on wars exempt &#151; and discretionary domestic spending, which exempts most spending on (non-discretionary) entitlements like Social Security and Medicaid, which Linda and Sheila asked about yesterday. The total cuts for 2013 will be around $109 billion, give or take. This is a minuscule forced 2% spending cut.

Under the BCA, the cuts were triggered to take effect beginning 2 JAN if the supercommittee didn&#146;t agree to a $1.2 trillion deficit-reduction package by NOV 2011. The group failed to reach a deal, so the sequester was triggered. During the election, the President said that the sequester wouldn't take effect, but in fact, it's law, and unless he issues an Executive Order, it must take effect.

The sequester can be avoided, but only if our Congress passes another budget deal that would achieve at least $1.2 trillion in deficit reduction. The political obstacles are basically the same as during the supercommittee negotiations that failed: Republicans don&#146;t want to raise taxes, while Democrats are reluctant to make dramatic changes to entitlement programs to achieve savings.

Thank you for that. I didn't really understand what was going on. Since I don't have to drive to classes, I haven't been listening to talk radio and I only watch tv shows on line.

Y'all have a good morning. I'm gonna take a nap. Then when I get up, I need to decide if I want to drop the class I signed up for this next session and take two in one session. I just hate going on vacation, even a 4 day one, with school work to do. If I don't change it, I would have to bring my laptop with us.

Other than that, I just wish my tax return would get here!! We got the first text from H&R Block on the 15th & the 2nd on the 18th saying our return was excepted and we would get our refund with in 21 days. I need to get our WDW trip paid off and our San Antonio one booked.

Thank you for that. I didn't really understand what was going on. Since I don't have to drive to classes, I haven't been listening to talk radio and I only watch tv shows on line.

Y'all have a good morning. I'm gonna take a nap. Then when I get up, I need to decide if I want to drop the class I signed up for this next session and take two in one session. I just hate going on vacation, even a 4 day one, with school work to do. If I don't change it, I would have to bring my laptop with us.

Other than that, I just wish my tax return would get here!! We got the first text from H&R Block on the 15th & the 2nd on the 18th saying our return was excepted and we would get our refund with in 21 days. I need to get our WDW trip paid off and our San Antonio one booked.

Wookie: Have a good day, hope your taxes arrive soon. I have done mine but not DH's yet, and I am expecting a $350 refund. :p Better than having to pay that is for sure. I too would not want to do school work on vacation. :crazy2:

Kook: You summed it all up quite nicely for me, and I have to say my head is spinning! :faint: But wow.... what a lot for the average person to understand. I hope you all aren't affected too harshly by all this.
You probably feel like this now:crazy2:, but there is a lot of confusion and misconceptions about this whole process here in the states.

We are very lucky that we have a good military pension and DH has a wonderful DoD position, but I still look at everything pragmatically and my sensible side tells me that I need to reconsider spring break. I would love to know how many others are also reconsidering their expenditures based on looming sequestration. The WDTC may be in for more cancelations than changes soon.

We are very lucky that we have a good military pension and DH has a wonderful DoD position, but I still look at everything pragmatically and my sensible side tells me that I need to reconsider spring break. I would love to know how many others are also reconsidering their expenditures based on looming sequestration. The WDTC may be in for more cancelations than changes soon.

:hug:

WDWKOOK said:
I hope MIL comes through for you and DH. If that doesn't work out, there's always Melissa's MIL:rolleyes2

I'm in the middle of a cooking and baking spree, but almost died when I read this!!! LMAO!!!

Jeanette - MIL is in NY, just sayin' LOL!!! She can bring her oxygen and scooter while she smokes her unfiltered cigarettes and watches your kids ;) Did I mention she is only in her late 50's.....YIKES!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter