And I think to myself: "It's a wonderful World!" UPDATED: (post 238 & 239)

Really look forward to reading your updates :goodvibes

Sounds like you both had a wonderful trip

I love the look on you daughters face when she is standing with Chip n Dale :)

:rotfl:
Wow, what a great trip report so far. Loving the detail, and your enthusiasm showing through. Enjoying seeing your daughter's photos - we enjoyed looking at the photos our DS took last trip, it's really nice to look at WDW from their perspective.

I also love IllumiNations. One of our best nights at Epcot was a really wet August night, where the park had virtually cleared. We got chips from the UK, and ate them overlooking the lagoon. It was so deserted, it felt as if they were putting on IllumiNations just for us. Amazing. :goodvibes

Looking forward to more of your trippie. :thumbsup2

Thank you. :goodvibes I do agree that kids photos are always interesting. They see things that we don't notice too. I found a picture of a little bird drinking from a tiny puddle of water on cement on DD's card and asked where in the world that photo came from. She told me she was bored waiting to go into MK one day and zoomed in on the bird. I wouldn't have even seen it!

I do love those moments when you feel the park/show is just for you. :) We had a similar experience just before 3 am :eek: with all the characters at MK.

Just read your trip report so far - brilliant - lovely photos :goodvibes

Thank you. Welcome aboard!

Really look forward to reading your updates :goodvibes

Sounds like you both had a wonderful trip

I love the look on you daughters face when she is standing with Chip n Dale :)

Thanks Linda. Chip and Dale were so funny that day. I have PhotoPass pictures (not ordered yet) with DD and I with C&D in fits of laughter. I remember one of them ran away and pretended to 'drink' from the nearby water fountain too :laughing:

Hi Lee, I am FINALLY up to speed! :rotfl2:

Great report so far. Your pics are fab!

Love the look of the new Cantina San Angel. Can't wait to try it next year.

More please. popcorn::

Hey really enjoying your trip report :goodvibes

I'm always shocked at the prices in the UK gift shop too :lmao: Who'd pay $3 for a Crunchie????

Looking forward to reading the rest :surfweb:

I'm always shocked at the prices in the UK gift shop too :lmao: Who'd pay $3 for a Crunchie????

Apparently my DD - as long as it's not her money. :lmao: She saw me taking the photo and immediately piped up: "Ooooh, Crunchie! Can we get one?"

NO! :lmao:

The fruit gums were more of a shocker as I had picked some up on the high street - £1 for a box - just before we left!

I am really enjoying reading this Lee.

Might I ask if your daughter's goggles had tinted glass for sun protection? I saw a lot of those when I was there as my DD found the reflection tough on her eyes through her regular ones. Can't seem to find them on ebay though!!

I am really enjoying reading this Lee.

Might I ask if your daughter's goggles had tinted glass for sun protection? I saw a lot of those when I was there as my DD found the reflection tough on her eyes through her regular ones. Can't seem to find them on ebay though!!

THanks Kathryn. I feel so bad, I am so behind on my trippie now and the next day to post was mostly a shopping day so it is so easy to do. I feel really bad. :guilty:

I don't know why the goggles are tinted. She is a member of our local swimming club and they were issued with her membership (Speedo). In fact most of the goggles I have seen are tinted here. I noticed as I thought of getting clear ones for me and couldn't find them (I wear contacts).

She did indeed use them as sunglasses as she said they are less hassle and found it hiliarous when mine fell off my head in the wave pool - I forgot I had them on top of my head :upsidedow I don't think they are UV coated though.

The plan for today had been to go to DTD for breakfast before leaving for Premium Outlets. I wasn’t in the mood for a full on shopping day, but since DD has her own spending money and budget I usually try to discourage her from buying too much in the parks until she has checked out the Disney outlet store there. Last year we did a bumper shop there which entailed several members of staff at the cashier’s desk helping to sort, bag and ring up the many (seven I think) baskets of merchandise. It also called for a quick nip across to buy a suitcase as there was just no way I could carry all that stuff.

After a late night last night we only headed down to the food court for breakfast around 9 am. It just seemed like too much trouble to go to DTD, then stop for breakfast there so we just ate at the foodcourt again. I am not a traditional breakfast person and the thought of another lovely meal at WPE was tempting so I suggested that we leave PO no later than 3 pm and eat a late lunch at DTD.

After doing who knows what to waste time at the resort it was about 10.30 am before we hopped onto the bus to DTD. Now what came over me to take the bus instead of the boat is stops before heading across to Typhoon Lagoon, the Market Place and finally Pleasure Island. It took about 30 minutes.

We had no trouble getting a taxi immediately. Well I suppose they wait for you and come and find you if you look like you are even vaguely contemplating going somewhere. It was really hot and I kept thinking how I wished we had swapped our TL day with today. Nothing exciting to report from PO. We popped into Claire’s for DD to look around and bought a few bits and bobs there. That is one place where the cold, sullen attitude of the staff always amazes me. It seems so out of place. Eventually went to collect our baskets of wares stashed behind the checkout counter. I am terrible with this but since there was a lot of stuff, it took a while to ring it up. So while the cashier is busy ringing up and wrapping items, my eyes are roaming around while my mouth issues requests to DD, to “Be a honey and go and get me 2 of those ... no, make it 3 ... actually 5. Yes 5. Please. Thank you.” After an hour in the Disney outlet we left laden with shopping bags, struggling to walk to the taxi. At least we were carrying them this time. We were in the taxi before 3 pm and on our way back to DTD West Side. We hit every red light on the way back and hiked up a pretty taxi fare! We should have just asked to be dropped at the Market Place. The sun was scorching down on us and I was struggling with the heavy bags, my backpack stuffed with shopping and DD’s backpack which I took from her because it was still quicker than letting her carry it. She struggles in the heat. We arrived at WPE ravenous, but not very adventurous. Sorry to bore you, but we ordered the same again: Salmon, kids pizza and fruit, except DD got a frozen yogurt this time.

DSCF3484.jpg

DSCF3485.jpg

Having learnt our lesson in the morning we went straight to the boat dock, just in time to walk onto a boat which was about to depart.

We had still not seen Fantasmic and tonight was a good night to do so as we had MK planned for Sunday, but I had to let DD have a swim and cool off. She looked like she was wilting. The heat doesn’t bother me at all. I was still seeking out the sunniest spots wherever we were and sat happily on a lounger at the pool watching her swim.

We stayed on target with our timing and had ourselves showered, changed and at DHS by 6 pm. Given the late time of our arrival, our plan was to see Fantasmic and come straight back to the resort. I decided to see how the park looked in terms of crowds before choosing whether to see the first or the second show. I thought we would have plenty time for the first show, but if we saw the second one, we might squeeze in either one attraction or just stroll around.

Security at the parks was on top form this year. Not that they are ever anything less than fantastic, but tonight we had the most entertaining guy at the bag check. Anyone seen Santa Who? He reminded me of the chief elf (I can’t remember his name). He sounded just like him! Anyway, with all the joking and chatter as he checked through the bags he got to us and one of his questions was whether this was our first time at DHS, to which DD replied ‘No.’ “Oh goooooood!” he said. “Welcome back to Epcot!” The looks on the faces of the party behind us was priceless! :lmao:

On entering the park we were immediately caught up in a very large crowd of people, all moving down Sunset Boulevard. Guess where they were all going? :rolleyes1 My immediate thought was we should see the second show, so we popped round the corner to RnR to see if there were any FPs left, which unsurprisingly there weren’t.

Now I don’t know what it is about DHS. There are several things there that I really like, but as far as parks go, I just don’t like it. :confused3 I resolved that this year I was going to make some serious effort and find all the good things about it, soak up the atmosphere and get into it. So why was I already irritated? :confused: After a very brief discussion with DD we both agreed that we would see the first show and leave the park immediately after to eat dinner at POFQ. So we joined the line. There were already guests hovering around the tail end of the line telling folk to go ahead, as they were waiting for the SECOND show! :eek: It was still 45 minutes to the first one!

Anyway, we were there and we were going to see it so we stood and listened as they announced that all seats were full but there was still standing room and we would all be going in. I was quite happy with that. My biggest consideration was not getting in – it was getting out so when they did let us in the first thing I checked with a CM was where will we be exiting? And found ourselves a spot right near the back with a clear path to the exit. :)

Well the show was spectacular,:thumbsup2 as expected and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We had no problems seeing it aside from a brief moment when a couple in front of us decided that they would jump about into each other’s arms ..... please, save it for your resort. :sad2:

Would I like to see it again? Absolutely! Is it worth waiting 90 minutes for to get a seat? Absolutely not in my opinion. But then I don’t think very much is worth throwing away that amount of park time. I would do a dinner package though – as long as I felt like trying one of the participating restaurants and if DD wants to see it again and undertakes not to moan about waiting, then I will happily go with and sit out the wait. I’m glad we did it though and I will make sure that we discuss whether we plan to do it next year, before ADR time rolls along.

We returned to POFQ and went to have dinner at the foodcourt. We were really making use of our resort foodcourt this year. I think we just enjoyed POFQ so much we wanted to spend more time there. :goodvibes

In a desperate bid to be more adventurous with meals, I decided, when DD ordered macaroni cheese that I would try the pasta too. I am not a big pasta eater, but it looked good. Well, as is typical with Disney food, the plate was enormous and also came with bread. I managed about a third of the pasta. It was very tasty, but so filling! I never got to the bread, but did finish all the salad - fresh and crunchy ... yum!! :)

100_1502.jpg

100_1503.jpg

What we did after that I have no idea as my notes don’t reflect any activity that evening other than going to bed just after midnight.

I do apologise firstly for the delay in getting this post up and also for the lack of pictures. Although we took photos in the afternoon, nothing really interesting to post - other than food :rotfl:

Got it right: :thumbsup2

Again, we were doing well with timekeeping and it definitely keeps the pressure off and helps avoid frustration by not doing what you have planned to for that particular day. I think we did the right thing by seeing the first showing of Fantasmic and accepting, as planned, that this was a F! evening, and not a DHS park evening.

Could have done differently:
:upsidedow

I actually wish we had just gone to the Disney Outlet at PO, left the other places we wandered in and out of rather pointlessly and popped across to Publix instead. It would have been cooler in the supermarket and we probably could have picked up anything else we might have wanted under one roof. Never mind, next time. It didn’t ruin the day, but it could have been structured a bit better, all fitting within the same timeframe.

Next up: Day 6 – Animal Kingdom, including evening EMH

Another great update :goodvibes

I agree with you about Fantasmic! it's great but I don't think we will do it on our next trip having seen in in May

Another great day. :goodvibes

The food at POFQ looks quite good, as does your salmon dish at WPE. Did you enjoy the QSDP?

I LOVE the QSDP. Especially since our new favourite, House of Blues, is not a DDP restaurant - so we don't feel we are wasting credits to pay OOP.

I think we just prefer to be able to eat when we are hungry. I do like a few TS added into the mix, but find QSDP just gives us more flexibility at the moment. It is very likely that as Tove gets older, this could change as we look to experience different aspects of our trips (note that utter conviction with which I speak: there is no doubt we will be going back again, and again .... :rotfl:).

If I did a split stay I might do 4/5 days DDP and the rest on QSDP, but again, only feasible if booking one of them on the US website.

Another great day!
I also like the look of the salmon....another one that you have convinced us to do next year!
I like the idea of the quick exit at Fantasmic. This place can take an age to get out.
We did it on DDP package this year and also go a quick getaway
Bring on A.K.

We only touch Fantasmic with the dinner package - we do the buffet at Hollywood and Vine. Wouldn't consider it otherwise but I do like it once per trip.

We went to the Disney Outlet at LBV factory stores this year which was very poor. Must go back to premium this year but I find the factory stores easier for some reason - think it is parking maybe.

We only touch Fantasmic with the dinner package - we do the buffet at Hollywood and Vine. Wouldn't consider it otherwise but I do like it once per trip.

We went to the Disney Outlet at LBV factory stores this year which was very poor. Must go back to premium this year but I find the factory stores easier for some reason - think it is parking maybe.

If DD wants F! next year, I will do the dinner package. I actually have no problem with getting a CS meal and taking it to the queue an hour or so before to wait and then eating it in the theatre while waiting, which is what I had planned to do. It's just with the big late lunch we weren't hungry and there really wasn't that much time, unless we did it for the second show.

I seriously considered LBV outlets, but decided to just go to PO. The taxi fare cost us about $30 return and the idea was to go to Publix while in the area, but it was really hot and DD was struggling with the heat that day. It doesn't bother me at all. Next year I might just see about getting dropped at Publix and walking across to PO afterwards. It will be the first time we only have the 1 bag each allowance, but if we agree to do a full on shopping spree day, I will just pre pay an extra bag so we don't worry about it.

Another great day!
I also like the look of the salmon....another one that you have convinced us to do next year!
I like the idea of the quick exit at Fantasmic. This place can take an age to get out.
We did it on DDP package this year and also go a quick getaway
Bring on A.K.

I love salmon! :lovestruc I had this 3 times on this trip and every time it was succulent, moist, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. I so want to be adventurous with my food, but this is the reason I don't bother with a dedicated dining report - I find things I love and have them over and over again. :rolleyes:

I will be starting my AK report once DD has borrowed the laptop to put in a few hours on her assignment which is due at the end of the week (meaning it has to be done by tomorrow or we won't find the time). The next day is a good one and there are plenty pictures. We really like AK anyway, but I think this was our best day there ever. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter