An Unforgettable Finish- Oct 2011 TR **Happily Ever After (Completed 5/3)

Yay, you made it to Disney! :woohoo:

The WWoS looks pretty nice, hopefully someday I'll do a 5K so I can see it for myself, since I'll probably have no other reason to go there!

I had no idea you switched from Pop to Windsor Hills! I always think staying offsite might be a better deal, I'd love to have a true deluxe room with a separate bedroom and a hot tub and pay value resort prices! Maybe when I can tear myself away from EMH I'll try it someday! Can't wait to see pictures! :thumbsup2

Yay!!! You made it! :cool1: That's the best feeling ever driving through those gates! :goodvibes I love your pictures of the Wide World of Sports because I've always wanted to check it out but never gotten the chance! :confused3

Kate,

I'm subbing. Great report so far. I saw you, Jeremy and the boys as you were leaving the WWoS complex. My sister and I were waiting for the bus back to ASMu when you passed by!:cool1: I was too embarrassed to stop you guys. :confused3 I felt sort of "stalkerish".:lmao: It's funny that you should mention your strollers because when I saw you, I turned to my sister and explained briefly who you were and said "I wonder why she doesn't have her City Mini with her?" Now I know.:rotfl2: Looking forward to more:thumbsup2

Kelly

Yeah! A new TR! I forgot you were doing the 5K! I can't wait to read about it. I am beginnig to formulate plans for an October trip next year...only time will tell, I guess!

Can't wait to hear about Windsor Hills! It sounds like a better idea, but I can totally understand how you must've felt picking something not onsite. I've thought about that one more than a few times on longer visits after reading what a better deal it is on the DIS. I've never been brave enough to try it though! :laughing:

Nice start! Glad the boys were so well behaved for you!

In a way, it was sort of sad, to go from CBR to Pop to Windsor Hills, but I do think it was for the best, given all the circumstances. I don't think I'd want to stay there every time, but it is a sensible option. I think I was the only one disappointed to be offsite.

Thanks! It could have been so much worse trying pick up those packets. I was glad it went smoothly.

Great update, Kate. I just cannot how much those boys have grown in just a few short months. And how could anyone be mad at Landon for causing them to sleep? He's just too darn cute.

Glad the boys cooperated while you got your race papers.

Looking forward to hearing about your offisite stay.

I know, the boys are changing very fast these days. It's hard to keep up with them sometimes. I think for me, the hardest part of being a mom is not always being able to get a good night's sleep, but Landon is awfully cute and that always helps.

I was really glad we were able to get those papers with no problems. It could have been much worse.

This was our first offsite stay in a long time, so it was really weird to not be checking in somewhere at Disney.

Woo Hoo for making it to Disney! :woohoo:

I liked getting to see your pics of Wide World of Sports....I've never ventured over there before. Ed would like to do a 5K there one day, so it'll be interesting to hear what you thought about the race.

I love that feeling that comes with arriving at Disney. It was really fun that Carter was excited this time, too.

I've always felt that I didn't have time for sports while at Disney. WWOS was interesting, but I don't think I'd go back unless we do another race, which I hope we do. Disney 5Ks are quite fun.

Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in! :)

Yay, you made it to Disney! :woohoo:

The WWoS looks pretty nice, hopefully someday I'll do a 5K so I can see it for myself, since I'll probably have no other reason to go there!

I had no idea you switched from Pop to Windsor Hills! I always think staying offsite might be a better deal, I'd love to have a true deluxe room with a separate bedroom and a hot tub and pay value resort prices! Maybe when I can tear myself away from EMH I'll try it someday! Can't wait to see pictures! :thumbsup2

I love the beginning of a vacation! So much potential.

WWoS is pretty nice, I guess, for what it is. Personally, I thought it had a little too much sports and not enough Disney. :laughing: I hope you get to do a Disney 5K someday, it's a lot of fun.

It's never too late to change resorts, right? :rotfl: I think offsite is unquestionably a better deal, but there's just something about being onsite. I think the value of having more room is greater when you have kids. I told Jeremy that if it's ever just me and him, I want to stay onsite. And go to EMH!

I'm late, I'm late!

But I'm here! :)

That is really too bad about the no strollers in the race center. That's not very family friendly! I pretty much loathe no stroller rules. I feel like if the people who made those rules knew Everett, they'd really prefer him to be safely strapped into the stroller:rotfl:

Can't wait to hear more!

Hi Hon! I have no idea how I missed that you had started your TR but I'm here now!! Will have to catch up later tonight, got a full day ahead of me, but will chat with you later!:hug:

Yay!!! You made it! :cool1: That's the best feeling ever driving through those gates! :goodvibes I love your pictures of the Wide World of Sports because I've always wanted to check it out but never gotten the chance! :confused3

It sure is the best feeling ever. It's funny how leaving those same gates is so horrible and arriving is so wonderful. I never thought I'd be going to Wide World of Sports, either, but it was cool to get to see what it's like. I don't think I'd visit just for fun, though.

Kate,

I'm subbing. Great report so far. I saw you, Jeremy and the boys as you were leaving the WWoS complex. My sister and I were waiting for the bus back to ASMu when you passed by!:cool1: I was too embarrassed to stop you guys. :confused3 I felt sort of "stalkerish".:lmao: It's funny that you should mention your strollers because when I saw you, I turned to my sister and explained briefly who you were and said "I wonder why she doesn't have her City Mini with her?" Now I know.:rotfl2: Looking forward to more:thumbsup2

Kelly

Hi, Kelly! How funny, we walked right by you! :rotfl: You could have said hi, I wouldn't have thought it was "stalkerish" unless you were only at WWoS waiting to see us. Not likely. I'm glad I mentioned the strollers now. While I was writing that part, I almost left it out, because I thought no one will really care which stroller I'm using or why. Now, I'm glad I left it in! :goodvibes

Yeah! A new TR! I forgot you were doing the 5K! I can't wait to read about it. I am beginnig to formulate plans for an October trip next year...only time will tell, I guess!

I hope your plans for October work out! I'm hoping to go back in October next year, too. That 5K was fun! :)

I'm late, I'm late!

But I'm here! :)

That is really too bad about the no strollers in the race center. That's not very family friendly! I pretty much loathe no stroller rules. I feel like if the people who made those rules knew Everett, they'd really prefer him to be safely strapped into the stroller:rotfl:

Can't wait to hear more!

Better late than never! :goodvibes

It's always tough when there's places that strollers aren't allowed. I guess I understand the reasoning behind it, but it would be so much easier if strollers could go everywhere. Especially The Land pavilion. After all, our strollers are for the protection of others. :laughing:

Hi Hon! I have no idea how I missed that you had started your TR but I'm here now!! Will have to catch up later tonight, got a full day ahead of me, but will chat with you later!:hug:

Hi, Queen! No worries, I think there's been a lot of new TRs started lately. I know I still have quite a few to get around to, myself. :)

Aww Landon is such a cutie!!! Chowing down on those fries in Ketchup! Yumm! :laughing: I'm glad you made it to the table without Landon's head covered in taco salad!! But that taco salad does look gooood!!! Sorry your bun was blah, but glad it was an easy fix- by removal! :laughing: Can't wait to hear what ride you go on first!! :thumbsup2

Ahh, being foiled by the tram. I always opt with walking, because I figure in most cases I can get there faster. But honestly, when we were there in July, I often took rides when I would normally hot because it was so flipping hot outside.

I'm sorry the burger was disappointing. Especially when you're hungry. :sad2:

Sounds like y'all were off to a great start at MK! Pecos Bills is one of my favorite places for lunch. Just looking at your picture of the taco salad, made my mouth water! :rotfl: The boys are so cute chowing down on their lunch.

Too bad Landon decided not to let everyone get plenty of rest for the last leg of the drive. I'm sure he was too excited to sleep. I'm sure I'll be too excited to sleep the last night before we go to Disney World! :yay:

I've gone back and looked to see if I missed something. If so, I've missed it twice. :lmao: What was the reason for taking the Graco strollers with you this time? Is it so you can each push one of the boys during the 5K instead of having to push the double?:confused3

I'm sorry you got stuck on the monorail and didn't make it to Captain Cooks. I always love a lunch at Pecos Bills though. I'm sorry your burger wasn't very good, but at least the air conditioning was working!

Sort of like when you get a new car and you don't know exactly how far you can push it until you actually run out of gas.
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Sorry, but that comment struck me as being kind of funny. There's only one way to know exactly how far you can push it... Is there some kind of a back story here?:confused3

Great update, Kate. We took a tram for the first time this year in ages (we always walk) and experienced the new "doors" on the trams; all I can say is it is about time.

Sorry your meal at Pecos Bills was not all that good. We went in 2008 and have not gone back. My burger was awful and my girlfriend's Taco salad was a shell, a handful of lettuce and a teaspoon of meat -- UGH!

Can't wait to see which ride you hit up first.

I once saw a parent dump an entire tray of food on a kid in a stroller and it was not pretty! I'm very happy that your boys avoided that fate!

You guys are brave to tram it! I have never taken the tram with a stroller! Of course I usually have my beast, which doesn't fold nearly as well as an umbrella, but still, I don't think I could handle it.

Sorry you were prevented from getting off at the Poly, but at least you made it into the parks with no trouble. I agree that the burgers at Pecos Bills are lackluster, but for some reason I keep going back. Isn't that the definition of insanity? :rotfl:

Ugh, doesn't it seem like forever until the tram gets moving? We usually walk if we're close enough, but since it was so hot on this trip on some days, I feel like we took the tram more than usual, and you just sit and sit and sit, and wait for that thing to start moving! :laughing:

Isn't it great getting your first glimpse of a park after so many months of planning? It's like a dream coming true! :lovestruc

I'm glad you guys managed to find a way to push both strollers and carry your food, that seems a little complicated! :laughing:

Aww Landon is such a cutie!!! Chowing down on those fries in Ketchup! Yumm! :laughing: I'm glad you made it to the table without Landon's head covered in taco salad!! But that taco salad does look gooood!!! Sorry your bun was blah, but glad it was an easy fix- by removal! :laughing: Can't wait to hear what ride you go on first!! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I love to watch Landon eat- he always looks like he's really enjoying his food. :goodvibes It was touch and go for a minute there, whether or not Landon would be wearing the taco salad, but Jeremy said he could do it, and he was right. Without the bun, it really wasn't too bad of a burger.

Ahh, being foiled by the tram. I always opt with walking, because I figure in most cases I can get there faster. But honestly, when we were there in July, I often took rides when I would normally hot because it was so flipping hot outside.

I'm sorry the burger was disappointing. Especially when you're hungry. :sad2:

I'm sure walking is faster especially with how long they sit there waiting for people. We usually walk, just because the strollers are such a pain to fold up. It's usually only at MK that I'd rather take the tram. Some of those spots are far away!

We were really hungry by then. I wanted to wait and eat our first meal in the parks. Even with a bad burger, it was still fun just to be there.

Sounds like y'all were off to a great start at MK! Pecos Bills is one of my favorite places for lunch. Just looking at your picture of the taco salad, made my mouth water! :rotfl: The boys are so cute chowing down on their lunch.

We usually love Pecos Bill's, but I'd never gotten the cheeseburger before. Never again. Next time, I'll stick with the taco salad. Or maybe the barbecue sandwich. I remember liking that in December. Thanks! I always find them cute at meal times.

Too bad Landon decided not to let everyone get plenty of rest for the last leg of the drive. I'm sure he was too excited to sleep. I'm sure I'll be too excited to sleep the last night before we go to Disney World! :yay:

I've gone back and looked to see if I missed something. If so, I've missed it twice. :lmao: What was the reason for taking the Graco strollers with you this time? Is it so you can each push one of the boys during the 5K instead of having to push the double?:confused3

I'm sorry you got stuck on the monorail and didn't make it to Captain Cooks. I always love a lunch at Pecos Bills though. I'm sorry your burger wasn't very good, but at least the air conditioning was working!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Sorry, but that comment struck me as being kind of funny. There's only one way to know exactly how far you can push it... Is there some kind of a back story here?:confused3

Landon may have been too excited to sleep, but if that was the case, he should have rested quietly, thinking exciting thoughts to himself. I know when I'm too excited to sleep, I never keep everyone else up, too.

Yes, the reason for the two single strollers was the 5K. After practicing a few times at home, we realized we were a lot faster with each of us pushing one boy instead of one of us with both of them. They may look little, but they're actually quite heavy, especially around mile 3. Plus, this way, there could be no brotherly interactions that we would need to stop and break up.

The air conditioning was the main thing that I wanted at lunch, so really in that regard, lunch was quite the success. I love that back room at Pecos Bill's, even if it is a long walk to the toppings bar.

No, not much of a back story. I've never ran out of gas, and while I'm always curious exactly how far under E I could go, I've never tried to find out. I find that episode of Seinfeld, where Kramer test drives the new car until it's out of gas, very intriguing.

Great update, Kate. We took a tram for the first time this year in ages (we always walk) and experienced the new "doors" on the trams; all I can say is it is about time.

Sorry your meal at Pecos Bills was not all that good. We went in 2008 and have not gone back. My burger was awful and my girlfriend's Taco salad was a shell, a handful of lettuce and a teaspoon of meat -- UGH!

Can't wait to see which ride you hit up first.

I found the doors on the trams to be a bit of a nuisance, actually. I can see the reasoning, but with a stroller in one hand and a toddler in the other, there's no hands left to be messing around with doors.

We usually like Pecos Bill's so I was kind of surprised by the awful burger. I'm sorry your meal there was so bad. That taco salad does sound pretty bad too. When we get it, I'd describe it more as mountain of meat and a trip to the toppings bar.

I once saw a parent dump an entire tray of food on a kid in a stroller and it was not pretty! I'm very happy that your boys avoided that fate!

You guys are brave to tram it! I have never taken the tram with a stroller! Of course I usually have my beast, which doesn't fold nearly as well as an umbrella, but still, I don't think I could handle it.

Sorry you were prevented from getting off at the Poly, but at least you made it into the parks with no trouble. I agree that the burgers at Pecos Bills are lackluster, but for some reason I keep going back. Isn't that the definition of insanity? :rotfl:

Wow, I would have felt terrible to dump a whole tray of food on one of my boys! I'm glad that didn't happen this time.

Sometimes, I think it would be nice to have a special parking lot for people with strollers. :laughing: It's always so hard to try and fold up the stroller and get on the tram. And then, it's just as hard when it's time to get off. I think if wouldn't be too bad, if you had an umbrella stroller and two adults for each kid.

It was so nice to arrive in the Magic Kingdom, that we didn't really mind missing Captain Cook's. It probably would be insane to return to Pecos Bills and order the burger each time. :rotfl: I don't think I'm going to get the burger there again for a long time.

Hey there!! we just returned last night and I am happy to find your TR :goodvibes

Hey, welcome back! How was your trip?

Ugh, doesn't it seem like forever until the tram gets moving? We usually walk if we're close enough, but since it was so hot on this trip on some days, I feel like we took the tram more than usual, and you just sit and sit and sit, and wait for that thing to start moving! :laughing:

Isn't it great getting your first glimpse of a park after so many months of planning? It's like a dream coming true! :lovestruc

I'm glad you guys managed to find a way to push both strollers and carry your food, that seems a little complicated! :laughing:

It seems like longer than forever when you're waiting on the tram with two squirmy toddlers. I actually think the hottest that I was all trip was when we were standing there, waiting for the tram. :rotfl:

I love getting that first glimpse of the parks, especially when there's Christmas or fall decorations up. Everything looked so cool!

It was very complicated to push the strollers and carry the food. I'm glad Jeremy was able to do it, because I don't think I could have. The best plan I had come up with was to return to the counter and try to get someone to help us.

Very glad to see you've started your new report! Great start! Can't wait for more!
xxx

Hi! I'm glad you're here! Thanks, it's going to be fun getting into all the best parts of this trip. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter