An Unforgettable Finish- Oct 2011 TR **Happily Ever After (Completed 5/3)

Awwww!! Loved the pirates toes & the "excalator" fun! He's too cute. I had to laugh when Landon only managed to grab two swords, that you didn't buy. :laughing:

Waiting for shows can be such a pain sometimes. I understand their desire to climb all over everything in there. Cute that they started a monkey game though! Hope the show goes well. I'm interested to read about the changes!

It was fun seeing what the boys were most excited about on Pirates. I would never have guessed it would be pirate toes and the escalator. If I had bought those two swords, they would have been a source of great torment to me throughout the rest of the trip. Maybe someday...

We usually don't do a lot of shows with the boys. The waiting tends to bore them and then they may or may not be interested in the show itself. Once they're a bit older, maybe we'll try more. They do make cute monkeys.

Subbing!!! I've been so stinkin' busy. I'll have to catch up later! :lovestruc

Welcome! I've been very busy lately, too. Take your time! :goodvibes

I only suggested it, because you said you were tempted to suggest it to other parents in your last TR. :lmao::rotfl2:

I know, I see you're paying attention. :laughing: Luckily, even if you had been there and suggested it in front of Landon, he wouldn't have been sold. He wanted to tour with his swords all day. :rotfl:

Haha, that's so funny that Carter noticed pirate toes! How cute! :rotfl:

I have to agree with him, the escalator is a lot of fun! :banana:

Can't wait to hear about the new Tiki room, we skipped it as always, but maybe someday we'll see it!

I thought noticing pirate toes was pretty cute, too. He always catches the little details.

I don't know if the escalator is too much fun, but I will admit, it's much nicer than stairs.

You guys should give it a try someday. If nothing else, it's climate controlled with comfortable seats. :thumbsup2

The boys look like they had so much fun on the carpets. And a big :woohoo: for sleeping children & ice cream! The spumoni sounds really good - I'll have to remember it.

I wont' go into details here (I'll save it for my TR), but I thought the Tiki Birds were rather dull too. :confused3

You can see how much fun Carter and Landon had on the Carpet ride...and I love that you all got spit on by the camel once. ;)

I love sitting near Main Street enjoying ice cream and people watching.

The boys look like they had so much fun on the carpets. And a big :woohoo: for sleeping children & ice cream! The spumoni sounds really good - I'll have to remember it.

They had a blast on the carpets. I think that was one of Landon's favorite rides. And I love it when the boys sleep at the same time at Disney. I don't know if they have the spumoni all the time, it might have been seasonal, but if they do, it's pretty good. Something different at least.

The Tiki Room is always take it or leave it. I didn't mind Zazu or Iago, because I think kids were definitely more interested in them. Now, I agree, there's not much to keep people from getting bored.

The Magic Carpets have a way of making kids so happy. My niece and nephew adored them and wanted to ride every time we walked by. :goodvibes

Hi Kate, great job with your report.
Wow, your boys are adorable, love the picture of Landon on the carpets.
I also agree that you summed up the Tiki birds perfectly, I was never crazy about Iago and Zazu in the last incarnation, especially Iago's voice yelling the whole time, but at least there was some plot, the new version bored me and I missed all the totem poles or whatever they were singing In the Still of the Night.

That's great that the boys were taking such a nice, long nap for y'all. And I really like your Vinylmation trade. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to start trading either pins or vinylmation on our next trip.

That's great that you and Jermey got to do Space Mountain (back row is DEFINITELY very bumpy) while the boys continued to nap (and they look so cute in their strollers sleeping).

And glad you got a Vinylmation that you liked thanks to a helpful CM.

I like the observation that the Tiki room is really nothing but fake, singing birds no matter what the plot is. :lmao::rotfl2: I'm glad that Landon got to ride his carpets.

Sitting on Main Street enjoying ice cream is a great way to end a visit to MK... unless sleeping boys allow for a change in plans. :thumbsup2

Eating ice cream on Main Street is such a relaxing little break to do. It's one of my favorite ways to kill time at the park.
I have to agree with you, Space Mtn is pretty rough in the back. I feel that way about most rides, though. Everyone always tries to get the last row in BTMRR, whereas I am always counting heads to make sure I don't.:confused3

Rex is a good Vinylmation to start off your vacation and your trades. :thumbsup2
You mentioned that you like the Lion King ones. I'd be curious to hear if you found any at the parks. Alex and I looked in every store we went to (including D street in DTD) and couldn't find anyone selling them.

The boys looks so nice and peaceful, I wish adults could take naps like that during the day at WDW :rotfl:

I became obsessed (to put it lightly) with vinylmation trading!! I am glad you found a helpful CM, I have found that each one had different rules for the trading

The boys look so cute sleeping in their strollers!
I can see where 2 singles would really limit you at this age. They do, hoever, work really well when you have one big enough to ride 40"+ rides and one not big enough. so keep that in mind when Carter grows a bit. Its nice to take the little one away to distract or to do something his own size :goodvibes

Happy Halloween! I am just getting caught up and love your TR. The boys look cuter than ever:goodvibes

I love the pictures of them in the strollers. As nice as it is to have them enjoying MK, it must have been nice to do Space Mountain and enjoy ice cream with your DH all alone. I can't say I have ever tried Spumoni ice cream.

We were in MK last week and I finally got to try Casey's corn dog nuggets and they were just as good as they sound when you write about them. (I am pretty sure you get them for Carter, right?)

I wont' go into details here (I'll save it for my TR), but I thought the Tiki Birds were rather dull too. :confused3

You can see how much fun Carter and Landon had on the Carpet ride...and I love that you all got spit on by the camel once. ;)

I love sitting near Main Street enjoying ice cream and people watching.

I had expected better from the original show. :confused3 I'll be interested to hear more about it when you get to that part in your TR.

It was so hot that that camel spit felt pretty good. Carter loved it and so did Landon. :goodvibes

We don't usually go to the Ice Cream Parlor, but it was just right for that day. I loved seeing Main Street decorated for Halloween.

The Tiki Room is always take it or leave it. I didn't mind Zazu or Iago, because I think kids were definitely more interested in them. Now, I agree, there's not much to keep people from getting bored.

The Magic Carpets have a way of making kids so happy. My niece and nephew adored them and wanted to ride every time we walked by. :goodvibes

I agree, I could always skip the Tiki Room and not really mind. It's nice on days when there's long lines for everything else, or when we just want to be inside and sitting down. I never really appreciated Iago or Zazu until they weren't there. :rotfl:

Landon, too! He'd have spent his whole day on the Magic Carpets, if he could. I don't know what it is about it that kids love so much.

Hi Kate, great job with your report.
Wow, your boys are adorable, love the picture of Landon on the carpets.
I also agree that you summed up the Tiki birds perfectly, I was never crazy about Iago and Zazu in the last incarnation, especially Iago's voice yelling the whole time, but at least there was some plot, the new version bored me and I missed all the totem poles or whatever they were singing In the Still of the Night.

Hi, Nebo! Glad to see you here!
Thanks! I love that picture of Landon, too. He always seems very photogenic to me.
Wasn't Iago's voice the worst? I used to hate when he'd interrupt the Tiki Birds after a few lines, but without him and Zazu, there was just nothing going on but singing birds.

That's great that the boys were taking such a nice, long nap for y'all. And I really like your Vinylmation trade. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to start trading either pins or vinylmation on our next trip.

It was great that they were napping. After Landon's lack of sleep the night before, he really needed that nap. I'm definitely more interested in vinylmation trading these days, but both are a lot of fun.

That's great that you and Jermey got to do Space Mountain (back row is DEFINITELY very bumpy) while the boys continued to nap (and they look so cute in their strollers sleeping).

And glad you got a Vinylmation that you liked thanks to a helpful CM.

I loved getting a chance to ride Space Mountain! When we're at Disney with the boys, we never really know if we'll have a chance to go on any of the bigger rides or not. I'm glad it's not just my imagination, that the back row is bumpier. The boys do look very cute when they're asleep.

I thought that was so cool of him to hold the back up so I could see the reflection. I would never have thought of that.

That's awesome that they boys fell asleep and you guys got to ride Space Mountain! I don't like the back either, it's definitely bumpier, but it's still fun! I'd rather ride in the front, though!

I started trading Vinylmations on my trip, which I'll talk about in my TR once I get up to buying my first one, but I loved when CM's would kind of cheat and let you pick more than once, or ask what you are looking for! :thumbsup2

I might be the odd man out, but I like the original Tiki Room better. I just think it uses the space best.

Yay for rides on Space Mountain and sleeping boys, that is a double score!

And I am so happy that you got Rex, way better than that weird water looking one.

Oh and Amanda- I vote for pins! You will always know what you are going to get with pins, which means you won't miss a good one! Plus trader pins are cheaper and pins are easier to store (can you tell I'm pin obsessed!).

I like the observation that the Tiki room is really nothing but fake, singing birds no matter what the plot is. :lmao::rotfl2: I'm glad that Landon got to ride his carpets.

Sitting on Main Street enjoying ice cream is a great way to end a visit to MK... unless sleeping boys allow for a change in plans. :thumbsup2

Doesn't really matter what they do to it, does it? :laughing: Maybe next time they refurbish it, it could be the Tiki Room in 3D, with laser guns, so it's interactive...I bet Jose would be worth a lot of points!

I thought that sitting on Main Street and eating ice cream would be the best ending, but Space Mountain while the boys slept was even better!

Eating ice cream on Main Street is such a relaxing little break to do. It's one of my favorite ways to kill time at the park.
I have to agree with you, Space Mtn is pretty rough in the back. I feel that way about most rides, though. Everyone always tries to get the last row in BTMRR, whereas I am always counting heads to make sure I don't.:confused3

Rex is a good Vinylmation to start off your vacation and your trades. :thumbsup2
You mentioned that you like the Lion King ones. I'd be curious to hear if you found any at the parks. Alex and I looked in every store we went to (including D street in DTD) and couldn't find anyone selling them.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if we'd ever eaten ice cream from the parlor before. It was definitely fun, especially since it turned out to be kid-free ice cream. I don't really like the back of BTMRR either. I'd take it over the back of Space Mountain, but I'd never ask for the back.

I was really happy with Rex. I had a pretty good Toy Story collection, so Rex was a welcome addition. I never did find any Lion King Vinylmation in the parks. :confused3 They sell them at the Disney Store here, though.

The boys looks so nice and peaceful, I wish adults could take naps like that during the day at WDW :rotfl:

I became obsessed (to put it lightly) with vinylmation trading!! I am glad you found a helpful CM, I have found that each one had different rules for the trading

I would love it if I had a comfy seat in the shade to take afternoon naps in while at Disney! Little kids don't know how good they have it. :laughing:

Once you start vinylmation trading, it's easy to get hooked! I remember thinking I'd only buy one vinylmation, just to trade.:rolleyes1 I've found that each CM uses different rules, too. I'm not sure why, but it's fun to trade with someone who seems to care if you like the new one.

The boys look so cute sleeping in their strollers!
I can see where 2 singles would really limit you at this age. They do, hoever, work really well when you have one big enough to ride 40"+ rides and one not big enough. so keep that in mind when Carter grows a bit. Its nice to take the little one away to distract or to do something his own size :goodvibes

Thanks! I thought they looked adorable sleeping in the strollers like that. They're always very cute when sleeping. I hadn't really thought through all of the ramifications of using two singles, but there were some big drawbacks. You make a very good point, about how it would be more useful as they get older. I do wonder if there will be a long time when Carter is tall enough to ride and Landon is not. Landon's pretty tall for his age...

Ahhh . . . peacefully sleeping little boys . . . it doesn't get much more relaxing than that!

I love it when my boys are sleeping at Disney! It was a great way to start the trip.:lovestruc

Happy Halloween! I am just getting caught up and love your TR. The boys look cuter than ever:goodvibes

I love the pictures of them in the strollers. As nice as it is to have them enjoying MK, it must have been nice to do Space Mountain and enjoy ice cream with your DH all alone. I can't say I have ever tried Spumoni ice cream.

We were in MK last week and I finally got to try Casey's corn dog nuggets and they were just as good as they sound when you write about them. (I am pretty sure you get them for Carter, right?)

Happy Halloween! Thanks! The boys seem to be aging pretty well so far.:)

I do love seeing Disney World with the boys and watching them have fun, but it's also so nice when they fall asleep and we get a little break and can do whatever we feel like again, just like we used to. The Spumoni ice cream was pretty good! Jeremy and I love trying new foods, so Spumoni was the perfect choice for us.

I'm glad you liked the corn dog nuggets. The first time Carter had them, he loved them and the second time he had them, he wouldn't even taste them.:confused3

That's awesome that they boys fell asleep and you guys got to ride Space Mountain! I don't like the back either, it's definitely bumpier, but it's still fun! I'd rather ride in the front, though!

I started trading Vinylmations on my trip, which I'll talk about in my TR once I get up to buying my first one, but I loved when CM's would kind of cheat and let you pick more than once, or ask what you are looking for! :thumbsup2

I loved being able to go on Space Mountain on the first day of our trip! The boys were very sweet to coordinate naps for us. I wonder if anyone likes the back of Space Mountain. I love riding in the very front. Even though the whole thing is in the dark, I kind of like the view from the front. :laughing:

I'll be interested to hear which Vinylmation you got...wouldn't it be weird if I ended up with one that you had traded and you ended up with one that I had traded?:eek: I do love it when a CM tries to make sure the trade goes your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter