• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An Unforgettable Finish- Oct 2011 TR **Happily Ever After (Completed 5/3)

So happy for you guys :goodvibes Sounds like you found the perfect home and are really enjoying it!! I am so happy to hear that you are having a wonderful time!

Enjoy it and tell WDW we say hello :goodvibes

Wonderful ending Kate!
Congrats to Jeremy and on your new home!
Ive really enjoyed all your trip reports and I hope you and Jeremy have a wonderful time on your adult only trip!

Thanks! We're still loving our new home and being Florida people. Our adults only trip was so wonderful! It went by way too fast, but it was one of our best trips ever.

OMG! I have so much to catch up on!

Okay, I'll start with the AK/last day update: I'm so sorry y'all were still having to deal with that horrible rain! UGH! So sorry that the last day was less than ideal. But, at least you were able to find the spare key! Now, that would've really been the icing on the cake that day. :sad2:

Y'all moved?!? And to Florida?!? That is incredible! :cheer2: So happy for y'all. And a big congrats to Jeremy finishing up school.

That AK day was the worst! I so wanted it to stop raining, but it just wasn't going to happen. Finding the spare key was really good. Having to call a locksmith to come out in that weather and unlock our car would have been awful.

We did move! We love living in Florida! It's really nice to see palm trees all year round. I love having Jeremy be done with school, too.

Lemme first say I read your trip report when jermey was on business and met you guys there and from that moment I was in love with Landon and carter, I think my Molly is right in between your two little boys :) being just a little past the 2 yr mark .. Your trip reports always make me smile :) we will be back in Disney oct 11-16th and hope to run into you and the boys :) I will be sure to say hi if we see you :)

That was a fun trip! Right around 2 years is such a fun Disney age, isn't it? I love seeing how much they enjoy everything and doing all the little kid stuff with them. I'm glad you've liked my trip reports. :) I'm still trying to figure out dates for the fall and winter, so we might see you then!

Kate, how I will miss your wonderful and witty reports! Hopefully, at some point, you will decide to come out of retirement! I will miss those beautiful little men of yours! Its been a great ride!:hug:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if I did come out of retirement at some point. I know I'll miss writing trip reports a lot. Maybe once the boys start school... Thanks! :)

Sorry to hear the ending of your Disney days wasn't fun but the true ending of your vacation is fabulous! I keep trying to convince DH to move to Florida but he says it's too flat where I just want to live by the beach again.

Stop by my PTR and maybe you will be down there around that time and our sons can play together.

I've still got tons to go, but i figured i'd comment before i forget what i was going to say:lmao: i started over- that's how far behind i got, so if i mention something i a second time forgive me!

I too am a lover of the pirate toes! i've been a fan since i was a child! i like the hairy legs too!

i've always been an advocate of the two singles. but i can see how that really depends on the kids ages. it worked so well once maya was old enough to push or park her own. i can see now why you wanted the double for your boys though.

sorry you had to miss out on stacy.

i thought it was very interesting that they send a golf cart aroudn to pick up the slow pokes in the race. congrats on finishing- i love the medals:goodvibes

so are you a rope drop convert now?

i was very glad to hear you say that Carter doesnt like getting messy. James doesnt either. He's always saying "me dont like dirt" or "me dont like bugs" or other things like that. i was beginning to think he was not a little boy. glad to hear its more common than i previously though:lmao:

I always ask James what he wants for dinner. i don't know why. He always replies with BBQ pizza. every single night that is what he wants. obviously, he only gets what he wants once a month or so. so don't feel bad, you aren't the only parent who asks then ignores.

i think you should try indy with the boys next time. there really is enough action to keep their attention for most of the show. and besides, its a quick exit if you chose to leave mid way though.

and now i want some ohanas bread pudding. yumyum.

okay, all finished now.

I thought that Jeremy was very inventive with the straw. we took a stroller with a squeaky wheel once, and it about ruined the trip for my sister. im glad you got a new wheel.

what is the holiday sandwich?

i can't get enough pretzil bread either.

i was getting really nervous with you not liking MNSSHP. i'm like you, that parade can make up for the whole night. i sing Boo to You for ages!

i'm so glad that you got the character meetings with the boys. all those pictures are so special! its amazing how much a big ole furball can mean to a little one. did you ever figure out if the boys were anti face character or anti princess?

I'm so beyond excited for you and beyond jealous that you have moved. I'll miss your reports though. Have you ever read any of those year long reports the locals do? the author just pops in here and there and shares a little of their day at the parks. it seems like they are less time consuming for the author and the readers dont really have as high as expectations. i'd love to have James and Carter (and Landon of course) ride pirate toes together sometime, if you are ever around when we are there.

Wow! I just finished reading and wow...just wow. That really IS an unforgettable finish. I'm thrilled that you have had the chance to move to Florida and took it. Something I would love to do...ah...someday. And I understand your TR retirement, as well....these are terribly labor intensive, especially when you're as good at it as you are! :goodvibes

Awe poor babies scared of it's a small world. I love that ride. Oh well. Maybe when they get older they'll like it.

I've always liked It's a Small World, but I don't have high hopes for them liking it when they're older. I suspect most guys find Small World gets worse over time.:rotfl:

I am dreaming of doing MVMCP again. One of the best WDW I have. I'm not a Halloween gal either.

I love MVMCP! Can't wait to go back again this year! We're actually doing MVMCP and MNSSHP this time. :cool1:

Wow you're a sport. The teacups and I aren't a good match.

The risotto at Le Cellier is soooooo good. I'm salivating thinking about it.

The teacups have really only made me feel bad once and that was in high school when my football playing brother decided to spin it as fast as he could. It was crazy fast!:crazy2:

I love that risotto! Le Cellier is awesome!

Congrats to Jeremy!!! That is wonderful! Also, congrats on the move to paradise.. I can't wait for us to move to FL DBF use to work for Disney and can't wait for hiring to get better so we can move down there.

Im sad that your TR's are coming to an end but I hear ya on the time factor. I have really enjoyed reading all your trips and love the way you write.

Have a fantastic time this weekend on your adults only adventure!!!!!

Thanks! It is so nice to have Jeremy finished with school forever and to be living in paradise. I hope Disney starts hiring again soon so you all can move down here. Seeing those palm trees and breathing nice Florida air everyday just never gets old.

Now that I've had a few months off, I'm kind of sad the TRs are over, too. :rotfl: Not enough hours in the day, I guess. Thanks!

We had the best time on our adults only trip! I'm hoping to get my parents to take the boys for the weekend again next year.

Hi Kate
Remember me ... the crazed British Lady who jumped on you at Winnie the Pooh. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your trip report. As for the ending ... well I never saw that coming. Can't believe your trip reports are coming to an end ... I was already counting the days until you would start one for yours and Jeremy's trip sans children. So glad you've found your slice of paradise (me jealous much ... it's rained constantly here for what seems like weeks). Who knows ... if ever I spot you again I'll be sure to say hello.
Lx

Hi Lucie! You're still the only DISer I've ever met in real life, very unforgettable. :) Thanks! It was actually very hard keeping the ending a secret all that time, but I wanted to go out on a high note. Would you believe we didn't take the camera to the parks with us a single time on that trip? We have a few shots of our savanna view and that's it! It's been raining every afternoon for about thirty minutes here. Not bad at all! Definitely say hi if you ever see us again!

Lovely trip report!

I hope the move went well and the family is doing good!

Thanks! We're doing really great here and love the town just a little more every day.

Hmmm..... You must live somewhat near us!
We are East Coast (Brevard County). It is fifty-five minutes from our house to the Magic Kingdom Parking lot! :)

You're a little bit closer to Disney than we are, but we do live somewhat nearby. I love the East Coast!

So happy for you guys :goodvibes Sounds like you found the perfect home and are really enjoying it!! I am so happy to hear that you are having a wonderful time!

Enjoy it and tell WDW we say hello :goodvibes

Thanks! We're really happy with our new home and the town and everything. It couldn't have worked out any better for us.

I will! We've been enjoying the water parks this summer.

Sorry to hear the ending of your Disney days wasn't fun but the true ending of your vacation is fabulous! I keep trying to convince DH to move to Florida but he says it's too flat where I just want to live by the beach again.

Stop by my PTR and maybe you will be down there around that time and our sons can play together.

I hated that rain on the last day, but finding the perfect house and moving to Florida more than made up for it. Florida may be flat, but there's lots of tall palm trees and beautiful ocean views. That's got to count for something, right?

I'll come check it out. My boys are just starting to get to the age where they are able to enjoy playing with other kids. That would be fun!

I've still got tons to go, but i figured i'd comment before i forget what i was going to say:lmao: i started over- that's how far behind i got, so if i mention something i a second time forgive me!

I've had to start over a few times on TRs, too! :laughing:

I too am a lover of the pirate toes! i've been a fan since i was a child! i like the hairy legs too!

I love the attention to detail in Pirates. A hairy legged animatronic pirate is something you could only see at Disney.

i've always been an advocate of the two singles. but i can see how that really depends on the kids ages. it worked so well once maya was old enough to push or park her own. i can see now why you wanted the double for your boys though.

Two singles probably would be nice with kids further apart in age. The double stroller really works great for us, though. Landon's sure he's old enough to push his own stroller now. :rotfl:

sorry you had to miss out on stacy.

Somehow pulling it up on youtube just isn't the same...

i thought it was very interesting that they send a golf cart aroudn to pick up the slow pokes in the race. congrats on finishing- i love the medals:goodvibes

I was just glad we beat the golf cart! I love our medals, too. Someday, we'll do another Disney race.

so are you a rope drop convert now?

Absolutely not! Sleeping in is the best. No getting up early in Disney!

i was very glad to hear you say that Carter doesnt like getting messy. James doesnt either. He's always saying "me dont like dirt" or "me dont like bugs" or other things like that. i was beginning to think he was not a little boy. glad to hear its more common than i previously though:lmao:

It's kind of funny, Landon doesn't mind being messy at all and Carter hates it, so at meal times, I'm always trying to get Landon to eat neatly and to get Carter to feed himself and not worry about if he spills a little food.

I always ask James what he wants for dinner. i don't know why. He always replies with BBQ pizza. every single night that is what he wants. obviously, he only gets what he wants once a month or so. so don't feel bad, you aren't the only parent who asks then ignores.

You're lucky it's BBQ pizza! Whenever I ask Carter lately, he always says, "Joe's Crab Shack, Mommy. It's not too expensive." He doesn't get what he wants very often either.

i think you should try indy with the boys next time. there really is enough action to keep their attention for most of the show. and besides, its a quick exit if you chose to leave mid way though.

We still haven't seen it. Maybe next time. They're both seriously into Cars now, so I'll probably have to take them to Lights Motors Action, too.

and now i want some ohanas bread pudding. yumyum.

I have an Ohana ADR in December! Can't wait!

okay, all finished now.

I thought that Jeremy was very inventive with the straw. we took a stroller with a squeaky wheel once, and it about ruined the trip for my sister. im glad you got a new wheel.

It was such a relief to have the straw work for the stroller. Still no more stroller issues since we got the new wheel.

what is the holiday sandwich?

Turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing...basically a full Thanksgiving dinner on a sandwich. It's incredible.

i can't get enough pretzil bread either.

Next time, we'll start right out asking for only pretzel bread.

i was getting really nervous with you not liking MNSSHP. i'm like you, that parade can make up for the whole night. i sing Boo to You for ages!

I can't wait to see the Boo to You parade again. That Headless Horseman is the coolest!

i'm so glad that you got the character meetings with the boys. all those pictures are so special! its amazing how much a big ole furball can mean to a little one. did you ever figure out if the boys were anti face character or anti princess?

I love all those pictures from the character meetings! Their expressions are so priceless. No, we never did figure out if they were anti face characters or anti princesses. Still not sure, really.

I'm so beyond excited for you and beyond jealous that you have moved. I'll miss your reports though. Have you ever read any of those year long reports the locals do? the author just pops in here and there and shares a little of their day at the parks. it seems like they are less time consuming for the author and the readers dont really have as high as expectations. i'd love to have James and Carter (and Landon of course) ride pirate toes together sometime, if you are ever around when we are there.

I have read some of the year long reports that the locals do. Maybe someday I could try one of those. I think I'm just afraid I'd fall so far behind, writing about day trips 2 years ago and stuff. I bet our boys would love riding pirate toes sometime. I think we're arriving a day or two after you leave in October. Missed it by that much. Someday!

Wow! I just finished reading and wow...just wow. That really IS an unforgettable finish. I'm thrilled that you have had the chance to move to Florida and took it. Something I would love to do...ah...someday. And I understand your TR retirement, as well....these are terribly labor intensive, especially when you're as good at it as you are! :goodvibes

Thanks, I wanted the TR to live up to the title. We're really happy living here in Florida. It's definitely the right move for us. I hope you all get to move someday, too. I do miss TR writing already, but there's just not enough time these days. Thank you!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter