Americans and Canadians culture Q&A Thread.

I think the point wasn't that it was not against the flag code but instead that many people who talk about respecting the flag don't seem to care when clothing is made out of one.
I was just pointing out that it is also against the flag code, so it's even more disrespectful. And those are the same people who would be all up in arms when a flag is burned in protest, which is NOT against flag code.

All I know is that you ( country you, not specifically you) go on and on about loving the flag and respecting it but then see nothing wrong with someone wearing the flag as buttfloss for a bikini. That’s confusing to me.
I think the point wasn't that it was not against the flag code but instead that many people who talk about respecting the flag don't seem to care when clothing is made out of one.
Well, here is my personal opinion on it. I deeply respect the USA flag as a citizen and as someone who has ancestors that fought for our freedoms under its banner. I also respect the Canadian flag as you are our ally, neighbor, and trading partner who share majority of our core beliefs and values. However, this is my take on the apparel thing. The flag code is more like suggestions then law for a private citizens. I have "patriotic" clothing that I wear on special occasions (ex. 4th of July) or USMNT match days. I view it as what is your intention when wearing things that look similar to the flag. I agree that a USA flag table cloth is disrespectful but I personally feel Uncle Sam hats or little things like sunglasses are not disrespecting the integrity of the USA flag. Just my two sense. I have seen Canadians wear their flag at sporting events or paint their flag on their face. So would Canadians see that as disrespectful? Also, the respect for the flag gained even more importance at the Battle of Baltimore (when the anthem was written), so that's partly why many Americans are reverent towards it (in a way Canadians might find odd).

You asked if Canadians would find it disrespectful to wear a Canadian flag or paint one on their face and my answer is that I find it hard to think of something I would care less about than that.

Simply translated, no I would not find it disrespectful.
Thanks for clarifying.

?

What do you mean? This isn't meant as political.
:sad2: It's nothing at all of that nature. {{sigh}} If we must...I had made a comment about the picture with the upside-down flag but as I scrolled through more current posts, saw it had already been discussed and the questions asked and answered.

:sad2: It's nothing at all of that nature. {{sigh}} If we must...I had made a comment about the picture with the upside-down flag but as I scrolled through more current posts, saw it had already been discussed and the questions asked and answered.
Sorry. I didn't see the original comment. Thanks for the clarification.

Canadians, what makes your province/territory special? Also, I just want to wish your national team good luck in the Concacaf Nations League semifinals coming up.

Canadians, what makes your province/territory special? Also, I just want to wish your national team good luck in the Concacaf Nations League semifinals coming up.

Good luck In the who, the what ? We just won the worlds at Hockey, we are pleased 😊
Well around here, Quebec, it’s the French, and it’s very political, so I won’t go there. It’s touchy .
Aside from that, we have the only Grand Prix, in 2 weeks baby :car::car:
that’s Montreal though. I am biased, I love my city, and would like to take it and plunk it anywhere else but this province 😂

Well, here is my personal opinion on it. I deeply respect the USA flag as a citizen and as someone who has ancestors that fought for our freedoms under its banner. I also respect the Canadian flag as you are our ally, neighbor, and trading partner who share majority of our core beliefs and values. However, this is my take on the apparel thing. The flag code is more like suggestions then law for a private citizens. I have "patriotic" clothing that I wear on special occasions (ex. 4th of July) or USMNT match days. I view it as what is your intention when wearing things that look similar to the flag. I agree that a USA flag table cloth is disrespectful but I personally feel Uncle Sam hats or little things like sunglasses are not disrespecting the integrity of the USA flag. Just my two sense. I have seen Canadians wear their flag at sporting events or paint their flag on their face. So would Canadians see that as disrespectful? Also, the respect for the flag gained even more importance at the Battle of Baltimore (when the anthem was written), so that's partly why many Americans are reverent towards it (in a way Canadians might find odd).

I agree that things, like you mentioned, like a pair of sunglasses or an Uncle Sam hat are totally fine because they are used in celebration of the day. A US flag bathing suit on a random Tuesday isn’t in the same category.

Like a pp, I wouldn’t care of someone wore a Canada flag shirt or a temporary tattoo (which are all over the place on Canada Day. If I saw someone wearing this, I’d definitely roll my eyes

IMG_8151.jpeg

I agree that things, like you mentioned, like a pair of sunglasses or an Uncle Sam hat are totally fine because they are used in celebration of the day. A US flag bathing suit on a random Tuesday isn’t in the same category.

Like a pp, I wouldn’t care of someone wore a Canada flag shirt or a temporary tattoo (which are all over the place on Canada Day. If I saw someone wearing this, I’d definitely roll my eyes

View attachment 764888
😍🤣 I'd roll my eyes too but if I was in Canada on July 1 at the beach I would probably be a hypocrite wearing patriotic swim trunks.

Canadians, do you have a special recipe that you make on Canada Day? Also, do you have a question for Americans this week?

But what Canadian-American name will the bus be named. 🤔
We will hold a contest. The name needs to be something that captures the heart of both countries and fills riders with pride. We probably need a mascot while we are at it. I'm open to submissions and will put all entries before a carefully chosen committee to decide.

We will hold a contest. The name needs to be something that captures the heart of both countries and fills riders with pride. We probably need a mascot while we are at it. I'm open to submissions and will put all entries before a carefully chosen committee to decide.
American Bison/Canadian Moose on each side of the bus, a bald eagle on the hood and a beaver on the back panel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter