• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Americans and Canadians culture Q&A Thread.

Cake any kind is my favourite.

About the flags it depends i guess. Really usually say when we cross the border we see a lots of flags. Here I notice more if our flag is lowered .

Oh to add I bring my Canada flag out on Canada Day! For a
week than bring it in so it doesn’t fade from the sun….lol

Also have other decorations for my door and porch for that day too.

Hoping for a USA/Canada win tonight. I'll post the MLS text match link in my other thread for Canadians who want to follow the match online or see the highlights after. I won't be talking about the match any more on here.

Cake any kind is my favourite.

About the flags it depends i guess. Really usually say when we cross the border we see a lots of flags. Here I notice more if our flag is lowered .
Funny (not haha funny) thing about that - for about the last 15 years or so, whenever I'd see a flag at half-mast and not immediately know why, I'd assume the Queen had just died and I hadn't heard yet. RIP QEII. :littleangel:
Sugar pie
Do tell - I've never heard of it. Is it this?
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/213595/miraculous-canadian-sugar-pie/

Funny (not haha funny) thing about that - for about the last 15 years or so, whenever I'd see a flag at half-mast and not immediately know why, I'd assume the Queen had just died and I hadn't heard yet. RIP QEII. :littleangel:

Also try searching for tarte au sucre (it's a Quebec thing). That doens't look quite like what I've had, but I'm sure that there are many variations. Very good - in small doses.

It can be , but as Sir Duff mentioned , there are different versions. That one has too much crust 🤣. I prefer no crust on top, and more sugar . St. Donat has the best one in my opinion .

It can be , but as Sir Duff mentioned , there are different versions. That one has too much crust 🤣. I prefer no crust on top, and more sugar . St. Donat has the best one in my opinion .
Do you have a Montreal specific dinner recipe that you would recommend? I'm trying to come up with a fun meal for Sunday's match.

Do you have a Montreal specific dinner recipe that you would recommend? I'm trying to come up with a fun meal for Sunday's match.

I am a horrible cook Buzz
I don’t like cooking, probably because I am not a great eater, quite fussy. I cook only because I have to, you know ?
But if it were a Montreal “thing” and sport related, I would do smoked meat and dill pickles with coleslaw and fries or chips. Real smokes meat 😉

Does American maple syrup taste different from Canadian maple syrup?
Not sure I have ever had "American" maple syrup. Everything I buy says "Product of Canada and the United States" It has been decades since I had Pure Canadian Maple Syrup, my Aunt sent some as a gift.

I don’t like cooking, probably because I am not a great eater, quite fussy. I cook only because I have to, you know ?
But if it were a Montreal “thing” and sport related, I would do smoked meat and dill pickles with coleslaw and fries or chips. Real smokes meat 😉
I believe anyone can cook if they try @mommasita . I can recommended some great cooking help blogs/websites if you are interested. That smoked meat idea sounds great. Thanks. Good luck to Canada.

Not sure I have ever had "American" maple syrup. Everything I buy says "Product of Canada and the United States" It has been decades since I had Pure Canadian Maple Syrup, my Aunt sent some as a gift.
I have bought American made maple syrup. It says product of USA not Canada. I have also had some that say product of Canada. I taste no difference but I don't know if that's just me.

Do you enjoy a certain type of cuisine in particular?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter