American Girl?

Sadie Girl

Earning My Ears
Trying to plan out our time that we're not at DL... anyone been to LA's American Girl Store? Just wondering how far it is from DL. Also, is there anything for my dh to do for a couple hours around there while my dds and I are inside?

Depends on what day, what day of the week ;) Probably anywhere from 35-90 minutes.

There is a movie theater there at the grove that he can go to. He can go pig out at the farmers market too. If he needs to buy even more time, there's some intersting shops (depending on what he's into) as well as main stream stores (GAP, etc).

Sadie Girl said:
. . . Also, is there anything for my dh to do for a couple hours around there while my dds and I are inside?
A few blocks south of Farmers Market/The Grove is the Petersen Automotive Museum (at the corner of Wilshire and Fairfax). Have DH drop you off, go to the museum, and pick you up two hours later. Then see who has a bigger smile.

Woody

Sadie Girl said:
Trying to plan out our time that we're not at DL... anyone been to LA's American Girl Store? Just wondering how far it is from DL. Also, is there anything for my dh to do for a couple hours around there while my dds and I are inside?

Sadie Girl - we are going to DL in May of next year, and are planning a visit to the American Girl Place too. I'd love to hear how it went when you get back! My DD is so excited she can hardly stand it!

Thanks everyone! Now I'm trying to decide if we splurge and do the bfast or brunch...

Judy - i'll be sure to post what we thought!

Just got back yesterday from our SoCal trip... and we area exhausted!

We did go to the American Girl Place last Monday (11/6). It is in the Grove mall - outdoor, upscale and trendy... My girls had a great time looking around (and coveting all the stuff!). I made reservations for lunch and didn't need to do that - we were the only ones in the restaurant! You get a lot of food and of course are paying for the atmosphere. My dh even decided to join us. Although afterwards while we were looking around he left and went out and sat on a bench :)

If you have girls definitely a stop to consider...

We also plan on going to AG when we are on our vacation to Disneyland. Could I ask you about the drive? My hubby and son might stay at the park and I was wondering if it is an easy drive. I have already mapped it out but am nervous about driving myself. Thanks!

I don't think the drive is any big deal, but you will be driving through the 'heart' of L.A.. So, everything you've heard about L.A. freeways you'll have to drive through to get there. If you plan well and avoid traffic, I'm sure it will be much like the freeways in your own 'big city' where ever you're from. Even in traffic, you'll live (unless 'traffic' to you is driving behind more then 1 car on your local road LOL) it just may be a bit nerve racking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter