• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amber Alert in Colorado - Jessica Ridgeway Murder - They got the monster

Bertnie20 said:
The only thing I'm fustrated about is they keep calling me out. I'm not mad at anyone else, but one can not say I'm wrong when they don't even know. I don't even know. I could understand if I was saying I know for a fact your wrong I'm right but I've already said it was MENTIONED. When the other posted has done the same thing yet I'm being called heartless rude etc, I'm glad most of you haven't dealt with this on a personal level. This is my town as well as some others. And we are all affected by it but at least you don't deal with the kids surrounding the area saying I can't go play I might die etc. I know my emotional level is high with this and that may be why I'm talking like this but I am not heartless and rude. I care about this little girl so much and I didn't even know her

Let it go. Seriously.

I get it isn't your intention but really it is just coming across really badly.

Just stop.
What do you care what a stranger on the Internet says.
If you care about this little girl, you'll stop.
Now.

I'm trying to be but it's driving me crazy. The one person is purpousely pointing everything I say out and saying its wrong when I never said I know this is fact. Not much is being released. But yet they want to only Blame me and call me heartless when others being more heartless and not even being guilty. Your the first to see it as it is, and it isn't only me.
I wasn't going to answer Bertnie anymore as it is really inappropriate for this this thread and more importantly, this horrific situation. As others have said, it is hard to argue when you are the only one arguing.

However, in defense, Bertnie, I would like to point out that it was not me that was pointing out who is wrong. You are the one telling everybody they are wrong. In my case, I responded to your attack yesterday by citing a reputable source, The Denver Post, that poor little Jessica was found by workers collecting trash and saw a trash bag that did not look right.

Even after citing reputable sources, you continued to argue that you knew better and that you knew what went on in the field. Accusing others of not living in Colorado because you knew better.

This is the last time I will respond to any of your posts as I am not in the habit of arguing with children and as another poster mentioned, it is just icky to argue what really happened to this poor little girl.

I am sure all of it will come out in trial. Then you can come back and say "told you so."

Until then, since I started this thread, I ask you to please stick to information that is public knowledge. Any divulging of privileged information is not cool. You do not know who is googling this thread.

I edited some of my posts awhile back as it was inappropriate conversation. Will you do the same?

Bertnie20 said:
The only thing I'm fustrated about is they keep calling me out. I'm not mad at anyone else, but one can not say I'm wrong when they don't even know. I don't even know. I could understand if I was saying I know for a fact your wrong I'm right but I've already said it was MENTIONED. When the other posted has done the same thing yet I'm being called heartless rude etc, I'm glad most of you haven't dealt with this on a personal level. This is my town as well as some others. And we are all affected by it but at least you don't deal with the kids surrounding the area saying I can't go play I might die etc. I know my emotional level is high with this and that may be why I'm talking like this but I am not heartless and rude. I care about this little girl so much and I didn't even know her

I haven't read this whole thread bc it just sickens and saddens me. But you do realize that THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU, don't you? 2 families have lost their daughters and 2 other families are going to lose their sons. Please remember that and stop whining about how frustrated YOU are.

I'm itching to call Westminster PD to let them know that someone is divulging information about the investigation.

Yes, I'm sure they would be so concerned over nutcases on a WDW message board.:rolleyes: Good lord everyone needs to STH up, ridiculous! A little girl was ripped apart by a 17 year old pyscho, that is all anyone needs to know. Tragic.

Kerrio929 said:
I haven't read this whole thread bc it just sickens and saddens me. But you do realize that THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU, don't you? 2 families have lost their daughters and 2 other families are going to lose their sons. Please remember that and stop whining about how frustrated YOU are.

Never said it was about me, I'm allowed to be fustrated when people call me heartless when they know nothing about me. I have a constant remeninder of what's happening, I work for jeffco schools, the district Jessica was in, and although I'm glad with the heightend security, it is terrifying the kids and adults. Try having a 4 yr old ask you if she was in pain when they cut her up, then 5 mins later having a child go missing because of miss communication. I have and will never forget what is going on, I am not heartless and I don't care what anyone says but I will defend myself

Thank goodness they found the guy. As I over shared previously, I live in ground zero, the subdivision where they found the backpack.

It has been unnerving having the FBI going door to door obtaining DNA samples. Having police at the school, while supposed to make us feel safe, gave us a daily reminder that a predator was out there and he had been in our neighborhood.

It was even more unnerving when it was announced that he had tried to abduct an adult first. You looked at all your neighbors differently.

Give your children a hug and if you are so inclined, pray for the Ridgeway family to find the strength to endure the upcoming months of the trial.

OT - Just putting this out there in case someone doesn't know or has forgotten. You can edit your profile so that certain poster(s) posts are blocked from your view. Go to User CP - on the left side is a list - choose "Edit Ignore List" - add the posters user name. You will never have to read anything this person posts again unless you chose to unblock them. :rolleyes1

My heart goes out to both Jessica's and Austin's parents. :sad1:

Thank goodness they found the guy. As I over shared previously, I live in ground zero, the subdivision where they found the backpack.

It has been unnerving having the FBI going door to door obtaining DNA samples. Having police at the school, while supposed to make us feel safe, gave us a daily reminder that a predator was out there and he had been in our neighborhood.

It was even more unnerving when it was announced that he had tried to abduct an adult first. You looked at all your neighbors differently.

Give your children a hug and if you are so inclined, pray for the Ridgeway family to find the strength to endure the upcoming months of the trial.

Such a sad, sad thing. It's hard to realize that there are monsters among us.

One of my nephews texted my husband last night upset because he had just found out that a man he worked with for a long time (now retired) had just been arrested for multiple counts of child rape (with pretty damning evidence to back up the charges). My nephew was sick because the guy had always seemed so normal and very nice. As a young man with children, it's shaken his world pretty severely. As someone who was molested as a child, it's something that I've always recognized. It's not always a nice world. :(

One of my nephews texted my husband last night upset because he had just found out that a man he worked with for a long time (now retired) had just been arrested for multiple counts of child rape (with pretty damning evidence to back up the charges). My nephew was sick because the guy had always seemed so normal and very nice. As a young man with children, it's shaken his world pretty severely. As someone who was molested as a child, it's something that I've always recognized. It's not always a nice world. :(

oh my dear heavens, im so sorry. Thats awful. Someone might seem so normal but behind closed doors, who knows right. :(

Was it coincidence or was it some sort of intervention?

I was just talking to my nephew this weekend, who works for Waste Management and is a friend of the guys who found Jessica.

The field where Jessica was found was not in the current search site at the time. The cops were searching more north and west.

Nephew told me that the friend's truck broke down right there at Pattridge Park. While they were waiting for a tow, they wandered through the field. They saw something strange, checked it out and it was Jessica.

In the miles and square miles of open space surrounding Jessica's home, what were the chances that a garbage truck would break down directly in front of the field where she was dumped and sanitation workers, trained in spotting unusual things would recognize something strange in the field, less than a week after she was kidnapped?

I am not a religious person, but it does make you wonder.

:grouphug:

Sigg charged as adult, faces 17 counts in Jessica Ridgeway murder case

Posted on: 10:46 am, October 30, 2012, by Will C. Holden, updated on: 01:32pm, October 30, 2012

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — The 17-year-old accused of abducting and murdering Jessica Ridgeway will be charged as an adult and will face an array of counts, including first degree murder and sexual assault on a child.

Westminster’s Austin Sigg appeared in front of a Jefferson County judge in a Golden courtroom Tuesday morning for a brief hearing, where he heard the 17 charges being filed against him.

There will be 11 in the Ridgeway case and an additional six for an attack at Ketner Lake on May 28.

The courtroom was flowing over Tuesday, with a small contingent of Sigg’s family and a larger contingent of his friends — most of them from Standley Lake High School.

FOX31′s Marika Lorraine approached two girls who said they had attended the hearing to support Sigg. The two were outside the courtroom. When asked why they were not inside, they told Lorraine “there was no more room.”

Among the sizable contingent inside the court was Sigg’s father. FOX31′s Hendrik Sybrandy said Robert Sigg sat two rows behind his son and was visibly shaking.

Ridgeway’s family showed up with more numbers for the hearing. Sybrandy said that large group was once against dressed in purple, the favorite color of the slain 10-year-old, and showed no visible emotion.

The next step in this case will be a reverse transfer request, scheduled for Nov. 27. Sybrandy explained the process of this particular court proceeding on “Colorado’s Everyday Show” shortly after the hearing concluded.

“In the old days, prosecutors would file charges against Sigg as an adult and this case would proceed straight to a district court, with the next step being an adult hearing,” Sybrandy said. “Nowadays, the defense attorneys get a chance to make an argument against Sigg being charged as an adult.

“That is what will take place at the reverse transfer request.”

Sigg charged as adult, faces 17 counts in Jessica Ridgeway murder case

Posted on: 10:46 am, October 30, 2012, by Will C. Holden, updated on: 01:32pm, October 30, 2012

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — The 17-year-old accused of abducting and murdering Jessica Ridgeway will be charged as an adult and will face an array of counts, including first degree murder and sexual assault on a child.

Westminster’s Austin Sigg appeared in front of a Jefferson County judge in a Golden courtroom Tuesday morning for a brief hearing, where he heard the 17 charges being filed against him.

There will be 11 in the Ridgeway case and an additional six for an attack at Ketner Lake on May 28.

The courtroom was flowing over Tuesday, with a small contingent of Sigg’s family and a larger contingent of his friends — most of them from Standley Lake High School.

FOX31′s Marika Lorraine approached two girls who said they had attended the hearing to support Sigg. The two were outside the courtroom. When asked why they were not inside, they told Lorraine “there was no more room.”

Among the sizable contingent inside the court was Sigg’s father. FOX31′s Hendrik Sybrandy said Robert Sigg sat two rows behind his son and was visibly shaking.

Ridgeway’s family showed up with more numbers for the hearing. Sybrandy said that large group was once against dressed in purple, the favorite color of the slain 10-year-old, and showed no visible emotion.

The next step in this case will be a reverse transfer request, scheduled for Nov. 27. Sybrandy explained the process of this particular court proceeding on “Colorado’s Everyday Show” shortly after the hearing concluded.

“In the old days, prosecutors would file charges against Sigg as an adult and this case would proceed straight to a district court, with the next step being an adult hearing,” Sybrandy said. “Nowadays, the defense attorneys get a chance to make an argument against Sigg being charged as an adult.

“That is what will take place at the reverse transfer request.”

I'm kinda sick that this kid has "friends" supporting him in court. His parents I understand but classmates?

I am shocked when I think of abductions I think of older people doing this not young people doing it. I thought for sure he would have been old but silly me that is stereotyping.

I'm kinda sick that this kid has "friends" supporting him in court. His parents I understand but classmates?
It sets a bad precedent for copycats. It has already been reported that he was a loner without many friends, often teased for his high voice.

Now he is "Mr. Popular", filling a courtroom with so-called friends? Other kids who are already on the edge of deranged might now think it might be the way to popularity.

And today was a school day. What parents allow their kids to skip school to go support a monster like him? I am a pretty liberal parent with allowing kids freedom, but I would put my parental foot down if they had the crazy idea to go support this classmate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter