Amazing Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

I'm so glad to see this year's thread up and going!:cool1: This year went by really quickly and can't believe it is almost that time again!

A little about me....I'm a SAHM to five wonderful very energetic children ages 10,8,8,5,2. Life can get very hectic, but nothing is ever boring in our household! This is my 7th year applying for the panel so I'm hoping that number is as lucky as it is supposed to be. I did make it to round 3 last year and it was a wonderful crazy ride. Yes, it is crushing to make it that far and to get the "no" phone call. I'm back and will be back until Laura just personally asks me to stop.:lmao: I cannot wait to ride this crazy ride with everyone, it's stressful, suspenseful and an absolute blast!!

For the application dates, I'm putting my money on September 10th. If I am remembering correctly, it is usually the Monday after labor day. I'll be the first to admit I have thought about my essay answers every single day of this year. At times I find myself talking aloud, just in case I get the privilege of ever getting to do that magical phone call again. My husband used to think I was just a little bit nutty, but he now knows it's a Disney thing. Slowly working my pixie dust on him, to turn him into a full fledged Disneyholic!

This is my 7th year applying for the panel so I'm hoping that number is as lucky as it is supposed to be.

Has it been so long since the first call for applications? I've applied every year, and lost count, although the total word count of all my applications is approaching NaNoWriMo territory! :rotfl2:

Hi my name's Keri and I'm a Disney addict, lol. I've applied each year too, so hoping that one of these years advances me past round 1 :) I'm a mom of 4; 2 girls, 2 boys ages 7, 5, 2, 1. DH and I each had Disney obsessiosn that was eventually passed onto our children. I can't tell you how many times Ive been to DL as we're originally form CA and even our WDW trip count has become fuzzy, but I can tell you that in the last 2 years we have made 3 trips to WDW, and 4 trips to DL. This includes camping for a month at FW :thumbsup2

I'm going on vacation Labor Day week (sadly not to WDW) so my mind will be slightly preoccupied and not checking every 30 seconds to see if there is any updates!

What is your favorite treat on a Disney vacation? I LOVE the popcorn!

Has it been so long since the first call for applications? I've applied every year, and lost count, although the total word count of all my applications is approaching NaNoWriMo territory! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: When I realized it had been seven years, I recounted and thought there is no way that number is right!

My favorite treat hands down is the ever loved Dole Whip Float, probably followed by the kakigori. I loved the Cottontop Tamarin Cupcake at Kusafiri Bakery. Okay, my sweet tooth is now officially doing it's own happy dance. Time to go raid the candy stash I've been hiding from the kids!:lmao:

I'm new to this forum but what exactly is the process to become a Disney mom? What does the application process involve? How many Disney moms are picked?

I'm new to this forum but what exactly is the process to become a Disney mom? What does the application process involve? How many Disney moms are picked?

Hi Hawatkins23... The Disney World Moms Panel is a group of moms (and a few dads and even an aunt) who help answer questions for families planning all types of Disney vacations. The panel has moms who specialize in areas like DCL, RunDisney, Disneyland Resort, WDW and more.

You can find the moms and more info over on their official site. http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/ I have asked questions before, and let me tell you, these moms are amazing.

Each year the application process involves several rounds of essays and a phone interview, but you never know when they will throw in a twist. The final number accepted each year is a mystery as well. It could be 10, or it could be 20.

Best of luck to you!!:wizard:

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all the very best of luck this year! I know a bunch of us "Moms" will be hanging out here with you, waiting to welcome you to the family!

There is not a more qualified bunch than the folks here at the DisBoards. I know we'll be meeting some of you in December!

Good luck, everyone!!

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all the very best of luck this year! I know a bunch of us "Moms" will be hanging out here with you, waiting to welcome you to the family!

There is not a more qualified bunch than the folks here at the DisBoards. I know we'll be meeting some of you in December!

Good luck, everyone!!

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com

Thank you, Anna! It's a honor to have you and other Moms hanging out with us. Let the Pixie Dust fly! pixiedust:

It's so great to see the "Moms" coming here to wish us all luck! Hopefully, the new Moms Panel will include several of us of Disers!

My favorite treat is the Jalapeno Cream Cheese Pretzel..... MMMMMM!!!

I have a question. The guidelines before said that they want you to visit Disney in the past year. My next vacation is planned for December 8. I haven't been since my honeymoon in 2007. Does this make me ineligible, or qualified since I will have been in the past year from the date that the panelists start?

Good luck, everyone!!

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com

Hi Anna!

Glad to see you here. Hoping the Pixie Dust flies my way this year! :cheer2:

I have a question. The guidelines before said that they want you to visit Disney in the past year. My next vacation is planned for December 8. I haven't been since my honeymoon in 2007. Does this make me ineligible, or qualified since I will have been in the past year from the date that the panelists start?

Hi Jenna ~ A honeymoon at WDW sounds wonderful. I know you have tons of great memories from that visit. I want to say that the time frame is from the point of the application, meaning you would have needed to visit one of the resorts from September 2011 - September 2012 to qualify for this year's panel. Having said that, take a look at the application when it opens. You never know what new twists, turns and qualifications they are looking for this time. :cheer2:

hi all
applied last year, made up to the video round. Unfortunatley I think that is the farthest I will ever get. God help me if I do get that far this year, took me FOREVER to figure out how to tape and load that up.

This year will be my first year applying! I have my fingers crossed and I feel like I should hold my breath until it's over lol. I love the thought of being able to share Disney info. with others (especially if that info. will help make things extra magical for them)!!!!!! Best of luck to all :)

Does anyone have any info. on the possible dates for the initial application process? I know September, just don't want to miss it!

Hi Jenna ~ A honeymoon at WDW sounds wonderful. I know you have tons of great memories from that visit. I want to say that the time frame is from the point of the application, meaning you would have needed to visit one of the resorts from September 2011 - September 2012 to qualify for this year's panel. Having said that, take a look at the application when it opens. You never know what new twists, turns and qualifications they are looking for this time. :cheer2:
Thanks. I'll check it out, just the same.

About the honeymoon... my husband and I were friends before we started dating. When we were in that stage where we were both feeling a little more than friendship but were unsure of whether or not we wanted to risk the friendship to try dating, he and I were talking and he told me that it had always been his dream to honeymoon at Disney World. That's when I knew that he was the one for me.:goodvibes

I really want to make it this year. I hit both coasts this year and have no Disney in the works because our money is going to something big right now... although I'm still trying to sneak ina quick 10 yr Anniversary trip this October. Shhh, don't tell my hubby !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter