Alternatives to David's for renting DVC points?

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if there are other reputable sites for renting DVC points? I tried searching here but just couldn't find anything (maybe I'm just not good at wording my searches :confused3). When I do a general online search I'm not sure which results are trustworthy, reputable places. I've never done it before and feel like a fish out of water, I always thought I knew all about planning disney trips but I now realize I just know about the way we've always done it before! I thought there was at least one other site I've seen the name of over the years, but I never payed attention because I thought we would never book that way. Well, never say never, because we're at least exploring it for an unforseen reason!

DVCRentalstore is also a good place. I worked with them, but though I didn't actually purchase (they couldn't find the dates I watned), they were awesome with communication, and their prices are pretty good.

Edit: heh, Disboards doesn't like them :D

There is a DVC rent forum on here. That is how I found the person I use on the regular now :)

In the past, I have seen a few rental listings by the company from which people purchase DVC contracts resale. I will not mention the name, but I think they might be a sponsor of one of the DVC boards here. However, this was quite a while ago and I don't know if they are still doing it.

When I do a general online search I'm not sure which results are trustworthy, reputable places.

The rule here is that you use the URL of a business you wish tonmentuin. That allows them to filter it if they've done something to irk the Dis.

Many travel agencies are allowed tonbe mentioned here, though it's owned by a travel agency. So they aren't as capricious as was suggested here.

If you list the agencies you're wondering about, then click to preview the post, you'll see if it's been x'ed out. If it has been, you know that at the very least the Dis doesn't like them. If any come through then they can be discussed. After previewing I would take out any x'ed ones and post with your question about the others.

I personally would just use davids, as I've never seen evidence of them steering people wrong.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you weren't allowed to give me alternative names to David's. we did find a different solution to renting DVC points this time, but since we will be a family of 6 once our twins turn 3 I might have to look into renting points for a 2 bedroom as one of my limited options other than booking 2 rooms. I have a couple of years to go before that happens, though.

We used DVCRentalStore. They were awesome and we will use them again for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter