Alternate podcast

Also like Netcot. Van was gone for a while, but just posted a new one. Fun to listen to.

Some of my favorite podcasts are suffering by getting too long. Much over an hour is the comfortable limit for me. There are just so many hours in the week for diferent podcasts, and still have time for work and sleep and eating!

Another good one that's not mentioned is the Meandering Mouse. The host has visited every Disney park around the world. He wears a mike while "meandering" around the parks. He recently put up a show where he was at opening day at the Monsters Inc ride in Toyko. He doesn't do a lot of shows, but they're generally pretty long. He did a couple really good shows from Disney Paris.

I listen to these in addition to the DIS Unplugged:

WDW Radio (I love Lou's in-depth presentation, especially his DSI segments. I especially love when he talks about extinct attractions. When he did the original "Journey into Imaginagion", I could picture every scene in my head as he described it. Brought back so many great memories. )

Netcot (Van is a riot. His style is definately unique. He always includes some Disney or Disney related music at the end of his show.)

Inside the Magic (Ricky has a great mix on his show and Skipper Ben provides some unique perspective as well. The "Backstage Pass" segments are also a lot of fun to listen to.)

Mouse Station (Mark and Mike are fun. Their "Ask the Kid" segments can be very enlightening. They're both very genuine guys. I had the pleasure of meeting Mark on my last trip to WDW. He's very passionate about what he does.)

I listened to WDW Today for a while, but there was just something I couldn't stomach about that podcast after awhile. Then again, I'm not a fan of the UG, so I guess that might explain it. I'll have to give them a another try one of these days. ::MinnieMo

You can't go wrong dowloading old Dis-Unplugged's with Bob "Bawb" Varley, they always makes me laugh!

For a podcast about theme parks, I enjoy is Coasterradio.com. It's not exclusively Disney but has some good content.

A Royal Carribean podcast I also enjoy is Crowncast.org. The hosts are also big Disney people.

I listen to these after my fix from "The Dis"!

The only other podcast I listen to is Mousetalgia. It is about DLR, not WDW, which is why I listen. I enjoy the Dis podcast here even though I have never been to WDW and probably won't for at least several more years. I figure by the time I go I will have absorbed enough WDW info to at least give me a head start on making my way through such a confusing sounding place. ;) If this one keeps me interested and I've never been, I just can't imagine finding a better WDW podcast than the Dis. :thumbsup2

But Mousetalgia keeps me updated on DLR which I go to more often. Also, they are entertaining and have interviews and info on Disney artists, legends, and other Disney things that would be of interest to Disney fans. You might enjoy it for a change of pace.

I listen to a few different podcasts for a variety of reasons. Lou has a show that is really well put together (WDWRadio) and he often has some great guests - recently he had a Disney historian go through One Man's Dream literally step by step and I thought it was very interesting. I don't much care for the top 10 lists and all of the only happy Disney stuff but the other shows are good. Van is a trip when he gets around to doing his shows. I listen to ITM - Ricky isn't over-the-top Disney but get some of the segments get cheesy. And as much as I think the guys over at WDW Today are very nice, they lost me when they were answering emails from listeners incorrectly. But one of the guys from WDW Today (Len Testa) was recently on as a guest to The Season Pass and I really enjoyed both shows. The Season Pass is more about theme parks in general so Disney isn't the only thing discussed. (In fact, the last epidsode was about Vegas)

In alphabetical order....:upsidedow

All About the Mouse - Bryan and Jonathan have a good chemistry. Jonathan is out right now with his new baby girl, but will hopefully be joining Bryan again soon. www.allaboutthemouse.com

Be Our Guest Podcast - Not often mentioned. I like it because it is regular people like us talking about our trips. It may not be flashy, but I have learned a lot and really enjoy listening to it. www.beourguestpodcast.com

DIS Unplugged - Of course you know about that one or you would not be here! :thumbsup2

WDW Radio - Lou Mongello. He is very good at what he does and puts a lot of time into production, etc. He also has very interesting guests. His show does go into a lot of the history of Disney - but on more of an advanced level than this newbie!

WDW Today - these are short podcasts about specific topics. They answer questions on Wednesdays. They get behind in answering the questions, but they also make sure and answer all of the questions that come in - in the hopes that the answer will help someone down the road. They are also very nice guys and make me laugh!

Mary, great list!

I also listen to Be Our Guest Podcast. They call it a trip planning podcast, but really it is mostly post-trip reports, mostly from regular people. Fun to listen to. And they sound like they are having such a good time "getting it".

Mary, great list!

I also listen to Be Our Guest Podcast. They call it a trip planning podcast, but really it is mostly post-trip reports, mostly from regular people. Fun to listen to. And they sound like they are having such a good time "getting it".

Another fan of that podcast :thumbsup2

Anyone know a good general Disney podcast that covers other Disney areas beside the parks. You know, movies, ect....Most all podcasts I've come across are mainly Disney travel/parks, which is all good, but I like hearing about other Disney news/information too.

Anyone know a good general Disney podcast that covers other Disney areas beside the parks. You know, movies, ect....Most all podcasts I've come across are mainly Disney travel/parks, which is all good, but I like hearing about other Disney news/information too.

That's a good question I would be interested in those too.

Content-wise the "Magical Definition" podcast is great at looking at the company of Disney and not just the parks.
The hosts are Jim Hill of Jimhillmedia.com and Nathan Rose (formerly of Mousetunes).

IMHO (and it's just my opinion) Jim Hill is reason enough to listen.
Nathan Rose doesn't have a podcast/radio voice (far from it) and is a bit of a know-it-all...in other words, he's NEVER wrong. :laughing:

Glad to see this thread. LOVE Disney podcasts and have tried them all. Highlight of the week is seeing the new Dis Unplugged one and if it's not up by Thursday I'm heading to the boards to see what's going on.

Like others have suggested, the only other Disney ones that I consider Must Listens are:

1) WDW TODAY - Really enjoy that it's three times a week and almost always less than 30 minutes (usually between 15-20). I listen to so many long podcasts that it is nice just to have something short, if only for a breather. Great concept shows and the interaction between the guys is second only to the Unplugged show. Lots of in-jokes, just like Unplugged, and have some very neat Disney-related guests at times. These guys have fun, and it shows.

2) INSIDE THE MAGIC - Another must listen and probably the best produced podcast of the bunch. Ricky's great at getting first person audio of a lot of neat Disney related events. Skipper Ben's fantastic and once a month Backstage Pass just blow me away.

3) NETCOT - Van is awesome. I guess I would call this the most "controversial" of the bunch, especially to anyone who can't listen to anything that doesn't portray Disney other than in the most positive light, but Van is probably the person I feel is most "like me" in the Disney podcasting world. He's fun, irreverent, loves Disney, has no problem making fun of himself,and throws in very subtle wrestling references. :) NetCot is probably the one that gets the least amount of attention and deserves a bigger audience, it's that good.

4) THE SEASON PASS - While not technically a "Disney" podcast, the guys over at Season Pass look at the theme park business in general and often at Disneyland and Disney World. I really enjoy this one because they also discuss other theme parks (Universal, Six Flags, Cedar Point) that NO ONE talks about.

5) MAGICAL DEFINITION PODCAST - Wonderful show. Outside of a "Pete Rant," Jim Hill is my favorite thing to listen to when it comes to Disney. High recommendation.

6) WDW RADIO SHOW - Just finished listening to Lou's "way back" trip to 1973 and when his show is on, there is no better for a Disney enthusiast. The negatives can be that sometimes it's a bit too long, even for me, and I'm not sure there has ever been a thing related to Disney that Lou didn't like. I say that half jokingly, but at times I think Lou is the type of guy Kevin is referring to when he makes those five star "BECAUSE OF CUSTOMER DEMAND" snide comments when Disney tries to blow smoke up our butts. Again, all that said, when Lou does something like a Disney Scene Investigation, there is no better podcast to listen to.

These are all in my weekly rotation, along with the Dis Unplugged, and get my seal of approval.

The only other podcast I listen to is Mousetalgia. It is about DLR, not WDW, which is why I listen. I enjoy the Dis podcast here even though I have never been to WDW and probably won't for at least several more years. I figure by the time I go I will have absorbed enough WDW info to at least give me a head start on making my way through such a confusing sounding place. ;) If this one keeps me interested and I've never been, I just can't imagine finding a better WDW podcast than the Dis. :thumbsup2

But Mousetalgia keeps me updated on DLR which I go to more often. Also, they are entertaining and have interviews and info on Disney artists, legends, and other Disney things that would be of interest to Disney fans. You might enjoy it for a change of pace.

I give a big vote for Moustalgia as well. It is the only other Disney related podcast I subscribe to (besides DISUnplugged of course :)) and it is quite entertaining and informative even if you have no immediate plans to go out West.

- Bill

I've seen many of my other fav's mentioned (WDW Today, Be Our Guest Podcast, WDW Radio, etc.) except one...The Character Breakfast Podcast. Very funny, check it out. There's also lots of other Disney content at http://www.srsounds.com

Thanks so much to everyone for the Netcot suggestion. I just gave it a try and Van is really good. Great voice and an interesting show. I enjoyed his take on Epic Mickey. Going to give a listen to a couple more episodes. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter