Alternate podcast

Joe in VA

Mouseketeer
Flying to WDW tomorrow at 7 AM. I always listen to the Dis Unplugged podcast wherever I'm flying. Helps cross country flights become much easier to endure.

I won't have the DIS Unplugged podcast tomorrow, but I'm hoping to find another WDW related podcast. Can anyone recommend one to download tonight?

lou Mongello has one. It's good and very professional but just a smidge too slick for my listening entertainment. I know there are others but am too lazy to bother.

Had the same problem myself. Read National Geographic. They were talking about crocodiles becoming extinct like it was a bad thing. If that interests you, pick up a copy.

Have a safe flight.

WDW Today is very entertaining with some good info as well, but you will need a lot of episodes... They are only like 15 minutes each.

There is another one called WDW Today...usually shorter and they have funny moments but not like the DIS. I've listened to Lou (WDW Radio) and I would recommend the DHS in depth interview with Jim Korkis, actually anything with Jim Korkis; he is a Disney historian and I really enjoy listening to him. I doublechecked and the podcast numbers are #117 for DHS and then he is listed as on the following ones: 140, 123 and 88. Happy listening!

I would say WDW Today also. If you want a good laugh then listen to Snack, Sip (And Sick) from 5/26/08. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

WDW Today, WDW Radio (Lou Mongello), and Mouseguest, are the three that I listen to outside of The Dis Unplugged.

Inside the Magic (ITM) is one of the better Disney Podcasts I listen to, It goes hand in hand with my DIS fix every week

You, I can agree with WDW Today, ITM and WDW Radio. Lou is a bit of "Disney can do no wrong", but its at least extremely informative and has some great guests at times.

Nothing can compare to a good Pete rant tho...

WDW Today would easily be my second choice.

WDW Radio is a quality show as well, but as doconeill pointed out, the show is recorded with a very rose-colored microphone, and I tend to find the episodes too in-depth/long to completely hold my interest. If you've got the time after listening to the DIS Unplugged and WDW Today, you may find WDW Radio worth listening to; just take it with a grain of salt.

I'll take the DIS Unplugged's unbiased, tell-it-like-it-is policy any day.

If you want to bored out of your mind laughingplace.com has one. They do have a good streaming Disney Music though.

I second Magical Definitions. Jim Hill is WONDERFUL. The Dis is still number one, but I would follow that up with Magical Definitions...and yes...ocassionally WDW Radio.

I love Van from Netcot, too. He kind of stopped recording new episodes, at least as often as he used to (I guess life gets in the way), but he's amusing, and gives an interesting spin on things. Listen to some past episodes.

I love Van from Netcot, too. He kind of stopped recording new episodes, at least as often as he used to (I guess life gets in the way), but he's amusing, and gives an interesting spin on things. Listen to some past episodes.

Mindy, do you mean real life takes precedence over podcasting?????? That is just inconceivable. I would never listen to a podcast where the people who produce put THEIR lives ahead of my listening enjoyment. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I haven't listened to a few of the ones mentioned here. I am a loyal WDW Today listener. But the ONLY podcast I will stop everything for is ......drum roll please....... The DIS Unplugged.

Of Course.

Can't wait for Wednesday. Hope Pete is feeling better. And nobody else caught the flu.

Kim

WDW Today - Mike, Mike, Matt and Len
WDW Radio - Lou Mongello
Inside the Magic - Ricky Brigante
All About the Mouse - Bryan & Jonathan

These often have very good interviews with interesting Disney people.

If I were to rate the other Disney podcasts I listen to, WDW Today would be second, followed by All About the Mouse and finally WDW Radio. I agree what others have said about Lou Mongello - while I listen every week I sometimes find myself rolling my eyes or my mind wandering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter