Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started posting my TR. You can find it here if you are interested.
I have only posted a few more pictures than the ones I did here this afternoon. I plan on getting more up in the next couple of days.

Disney2009095.jpg

Disney2009520-1.jpg

Disney2009097.jpg

Disney2009513.jpg

Disney2009514.jpg

Disney2009515.jpg

Disney2009516.jpg

Disney2009509.jpg

Disney2009510.jpg

Disney2009511.jpg

Disney2009512.jpg

Disney2009521.jpg

Sweet bounce back! If it is a possibility for us to return in less than a year I will definitely pursue one next time, thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

BTW, I think I passed you on the stairs in the GCH (I recognized Breezy). I should have stopped you, but you looked like you were on your way somewhere and I was heading the other way, and you know how it is ... I had hoped we might bump into you later at the pool. Oh well, maybe next time. You seem to becoming quite a fixture at the Poly! ;)

You should have screamed BreezysMom! I was fully expecting it at some point! I hope to meet soon..until then I will enjoy tour TR :thumbsup2

OK, I figured the bounce back offer is a full $2000 less than rack rate.:woohoo: What a great thing! We are only staying 5 nights but I am cool with that with the heat of the summer.:crazy2: DD will not miss school either!

We are also talking about Christmas at the Poly in 2010! So exciting!

I will post more pics tomorrow night!

OK, I figured the bounce back offer is a full $2000 less than rack rate.:woohoo: What a great thing! We are only staying 5 nights but I am cool with that with the heat of the summer.:crazy2: DD will not miss school either!

What a fantastic deal! I keep hoping for at least a nice PIN code or something. My sister has a 40% off for deluxe resorts and they are actually not going to use it:headache: (the crazies are considering a week laying on the beach in Cuba instead of a week laying on the beach at the Poly!)

While our tentative return date is the last week of October 2010 I would like to go during the Christmas period to enjoy a different holiday at WDW. I am lobbying for the beginning of December, although it's unlikely since DSD would miss out because she would probably be doing college exams at that point. But who knows, maybe we will cross paths yet!

I agree, Polynesian Lily. Thanks for posting them, Breezy'sMom and congratulations on scoring such a great discount. That was good of the CMs to dig to find it. I wonder if it was really a bounceback or just another code they could apply? maiapapaya, I certainly hope you can find a great discount, too.

A little off topic, but those Dooney & Bourke WDW and DL bags we were talking about are leather. I think the tote is a relative steal at $175 since other leather totes I checked on the website were in the $200 plus range. Anyway, I have one on back order and can not wait!:cool1:

That is fantastic! I might try your trick next year. I'd really like to be able to go when we don't have to worry about school. I'd even consider taking the two girls by myself (they'd be around 8 and 7 by then).

I love the poly mugs - I wish you could get those as refillable mugs in the restaurants.

Oh - and I ordered one of the D&B wristlets on Wednesday and was told it would be in around the end of the month. I got a call yesterday that it would be shipping out. :banana:

Oh - and I ordered one of the D&B wristlets on Wednesday and was told it would be in around the end of the month. I got a call yesterday that it would be shipping out. :banana:

Very cool!:cool1: I ordered one tote and one wristlet on Tues but didn't get a call. I wonder if that means only wristlets came in and they won't ship my order until both arrive?:sad1:

Very cool!:cool1: I ordered one tote and one wristlet on Tues but didn't get a call. I wonder if that means only wristlets came in and they won't ship my order until both arrive?:sad1:
That could be - the woman I talked to yesterday seemed very surprised that the wristlet came in. I was tempted by the totes, but if I bring home any more purses, my husband will stage an intervention, I think.

It's cold and windy here. Wish I were on the Poly beach. Of course, I wish that when it's warm here, too. :)

That could be - the woman I talked to yesterday seemed very surprised that the wristlet came in. I was tempted by the totes, but if I bring home any more purses, my husband will stage an intervention, I think.

It's cold and windy here. Wish I were on the Poly beach. Of course, I wish that when it's warm here, too. :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I love purses, too. The wristlet is a Christmas gift but the tote is my Christmas gift.....except I'll use it as soon as I get it!

We're cold and windy, too. Wouldn't the beach feel wonderful right now....the sounds of the ferry and the birds....ahhh!

Will you let us know when your wristlet is delivered?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I love purses, too. The wristlet is a Christmas gift but the tote is my Christmas gift.....except I'll use it as soon as I get it!

We're cold and windy, too. Wouldn't the beach feel wonderful right now....the sounds of the ferry and the birds....ahhh!

Will you let us know when your wristlet is delivered?

I will!

I used to love the cold. Probably because I grew up in a desert. Now I find myself less and less tolerant of the cold. I thought I would be miserable being in Florida at the end of September and there was only one day there where I was really unhappy (and I honestly think my daughter being in a snit the whole day had more to do with that then the temperature).

Purses are also my addiction! My DD used to make fun of my addiction until two weeks ago when she discovered Vera bradley. Now, the 31 year old who has never carried a purse in her life is broding over which piece to buy next:rotfl2: and I am loving it! She's even talking about buying the matching totes and travel pieces. i hope she does so I can borrow it:lmao: (She earns twice as much money as I do!)

From our very first stay at the Poly..it was awesome..I absolutely loved loved the hotel. Figured I would right a quick review of my experience..We didn't get a bounceback though...:sad2::sad2: I will never be able to talk DH into it without a good deal..

Anyhow we used ME and there were a ton of people there when we arrived..but they got us on and to the Poly and it didn't seem to take that long. My TA had requested Samoa with a view of the pool..it wasn't ready though....so we went to the Magic Kingdom and waited for our text. We loved the Poly....all three of my kids kept saying "wow" .

We got our text and checked into our room and again..wow. We thought it was great...Not really all that worn..Maybe the counter top was a bit worn and I noticed the top of the chair was worn..but I could have cared less! The rest of the room made me smile so big!! The view? I LOVED it ...it was a great view of the pool. We were in 3604. If you were in the Poly this week and saw a blonde lady walking around with a big old dumb smile on her face..that was me!!

Unfortunately the pool slide was being refurbished. :sad2: My kids were kind of disappointed by that. I think the note said until the end of November..but can't be sure..But they did say we were allowed to use the Grand Floridians slide..which I thought was great..We didn't go there though..My kids LOVED the pool without the slide. They just couldn't believe their eyes:eek: And to watch the fireworks and the water parade while swimming? I think they died and went to heaven!!

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE was extremely friendly. We ate at Captain cooks..which was fine. We had Ohana for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. He is my favorite so I was in heaven. First time ever eating at Ohana too....the juice...awesome..the food ..wonderful. Even the eggs were good..and really how different can eggs possibly be?

Everyone was healthy..and then the dreaded boomerang of my daughter's illness came back:mad::sad1::sad2: She missed a bit due to being sick. If your scared about catching H1N1...well don't go to Disney then...I think everyone has the darn thing. There were so many people there complaining of not feeling well. In Captain Cooks the check out lady was telling me about this family of 6 who came and all got sick as soon as they got there...They were on their second to last day of their vacation and it was the first time they were up and moving around. How horrible. So hopefully you all just throw caution to the wind and go and have a wonderful time...H1N1 is out there ..nothing you can do about it...

I think I am going to write a post trip report....just to talk about where we ate and what we thought.. And we learned a few things this time..like definitely by the hopper..By the way... it did seem like there were a lot of people there.....but we got on every ride with no more than a 5-10 minute wait.

I am a poly fan for life now..It was so wonderful..Not one of my kids wanted to come home..and usually by the end of vacation they are looking forward to it....

oh..p.s...We got a towel animal one day!!! I was so excited!! The mousekeeper made an elephant and then had my daughter's stuffed elephant resting it's head on the towel animal ..Then she put my other daughter's little stuff animals around to watch..soo cute.

From our very first stay at the Poly..it was awesome..I absolutely loved loved the hotel. Figured I would right a quick review of my experience..We didn't get a bounceback though...:sad2::sad2: I will never be able to talk DH into it without a good deal..

Anyhow we used ME and there were a ton of people there when we arrived..but they got us on and to the Poly and it didn't seem to take that long. My TA had requested Samoa with a view of the pool..it wasn't ready though....so we went to the Magic Kingdom and waited for our text. We loved the Poly....all three of my kids kept saying "wow" .

We got our text and checked into our room and again..wow. We thought it was great...Not really all that worn..Maybe the counter top was a bit worn and I noticed the top of the chair was worn..but I could have cared less! The rest of the room made me smile so big!! The view? I LOVED it ...it was a great view of the pool. We were in 3604. If you were in the Poly this week and saw a blonde lady walking around with a big old dumb smile on her face..that was me!!

Unfortunately the pool slide was being refurbished. :sad2: My kids were kind of disappointed by that. I think the note said until the end of November..but can't be sure..But they did say we were allowed to use the Grand Floridians slide..which I thought was great..We didn't go there though..My kids LOVED the pool without the slide. They just couldn't believe their eyes:eek: And to watch the fireworks and the water parade while swimming? I think they died and went to heaven!!

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE was extremely friendly. We ate at Captain cooks..which was fine. We had Ohana for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. He is my favorite so I was in heaven. First time ever eating at Ohana too....the juice...awesome..the food ..wonderful. Even the eggs were good..and really how different can eggs possibly be?

Everyone was healthy..and then the dreaded boomerang of my daughter's illness came back:mad::sad1::sad2: She missed a bit due to being sick. If your scared about catching H1N1...well don't go to Disney then...I think everyone has the darn thing. There were so many people there complaining of not feeling well. In Captain Cooks the check out lady was telling me about this family of 6 who came and all got sick as soon as they got there...They were on their second to last day of their vacation and it was the first time they were up and moving around. How horrible. So hopefully you all just throw caution to the wind and go and have a wonderful time...H1N1 is out there ..nothing you can do about it...

I think I am going to write a post trip report....just to talk about where we ate and what we thought.. And we learned a few things this time..like definitely by the hopper..By the way... it did seem like there were a lot of people there.....but we got on every ride with no more than a 5-10 minute wait.

I am a poly fan for life now..It was so wonderful..Not one of my kids wanted to come home..and usually by the end of vacation they are looking forward to it....

oh..p.s...We got a towel animal one day!!! I was so excited!! The mousekeeper made an elephant and then had my daughter's stuffed elephant resting it's head on the towel animal ..Then she put my other daughter's little stuff animals around to watch..soo cute.
Thanks for posting your review.

Sersee, Thank you for posting your review! We are headed to the Poly tomorrow, and I was worried about things looking worn from other posts. Your post made me feel a lot better. We also requested Samoa poolside.

I will!

I used to love the cold. Probably because I grew up in a desert. Now I find myself less and less tolerant of the cold. I thought I would be miserable being in Florida at the end of September and there was only one day there where I was really unhappy (and I honestly think my daughter being in a snit the whole day had more to do with that then the temperature).

I know what you mean. I grew up in So. CA and missed the cold, I thought. but every year, the cold weather, ice and snow get worse it seems. If I could retire and move to Florida today, someone would have to stay behind and pack my stuff for me:thumbsup2vco

I would love to see more pictures from those who are returning.. I am so excited but I have to wait another 4 months..

Maybe those of you who have recently been can help with these questions...

I booked this trip in January and can't believe that it's almost here. Now I have lots of last minute questions that I know you guys have the answers to.

1 -- How deep is the pool where the slide lets out?

2 -- Is channel 96 still on (with all of the old Disney cartoons)?

3 -- I requested Tokelau, first floor, lagoon corner room (yes I know, a big request). Am I more likely to get this room, or a lucky upgrade, if I check in online today? Or should I wait and talk to the CM when I get there to make sure we get a room that's close to what we want?

4 -- Do they sell children's tylenol/motrin at the hotel store? Just in case we run out while there.

I think that's it for now. Thanks for all your help! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter