Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is our room view....room 3524 Hawaii Garden View

Disney2009573.jpg

Disney2009200.jpg

Disney2009477.jpg

Disney2009476.jpg

Thank you for the pictures.. I am so excited.. I don't think I can wait until March..

I have a question about the non-balcony rooms: I saw on the first page there is a sliding glass door, does this mean that even without a balcony you can open the door and lean over the railing? is it inconvenient? I was going to request a specific location (just "close to lobby") but now I think i'd rather have the balcony!

Great pics BreezysMom. Here is the view from our room 3520. I can't believe the difference in a couple of rooms. This is the only time we had a bad view at the Poly.

IMG_0020-3.jpg

We did a Poly-GF split. Here is our view from the GF.

Picture034.jpg

As we were strolling around the Hawaii building we were talking about some of the balconies and even patios that were blocked by trees or heavy foilage. But you know some people may like that privacy?? :confused3

Not me though. Next time I am hoping to get an unobstructed view of the castle from my room ;)

I have a question about the non-balcony rooms: I saw on the first page there is a sliding glass door, does this mean that even without a balcony you can open the door and lean over the railing? is it inconvenient? I was going to request a specific location (just "close to lobby") but now I think i'd rather have the balcony!

Nicole, I have never stayed in anything but a third floor balcony room so I cannot get too specific but from what I have seen, I think I would be "annoyed" by that board and not being able to sit outside. This is just my opinion.

I did talk to one family who had a second floor room and they could have cared less. We like to sit out there is the mornings and drink our coffee and watch the resort wake up. :love:

If you want to be close to the GHC and have a balcony then put that in as your request! I have only stayed in Figi and Hawaii. Figi, in my opinion is a great GV location on either side of the building. Excellent views and close to the GCH, pool and has a nice beach on the other side that is much less occupied!

Happy planning :flower3:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DisneyPics082.jpg

Garden view from Fiji 3318.

How I miss it. Cannot WAIT to go back "home".

As we were strolling around the Hawaii building we were talking about some of the balconies and even patios that were blocked by trees or heavy foilage. But you know some people may like that privacy?? :confused3

Not me though. Next time I am hoping to get an unobstructed view of the castle from my room ;)

We have had a first floor patio view that were blocked by the foilage, but didn't mind since it was that lush tropical foilage, and it still felt like you were somewhere tropical. Plus we could walk around it and the quiet pool was right there. This was just a regular looking tree. :confused3 We didn't feel we were at the Poly at all.:sad2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DisneyPics082.jpg

Garden view from Fiji 3318.

How I miss it. Cannot WAIT to go back "home".

That is a great view. I would love to have that one.:cloud9:

Have you seen this character??? He is a nasty duck who does not like to share the food droppings on the Captain Cooks patio! He was squacking at other ducks and people one afternoon!

DH and I watched him for a good hour chasing away ducks through the window while we were sitting in the CL lounge. It was hysterical.:laughing: Some guest was throwing crumbs from their balcony (not good by the way, they should not have been doing that) and all these ducks were trying to get in on the food fest but this meanie kept chasing them away. I felt bad for the other ducks! Then a young boy tried to chase Mr. Meanie and the duck ended up chasing the boy away....it made for some great humor that afternoon!

DD and I encountered him on our last day so I took some pics and I swear he posed for me!:rotfl::rotfl:

If you are going soon, keep an eye out for the strange looking duck with a really bad attitude! :lmao:

Disney2009971.jpg

Disney2009972.jpg

OMG, we saw him!!! He actually "talks" to people with an attitude!!:rotfl:

Maxie - that view is awful. I can see why you'd be upset at that one. I'm not sure whether I'd want a patio or 3rd floor. I know I'd want a balcony or patio, though. I also like to sit and drink my coffee in the morning and relax, not worrying about being anywhere.

Wow - duck with attitude. That's funny (although I feel bad for the other ducks). We had a duck when I was a kid. He was extremely possessive of the pool and would pinch you with his bill if you went swimming.

Hi girls,

We were in 3522 while you were there Breezysmom and my parents were in 3523. Our view in 22 was gorgeous of the pool with a little of the tree on the side. We did see the big tree and I have to say that I wouldn't have been happy with that either.

Then your parents were our adjoining room neighbors! Oh how sad we did not connect! :guilty:

I say we all start planing our trips to go at the same time so we can have our own Poly FAQ meet at the Poly! :banana::banana::banana: Polyfest!

Next time I am collecting cell phone numbers or giving out mine! :headache:

I FINALLY finished my laundry :laundy: and everything is put away. I am working on my Photopass stuff and have all 1000 of my pics uploaded! Now it is time to start my TR and make some additions to our thread! If you notice the review page, I made some changes! I was impressed by my idea for that one. :idea:
Link to page is here!

I will be posting links to all the reviews so keep them coming.

Nice additions! Housekeeping did tell me that CL gets sheets changed daily while the rest of the resort is about 2-3 days unless specified. I thought that was interesting.

I was so bummed we did not meet up. I am sure we were at the CL and did not even know.

I wish I would have pressed for a bounce back. Our anniversary is in the spring and DH and I would love to go back for a couple of days early summer. I could kick myself.

Hi there . The last time we were at Poly we always seemed to miss the slide being open. What hours is it open? Thanks:)

Just got back from an amazing week at the Poly CL! What a wonderful time and place. We had the best view of the castle, and I loved just laying there at night watching the castle change colors. The people in concierge were wonderful as well. We'll definitely be going back there again!

This is something new that we got this visit. It was fairly similar to the October schedule. I am sure that during winter months some of the activities change a bit but you get the general idea :thumbsup2

poly2.jpg

poly1.jpg

Located by the pool. They are there from 12 noon to about 5pm daily. They take cash only and the charge is $2.00 per inch PLUS the cost of beads which range from $.50 to $4.00. You can pick up to 4 colors. A typical hair wrap will cost you about $20-$35 depending on the length of hair.

Disney2009875.jpg

Disney2009874.jpg

poly8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!