Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe those of you who have recently been can help with these questions...

Yes! I can.

1. The pool is about 4 ft deep where the slide lets out. My 6 yo had no trouble tippy toe-ing it to the side after he came down.

2. Channel 96 is on with the old cartoon loop. It's such a blessing esp. now they changed the Stacy show.

3. I just added those requests to my ressie over the phone with a CM. And I got mine: Fiji, marina side, patio. Beautiful!

4. I don't know about the tylenol, but maybe some one else does.

Hope that helps!
Carrie

We are planning a trip to WDW in December to stay at the poly,

This is a dream come true for the family and I cant pass it up. Got a huge discount to stay as a CM.

But since I have never been there before can someone help me determine the best room to stay in at the poly if I have garden view booked?

Thank you sooooo much!!!!

I would love to see more pictures from those who are returning.. I am so excited but I have to wait another 4 months..

I am continuing to work on my TR and am adding pictures as I go. The link is in my signature.

Thanks for the report sersee05. We're Poly lovers for life now too! My DH, who was reluctant to go on this trip now insists that we are returning next year and that he will only stay Poly, MK view. We've been ruined now for the other resorts. :rotfl:

Looking forward to your TR. Post the link when you have it up.

This is a dream come true for the family and I cant pass it up. Got a huge discount to stay as a CM.

But since I have never been there before can someone help me determine the best room to stay in at the poly if I have garden view booked?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stayed GV, 3rd floor Fiji, marina side June 2009 and loved it! We stayed on the other side of Fiji years ago, too, 1st floor. I prefer the 3rd floor myself. Loved the balcony. The Poly is the only resort we have ever stayed at and don't ever want to try another! We're hooked.

Yes! I can.

1. The pool is about 4 ft deep where the slide lets out. My 6 yo had no trouble tippy toe-ing it to the side after he came down.

2. Channel 96 is on with the old cartoon loop. It's such a blessing esp. now they changed the Stacy show.

3. I just added those requests to my ressie over the phone with a CM. And I got mine: Fiji, marina side, patio. Beautiful!

4. I don't know about the tylenol, but maybe some one else does.

Hope that helps!
Carrie

Yes, they have the usual children's meds at the GCH. If you need anything more, there is a Turner's Drugs that delivers to the resort for a minimal fee.

What are your priorities? If you give us some more information we can give you good choices for longhouses that will meet your preference. Do you want to be central to the resort, closer to the bus stop, away from the action for quiet and privacy. . .you get the idea--let us know what your priorities are and we will help. :thumbsup2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stayed GV, 3rd floor Fiji, marina side June 2009 and loved it! We stayed on the other side of Fiji years ago, too, 1st floor. I prefer the 3rd floor myself. Loved the balcony. The Poly is the only resort we have ever stayed at and don't ever want to try another! We're hooked.

Figi is a good choice with great marina views and close proximity to the Great Ceremonial House and volcano pool. If that meets your needs, a good choice! I would also agree that I would prefer a third floor vs a first in Figi.

As I said, with a bit more information, there are choices that suit most needs/wants.

Thanks for the report sersee05. We're Poly lovers for life now too! My DH, who was reluctant to go on this trip now insists that we are returning next year and that he will only stay Poly, MK view. We've been ruined now for the other resorts. :rotfl:

Looking forward to your TR. Post the link when you have it up.

Your husband sounds like mine. I suggested a garden view for our next trip because I figure we can always sit on the beach to watch fireworks. He wants the MK view. And he was disappointed in the WL when we were there last year. Well, maybe not so much disappointed in the WL, as disappointed that we didn't stay at the Poly.

What are your priorities? If you give us some more information we can give you good choices for longhouses that will meet your preference. Do you want to be central to the resort, closer to the bus stop, away from the action for quiet and privacy. . .you get the idea--let us know what your priorities are and we will help. :thumbsup2

Figi is a good choice with great marina views and close proximity to the Great Ceremonial House and volcano pool. If that meets your needs, a good choice! I would also agree that I would prefer a third floor vs a first in Figi.

As I said, with a bit more information, there are choices that suit most needs/wants.

Thank you:worship::worship::worship:

I would love to be able to see fireworks at night from the balcony but the main priorities are quiet as we can walk to the bus stops, monorail, pools, etc.... Just would love a great view ..>Thanks again for your help!

grumpyyoungguy, someone posted pictures of the view of the marina from Fiji - it was really nice. Was it breezysmom from a previous trip? I can't remember...

Thank you:worship::worship::worship:

I would love to be able to see fireworks at night from the balcony but the main priorities are quiet as we can walk to the bus stops, monorail, pools, etc.... Just would love a great view ..>Thanks again for your help!

A fireworks view with a GV is really luck of the draw. IF you can get a marina side in Figi, that would give you a fireworks view. As I said though, luck of the draw on the room side. Figi would be close to GCH and the pool, but a bit farther from the bus stop and TTC where you will want to catch the EPCOT monorail.

The most quiet area would be Tahiti or Rapa Nui, but with a GV, not much chance for a fireworks view. These are nearer the TTC, bus stop, and quiet pool.

Tokelau is central to the resort, close to the quiet pool, GCH, TTC and bus stop. You might even get lucky with a view of the fireworks, but it isn't a wonderful view.

Samoa and Nuie are between both pools, close to the pools, not far from the boat and/or bus stop. A bit father to the TTC, but not much farther than Tokelau.

If I, personally, had to choose a GV longhouse I would request Tokelau for its proximity to everything.

Hope that gives you a bit of an idea based upon your priorities. The fireworks view is really going to be your biggest issue with a GV. That said, the GV rooms can be lovely despite the lack of firework's view. Frankly, we like to be outside to view the fireworks even when we are LV in CL--but that is just us. :thumbsup2

Have you seen this character??? He is a nasty duck who does not like to share the food droppings on the Captain Cooks patio! He was squacking at other ducks and people one afternoon!

DH and I watched him for a good hour chasing away ducks through the window while we were sitting in the CL lounge. It was hysterical.:laughing: Some guest was throwing crumbs from their balcony (not good by the way, they should not have been doing that) and all these ducks were trying to get in on the food fest but this meanie kept chasing them away. I felt bad for the other ducks! Then a young boy tried to chase Mr. Meanie and the duck ended up chasing the boy away....it made for some great humor that afternoon!

DD and I encountered him on our last day so I took some pics and I swear he posed for me!:rotfl::rotfl:

If you are going soon, keep an eye out for the strange looking duck with a really bad attitude! :lmao:

Disney2009971.jpg

Disney2009972.jpg

For those going soon. Here is the sign that is right at the edge of the pool. They have a pontoon boat docked on the beach a few steps from the pool area and they will wisk you right over to the GF to use their pool and slide!

Disney2009482.jpg

The note it our room stated that it should be done by 11/20 or around then.

Yikes! The duck from H-E-double hockey sticks!!!
I "ascared" of him!
:scared1:

No doubt...he was a "nasty dude" as DD called him.

We also had a good laugh watching the lizards or whatever they are on the lounge windows. DH would say "look, it's Godzilla". It cracked us up!:rotfl: I guess you had to be there but I am also sure the Ku'ulei punch had a lot to do with our lounge fun!

Here is the one pic I have of the food offerings in the lounge. I never really had my camera with me when we went to the lounge.

Breakfast offerings
Disney2009954.jpg

Have you seen this character??? He is a nasty duck who does not like to share the food droppings on the Captain Cooks patio! He was squacking at other ducks and people one afternoon!

DH and I watched him for a good hour chasing away ducks through the window while we were sitting in the CL lounge. It was hysterical.:laughing: Some guest was throwing crumbs from their balcony (not good by the way, they should not have been doing that) and all these ducks were trying to get in on the food fest but this meanie kept chasing them away. I felt bad for the other ducks! Then a young boy tried to chase Mr. Meanie and the duck ended up chasing the boy away....it made for some great humor that afternoon!

DD and I encountered him on our last day so I took some pics and I swear he posed for me!:rotfl::rotfl:

If you are going soon, keep an eye out for the strange looking duck with a really bad attitude! :lmao:

Disney2009971.jpg

Disney2009972.jpg

Love the photos...you can see it in his eyes. Too bad he bullies other ducks but hoorah for him to teach that boy a lesson. If there is one thing that gets my goat at the Polynesian (and other WDW resorts) it is parents allowing their children to terrorize animals. :headache:

Ok, here are some pics for you all....

Disney20091037.jpg

Disney2009110.jpg

Disney2009589.jpg

Disney2009764.jpg

Disney2009836.jpg

Disney2009935.jpg

Disney2009947.jpg

Disney2009948.jpg

Disney2009979.jpg

I have more. I am going to tweak the first few info pages over the weekend. I have pics of various parts of the resort and information I need to scan and post!

Welcome Back Breezysmom... I followed you a little on twitter and was so jealous!!! :lmao:
Your pictures are awesome! I don't know how I am going to wait a year to go!!! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter