Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last bit of information......I am sure you have read about the delicious punch served in the CL lounge during evening service. I thought I would ask if they had the recipie and they did have it. I guess it is not an unusual request.

Keep in mind that the ingredient amounts are for a huge serving size so you may want to decrease the ingredients to make a smaller amount.

I am planning on serving this during the holidays this year :lovestruc

Enjoy :flower3:

poly7.jpg

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Thanks for the picture of the hair wrap station. My DD's would love that! Only issue is my 6 year olds hair is about to her booty so it'd be a bit pricey.

Maxie - that view is awful. I can see why you'd be upset at that one. I'm not sure whether I'd want a patio or 3rd floor. I know I'd want a balcony or patio, though. I also like to sit and drink my coffee in the morning and relax, not worrying about being anywhere.

Wow - duck with attitude. That's funny (although I feel bad for the other ducks). We had a duck when I was a kid. He was extremely possessive of the pool and would pinch you with his bill if you went swimming.

I think I slightly prefer the patio. It is fun to sit and have your morning coffee with the ducks that come to visit. Not the duck with attitude though.:rotfl2:

We didn't sit on the balcony this trip. The view was bad and it was also the week in Oct that was cold.

BreezysMom, Thanks for posting the recipe for the punch. We thought it was so good, but never thought to ask what was in it.

Quick question - have a 1 br. suite reserved for 3 of us, but it sleeps 5. If I call to add 2 more to the room, does anyone know if it will cost us a lot more? Have some friends interested in joining us, but we are already paying the top rate for the room. Thanks!

Quick question - have a 1 br. suite reserved for 3 of us, but it sleeps 5. If I call to add 2 more to the room, does anyone know if it will cost us a lot more? Have some friends interested in joining us, but we are already paying the top rate for the room. Thanks!

You have to pay for all adults over 2 in the room. I believe the current charge at the deluxes is $25/night, per person.

The pool slide is only open when there is a lifeguard on duty so it depends on that. When I went, it was 10 am - 8 pm.

Thanks. I think the lifegaurds had shorter hours in May. I think we went to the pool at least once befor 8 and it wasn't open.

Joining in here!! We stayed at the Poly for the first time this past May and fell in LOVE!!! We just booked our May 2010 trip and we'll be staying at the Poly again!! I thought I'd share some pics from our trip!

arriving at the Poly
028.jpg

the waterfall outside
034.jpg

the lobby
035.jpg

We had Garden View rooms in the Tokelau building (GREAT location--close to the Great Ceremonial House and the bus stop)
038.jpg

our 3rd floor room
050.jpg

051.jpg

our towel Mickey
052.jpg

the beautiful view from our room--overlooking the Quiet Pool
058.jpg

in one of the shops
061.jpg

view of the electrical parade from the Poly beach
100.jpg

view of Wishes from the Poly beach
121.jpg

O'hana
320.jpg

view from our table
322.jpg

355.jpg

setup in one of the stores
356.jpg

fountain in lobby
359.jpg

downstairs in lobby by shops
360.jpg

361.jpg

367.jpg

375.jpg

layybugmom, Thanks for posting your pics. Your DD is adorable. Congrats on booking another trip to the Poly.

BreezysMom, thank you so much for posting the schedule and Island Palm Press! This FAQ just keeps getting better and better! I love the details.

Has anyone ever requested turndown service in a non Club room? Is it complimentary? What do they do (besides the actual turning back the covers)? I know we can't do CL this next trip, and have never stayed where you can get turndown service.

BreezysMom, thank you so much for posting the schedule and Island Palm Press! This FAQ just keeps getting better and better! I love the details.

Has anyone ever requested turndown service in a non Club room? Is it complimentary? What do they do (besides the actual turning back the covers)? I know we can't do CL this next trip, and have never stayed where you can get turndown service.

Thanks for all the nice comments. :goodvibes

Yes! you can absolutely request turn down for non CL rooms. I did it for both our previous trips. I would call on the day that I wanted it when I knew we would be out in the evening nut you can call when you get there and request it to be done daily! There is no additional charge.:)

Happy Planning!:wizard:

I say we all start planing our trips to go at the same time so we can have our own Poly FAQ meet at the Poly! :banana::banana::banana: Polyfest!

Next time I am collecting cell phone numbers or giving out mine! :headache:

I FINALLY finished my laundry :laundy: and everything is put away. I am working on my Photopass stuff and have all 1000 of my pics uploaded! Now it is time to start my TR and make some additions to our thread! If you notice the review page, I made some changes! I was impressed by my idea for that one. :idea:
Link to page is here!

I will be posting links to all the reviews so keep them coming.

I'm sure we would all be happy to join you in July if you could swing that awesome bounceback for all of us! :lmao:
It would be fun though to manage to get back there again at the same time. And this time, yes, actually exchange cell numbers or pre-arrange to meet by the pool or something (and I thought we were all intelligent people here - why are we just thinking of this now?!)

BTW, feel free to use my pics from Tuvalu for your reviews.

Thanks for all the nice comments. :goodvibes

Yes! you can absolutely request turn down for non CL rooms. I did it for both our previous trips. I would call on the day that I wanted it when I knew we would be out in the evening nut you can call when you get there and request it to be done daily! There is no additional charge.:)

Happy Planning!:wizard:

Thank YOU!

What all do they do? Is it just turn down and a candy on the pillow, or more?

I was thinking of requesting this at least one night, when we'd go see Spectro and Wishes, and would be coming in late. I've got to take full advantage of these Deluxe luxuries!

Thank YOU!

What all do they do? Is it just turn down and a candy on the pillow, or more?

I was thinking of requesting this at least one night, when we'd go see Spectro and Wishes, and would be coming in late. I've got to take full advantage of these Deluxe luxuries!

They get the bed ready for you to fall into it, place a little chocolate on the bed or the side table next to the bed and dim the lights. They also empty the garbages and replace used towels with fresh ones.

If you shower in the afternoon before dinner, like we do, it is really nice to come back to a tidy room :goodvibes

Disney2009922.jpg

I'm sure we would all be happy to join you in July if you could swing that awesome bounceback for all of us! :lmao:
It would be fun though to manage to get back there again at the same time. And this time, yes, actually exchange cell numbers or pre-arrange to meet by the pool or something (and I thought we were all intelligent people here - why are we just thinking of this now?!)

BTW, feel free to use my pics from Tuvalu for your reviews.

I know I have to update the reviews page! I have to do some reviews myself and start my TR but I got over run by laundry and unpacking! I still have not gone to the grocery store yet :scared1: My family is ready to kill me. I think there may be a half rotten apple in the bowl on the counter and a gallon of milk in the fridge :lmao:

I am off to the store now. I want to start my TR but I know once I start I will not want to finish!!! It really was the best trip ever!:cool1:

I'm just starting to pack for our trip in ONE WEEK!!!! and I would like to pack lightly. That being said, is there laundry service at the Poly? I know there are washer and dryers, but can I pay to have a load of laundry done? If so, how much is it and how quickly can they have it done?

Thanks!

I'm just starting to pack for our trip in ONE WEEK!!!! and I would like to pack lightly. That being said, is there laundry service at the Poly? I know there are washer and dryers, but can I pay to have a load of laundry done? If so, how much is it and how quickly can they have it done?

Thanks!

They do but it is costly! I think it was like 4.50 for jeans...

They do have a washer and dryer. $2.00 to Wash, $2.00 to dry. It took me an hour to do two loads half way through my trip! :thumbsup2

Laundry or dry cleaning picked up in the morning will be returned by evening. I think the hours are picked up by 8, returned by 6 (might be 5). However, as BreezysMom said, it is expensive. It's per item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter