Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been already mentioned. I was wondering if anyone has booked the TPV with club level access category. Are the rooms in Tahiti and Tuvalu? It is the most expensive category, even more than LV CL? Or are they referring to TPV in the Hawaii building.:confused3 That would make 3 categories for CL.????

Sorry if this has been already mentioned. I was wondering if anyone has booked the TPV with club level access category. Are the rooms in Tahiti and Tuvalu? It is the most expensive category, even more than LV CL? Or are they referring to TPV in the Hawaii building.:confused3 That would make 3 categories for CL.????
Technically you don't make a reservation for the TPV as a Club Level reservation, because the only views available are Garden View and Lagoon View. It just so happens that the Lagoon View - Club Level rooms also come with a view of Cinderella's Castle.

Technically you don't make a reservation for the TPV as a Club Level reservation, because the only views available are Garden View and Lagoon View. It just so happens that the Lagoon View - Club Level rooms also come with a view of Cinderella's Castle.

In the past yes, that was true. But as of right now, for 2010 bookings there is a bookable category TPV with club level access...hence my question.:goodvibes

I know I have to update the reviews page! I have to do some reviews myself and start my TR but I got over run by laundry and unpacking! I still have not gone to the grocery store yet :scared1: My family is ready to kill me. I think there may be a half rotten apple in the bowl on the counter and a gallon of milk in the fridge :lmao:

I am off to the store now. I want to start my TR but I know once I start I will not want to finish!!! It really was the best trip ever!:cool1:

I am really looking forward to reading your TR. I have such a loooooooong wait until I am back at the Poly, so your TR will be much appreciated to help tide me over.

I'm just starting to pack for our trip in ONE WEEK!!!! and I would like to pack lightly. That being said, is there laundry service at the Poly? I know there are washer and dryers, but can I pay to have a load of laundry done? If so, how much is it and how quickly can they have it done?

Thanks!

If you have a car, you can drop off your laundry at a drycleaner on Apopka Vineland Rd. They have a wash and fold service that is a dollar something a pound. We take a huge bag before we go back home (hate to go home with dirty laundry) and it is no more than $20. Our laundry includes heavy jeans, sweats, etc. You drop dirty clothing off one day and pick them up the next. They are closed on Sundays. Love them. We have been using them for the last 15 years or so. Wish they had a store near my home!

I was curious about the TPV CL, too. I just called WDTC and asked. It sounds like it is still in the Hawaii building. Since it seems that people complain when they can't see the castle with lagoon view (some rooms are blocked), they are separating the blocked from the unblocked. If you look at the CL options for GF for next year, there is a TPV CL option as well. It is Disney's way of bringing in more of your dollar while ensuring that those who want a castle view will be guaranteed it. Makes sense to me. I just don't know that I can justify the extra $550 from LV to TPV for my trip next year. DD will be able to see the castle view this year. She can look at the garden next year!:lmao:

Thanks Canyon Girl.:goodvibes
I had seen the changes at GF RPC, and thought this was the same, what threw me was the term TPV with CL access. It is the way they describe the suites (Tonga) with CL access. If they were referring to just rooms in Hawaii, why not just break out the categories as GV CL, LV CL and TPV CL. ???
Enjoy your trip!

I was curious about the TPV CL, too. I just called WDTC and asked. It sounds like it is still in the Hawaii building. Since it seems that people complain when they can't see the castle with lagoon view (some rooms are blocked), they are separating the blocked from the unblocked. If you look at the CL options for GF for next year, there is a TPV CL option as well. It is Disney's way of bringing in more of your dollar while ensuring that those who want a castle view will be guaranteed it. Makes sense to me. I just don't know that I can justify the extra $550 from LV to TPV for my trip next year. DD will be able to see the castle view this year. She can look at the garden next year!:lmao:

I appreciate you calling and posting your findings.

This "TPV with CL Access" is new and no one seems to have much information. It appears that Disney has found yet another way to pry the cash from our fingers.

The price for this view, for me, is absolutely outrageous! I always felt the LV CL ($715) pricing at over $100 more p/n vs a GV CL ($570 p/n) just across the hall was ridiculous, but the $760 p/n for a "TPV w/CL Access" is beyond ridiculous. . .they are the same rooms as they have always been and the offerings in the lounge are once again being diminished while the room rates rise.

It is interesting that the new view is still in Hawaii--if that's the case, what is the point of "with CL access" as a view type. . .seems redundant since you are already housed in the CL building. :confused3

As I said, I'm sure someone will think that this latest view is "worth the money", but it isn't me. . .CL at $760 p/night (regular season) to look at Cinderella Castle is too rich for my blood. . .:confused3 I can find better ways to spend the additional $190 p/n difference and stick with GV or, :scared1:, a non-CL room and save huge $$$$.

Thanks again Canyon girl for checking on the information.

I'm just starting to pack for our trip in ONE WEEK!!!! and I would like to pack lightly. That being said, is there laundry service at the Poly? I know there are washer and dryers, but can I pay to have a load of laundry done? If so, how much is it and how quickly can they have it done?

Thanks!

I don't have a list of prices for having your laundry done, however I know when I looked into it last year, you could have bought new clothes for the price they charged! (Thinking specifically of things such as underwear, sox, etc. Didn't look any further....)
I spent a max of 1.5 hrs in the laundry (near Neverland) and for about $10 - $15 did most of our laundry and packed it all the night before our last day. It sure saved some time once we got home! It would have taken me days to get thru it at home (because I could use many washers/dryers at WDW - only have 1 of each in my basement). And I sat & read a magazine while doing so - not like at home where I'd be running up & down stairs, cleaning the house, going grocery shopping, etc. I know - I would much rather have spent the time at the pool with the rest of the family - but once I was home, I was SO glad it was done! (And all I know is that the next time we go it's hubby's turn to do the laundry before we come home!!) LOL!
Gretchen

I appreciate you calling and posting your findings.

This "TPV with CL Access" is new and no one seems to have much information. It appears that Disney has found yet another way to pry the cash from our fingers.

Thanks again Canyon girl for checking on the information.

Your welcome! The CM had not heard of it and had to call somewhere else to get the info. She made sure to tell me that this new booking category could still change. I am afraid that they will offer this category to other buildings and flood the lounge. If that happens, I don't think that CL there would be worth it. The fact that the GF offers the TPV with CL that is a little more than RPC makes me think that they are just taking the best TPV rooms in the CL buildings and offering them for more money to guarantee the view, but as the CM said, it could still change. I can't justify the extra cost either! I'm sure that there are many who can, but my wallet struggles to cover CL with discounts.

This really frosts my goat! When I made reservations for CL LV I was assured that all rooms had a theme park view! I'd like to hear more - because if WDW even THINKS I'm gonna pay those bucks to look at a tree, they're sadly mistaken!
Please keep us updated and thanks for the head's up!
Gretchen

Finally started my TR...I took about a 1000 pics this trip so it is hard to be selective!

I noticed the new booking categories when I was doing some price comparison and I do think that it is crazy! While I enjoyed CL and was envious of those with Lagoon views I still ws able to enjoy the fireworks and the fabulous view from the lounge. Dh and I had a great time sitting in front of the window and enjoying some quiet time while DD watched TV and talked to other kids.:love:

If we were not getting such a great deal for our next trip, we would be staying GVCL again!

Here are some more trips from around the resort!

The Barefoot Bar Menu

Disney2009877.jpg

Disney2009878.jpg

Captain Cooks lunch and Dinner Menu

Disney2009908.jpg

Disney2009909.jpg

thought I would share my view from Samoa 3604 since they all seem to be different:

DisneyWorld2009036.jpg

View 2:

DisneyWorld2009037.jpg

View 3:

DisneyWorld2009038.jpg

Wow, sersee05 those are some really great views! Very unique, I don't think I've seen the Samoa views before.

Here are some more trips from around the resort!

The Barefoot Bar Menu

Disney2009877.jpg

Uh-oh! I don't see my favorite drink - the X-fusion lemonade on the board!!!! It was this past April when I discovered this YUMMY drink made with vodka, x-fusion liquor, and light lemonade. It was at the Barefoot pool bar and on the sign so that's how I knew to try it. I also saw it on other dining menus around DisneyWorld. By any chance, do you know if they are still serving this drink??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter