ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

Delta Vacations still has best price on Aulani (package wise). If anyone knows anything different, please let me know. I do know a 10% discount right now with annual passport also with AAA a small discount as well!:cool1:

Delta Vacations still has best price on Aulani (package wise). If anyone knows anything different, please let me know. I do know a 10% discount right now with annual passport also with AAA a small discount as well!:cool1:

Disney Visa sent me some special offers for Aulani for specific dates. They did not last past January though and I'm going in March so it didn't help me. If you want more info, let me know - I think I kept the mail they sent!

Disney Visa sent me some special offers for Aulani for specific dates. They did not last past January though and I'm going in March so it didn't help me. If you want more info, let me know - I think I kept the mail they sent!

:thumbsup2Thx for info, but were going February 2012. I'm sure some good deals will come out for general public & annual passholders. I do appreciate the help, maybe we'll both get some really great pin code!!!!!:hug:

13 days for us too!! Advice: Really take in the resort when you are not in the parks!! I think that's part of what we love about the Poly - once you leave the parks and come back it's like your own little tropical paradise :goodvibes[/QUOTE

Are you counting the hours too? We are definitely planning on more relaxing time at the resort as opposed to other trips where we do nothing but parks. Have a great trip!

Counting days, hours, minutes :goodvibes This is trip is the first real time I've actually built in a rest day on purpose!! The morning / afternoon of Halloween party we are completely chillin at the pool. We have another day that I'm leaving open so we can go with the flow that day and do whatever everyone feels like - whether that's resort or parks. DH and I are really looking forward to this trip with the kids (their 3rd) I think more than the previous ones partly because we are now stroller free, tall enough for almost every ride (DD still falls short of the bigger thrillers) but also because we plan to do more "smelling of the roses" and just enjoy being together as a family without all the distractions of work / school / non-Disney life :)

DD (who is usually quick to tears when sad or upset) said to me that she's not even going to cry one time because Disney is supposed to be a happy place :hug:

Counting days, hours, minutes :goodvibes This is trip is the first real time I've actually built in a rest day on purpose!! The morning / afternoon of Halloween party we are completely chillin at the pool. We have another day that I'm leaving open so we can go with the flow that day and do whatever everyone feels like - whether that's resort or parks. DH and I are really looking forward to this trip with the kids (their 3rd) I think more than the previous ones partly because we are now stroller free, tall enough for almost every ride (DD still falls short of the bigger thrillers) but also because we plan to do more "smelling of the roses" and just enjoy being together as a family without all the distractions of work / school / non-Disney life :)

DD (who is usually quick to tears when sad or upset) said to me that she's not even going to cry one time because Disney is supposed to be a happy place :hug:

Last year was our first stroller free, tall enough to ride everything year, so I know how you feel! This is our 4th family trip, and we are planning almost identically! I really want to go at a slower pace, actually enjoy the resort (God knows we're paying for it!), and get wrapped up in the magic of the little things. We are also doing the Halloween party, and building in some down time around that.

I agree with DD, there's no crying in Disney!! Too cute! I cannot wait to be in the Disney bubble again, and the Polynesian Disney bubble to boot! Always nice to know there are others like me, as my coworkers think I am insane for going to the same place again and again, and knowing months in advance exactly how many days I have left. They don't get it, but we sure do!

Just had to look at my ticker. I'm already in pre-trip panic!!! I feel like there's so much to do!!!

36 days to go until our first Poly trip. Been lurking here for awhile and trying to come out a bit so I can post while there and when we return.

Today was just what I needed - our ME vouchers came and our local Menchies had Pineapple Dole Whip as a flavor! It was a Disney sort of day.:yay:

I am checking into the Polynesian GV on 9/29(22 days :cool1:) I was looking on the Disney website to see if "maybe" I would upgrade to LV or TPV, and guess what, Only GV is Left!!! I was in shock! I did check on 9/30 and saw that more rooms become available(I guess because value season is over) and even though I am not changing my dates, I was just curious as to how many of you guys will be at the polynesian including travel date 9/29(even if your checking out) Thanks!:tink:

I am checking into the Polynesian GV on 9/29(22 days :cool1:) I was looking on the Disney website to see if "maybe" I would upgrade to LV or TPV, and guess what, Only GV is Left!!! I was in shock! I did check on 9/30 and saw that more rooms become available(I guess because value season is over) and even though I am not changing my dates, I was just curious as to how many of you guys will be at the polynesian including travel date 9/29(even if your checking out) Thanks!:tink:

We get to WDW on October 1, but we check in at the Poly on October 3 (staying at WL the first two nights to try it). Maybe we'll see you there!! :banana:

Last year was our first stroller free, tall enough to ride everything year, so I know how you feel! This is our 4th family trip, and we are planning almost identically! I really want to go at a slower pace, actually enjoy the resort (God knows we're paying for it!), and get wrapped up in the magic of the little things. We are also doing the Halloween party, and building in some down time around that.

I agree with DD, there's no crying in Disney!! Too cute! I cannot wait to be in the Disney bubble again, and the Polynesian Disney bubble to boot! Always nice to know there are others like me, as my coworkers think I am insane for going to the same place again and again, and knowing months in advance exactly how many days I have left. They don't get it, but we sure do!

You are NOT alone. Everytime someone at work asks me when I'm leaving for vacation I quote them in exact days (normal people would say next weekend or in about 2 weeks) but we know we're not normal - we're better!!! We have a countdown calendar at home comprised of Mickey Heads that started on Day 97 and only 10 mickeys to go :goodvibes

Since we will be sharing the Poly in 10 days - what building did you request? we are staying CL for the first time (stayed 2 previous times in Tahiti and loved it!). What night are you doing MNSSHP? Costumed or not? We are going on the 20th - kids will be Jack Sparrow & Belle. I think DH and I are going to wear Univ. of Michigan football jerseys and be fans (I ran out of time for creativity)!! If DH decides he doesn't want to dress up I'm going to go to Target and get one of their cute $5.00 Halloween T's and the orange/black headbands I saw in the $1.00 aisle :goodvibes

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: Well it's better now then just before the trip. It started with DD15, then DD5 and now me....mine is a sinus infection and I have a wedding this weekend that I can't miss. :bride:

I'll be the one hacking in the corner.....:3dglasses

However, good new is that I got our luggage tags and I still need to pre-order our photopass. Not sure when we are going to upgrade to an AP....maybe next week. They don't go into effect until we use it on the 1st day....right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter