ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

I'm Here!!! :cool1::cool1:

What a perfect thing to wake up to on another snowy morning :thumbsup2

Great job...THANKS for all your hard work Rob :worship: The thread is awesome!

I can tell you really put a lot of work into it....you Rock Rob!

Does anyone know how much the rentals are? Pontoon boat, surrey bike etc?

Maybe this will help? :goodvibes

mikala.jpg

:idea: I should have really added that to the FAQ :rolleyes1

I think I'll go do that now... :)

Get ready.....huge whiny vent coming! :sad2:

It is snowing here again and I feel like spring is a million days away. :headache: I an going to take my snowblower and shovels and run over them :furious:

I guess I will have to wait for all the people going to come back and post reviews and pics. :worship:

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. I will not be watching the Superbowl as I am an anti packer fan but am officially rooting for the Steelers:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your work on this FAQ! I am drooling over it, and your pictures. We'll be staying at the Poly, Club Level, this October - for my 40th Birthday! What better way to celebrate a birthday than at the Polynesian??? I am so looking forward to it!

Thank you everyone for your wonderful compliments, and for making this thread such a great, peaceful little sub community! :goodvibes

Super Duper Job! Love the gratuitous pictures! That just makes it so fun. I wish I were headed to the Polynesian this summer, but we are budgeting this time and are headed to POR which I also am fond of. I may have to visit Big Nose for a kid pic and have some Tonga Toast on our last day, just for old time's sake.

Wasn't sure I was going to make it over here with all the snow outside. I persevered and trudged through the umpteen inches and have arrived no worse for wear! Looking forward to the new thread! :thumbsup2

I love this thread!!! It is definitely going to help me stay sane surviving this winter while waiting for my trip in May. You have some really great photos, too!

:surfweb:Wow, Guitarob, do you have a day job? It's the most complete info I found since I lurke on this the Board (a bit more than 2 years now.) :goodvibes I was kidding for the job, of course, but you did an incredible job!:cheer2:

:worship:1000 thanks,

:tinker:Poussière de fée!

Great thread and the pics are gorgeous!!

I'm so excited that I can now contribute to this thread! We just got back from a stay at the Poly 1/29-2/5, and LOVED it!! I had read so many mixed reviews, but FWIW, here's my take:

Check-in was a breeze. I did online check-in, and was the only person in that line, so it took just minutes.

Just after check-in, I had my first encounter with the outstanding Disney service. My DD5 decided she didn't want to sit in the car while we were unloading the bags, so she stealthily took off. When we couldn't find her, I ran back to the GCH and asked the online check-in CM if she had seen her. She remembered her name and description, and immediately called security, who tracked her down within minutes! I couldn't thank them enough for helping us resolve that very scary situation.

We let the tiki gods choose our room, and ended up in Tokelau.:worship: We paid for garden view, and what we got was a 2nd floor balcony that overlooked the foliage in the middle, the quiet pool to the left, and the lagoon to the right. We could see Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant from our balcony.

Mousekeeping was great the entire week, and the room was clean and without obvious wear and tear.

We ate at each of the restaurants, and all were very good.

Every CM was friendly to a fault, and never failed to greet us with "Aloha!".

I can't say enough good things about the Poly! Thanks for all the info this thread provides for newbies like me!!:thumbsup2

Only one more day for us. :cool1: 14 hrs till we leave for the airport. :)

Looking forward to the new thread.

That's fantastic GoGosoxTwenty05 !!! Congratulations on the less than 24 hour mark! Hope you have a fantastic time and post a trip report when you return! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter