ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

Ok, I finally took the plunge yesterday. I have never stayed on-site before at Disney but just booked a week at the Poly in late march for my wife and I! :) Looking forward to staying, though I must admit sometimes I get a bit nervous reading the tripadvisor reviews. Here's hoping for a massively magical vacation ;)

Wow - the new thread looks great! We're down to 25 more days till Club level at the Poly!! Can't wait. This is our third stay at the Poly but our first one doing club level. Have to say that I love IPO!

Wow - the new thread looks great! We're down to 25 more days till Club level at the Poly!! Can't wait. This is our third stay at the Poly but our first one doing club level. Have to say that I love IPO!

I know, they have been an amazing help for us with almost anything we needed or wanted. And always with a reply within less than an hour.

Like I have heard other people say... people report on trip advisor when they are disappointed. I have read through about 500 pages of posts on the Poly and I would say 95% are positive. Enjoy your stay!

My BF and I will be going to POLY in september with our small boys. When I invited her along, her opinion of the POLY was "eh". She was not as thrilled to the bone as I was. I got CL just for that reason alone, her "eh" is going to turn into a WOW! I just know it!:rolleyes:

Like I have heard other people say... people report on trip advisor when they are disappointed. I have read through about 500 pages of posts on the Poly and I would say 95% are positive. Enjoy your stay!

You are so right, way to see the big picture! This trip is gonna be freakin awesome! :woohoo: I Keep eyeing that Dole Whip dispenser in the pics on the front page now

I love this thread!!!

However I miss being at the Poly. (insert whine)

For those who have a trip coming up soon...have a magical time!!

Hi! I love this thread! My 2 sisters and I are going to the Poly for the first time next month. I am really excited!! Any suggestions on a room request? We won't be spending a lot of time in the parks, and are looking forward to enjoying the resort ammenities. We would like to be near the feature pool and GCH (read lounge! :rotfl2:) What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

jb

First off I love this thread.....DF and I will be staying there for our honeymoon in 13 days!!!! I purchased a theme park view room, but if I want the best room what should I ask for, and do I call the ressie number and ask them or how do I "request" a room? Also what time is the best for the Luau? Also in this thread is TTC the ticket and transfer center? OK enough of my questions!!

First off I love this thread.....DF and I will be staying there for our honeymoon in 13 days!!!! I purchased a theme park view room, but if I want the best room what should I ask for, and do I call the ressie number and ask them or how do I "request" a room? Also what time is the best for the Luau? Also in this thread is TTC the ticket and transfer center? OK enough of my questions!!

In my honest opinion, ANY Theme Park View room will have a pretty great view. But there's also the Tahiti vs. Tuvalu argument as well, with people swearing one or the other is better. Personally, I would just roll the dice and let Disney take care of the Pixie Dust, sometimes it's possible to over think things such as trying to narrow down to a specific room, and end up disappointed. :goodvibes If you've paid for TPV, you're in for a treat, no matter what room you end up in.

Now, that being said... If you really want a balcony, request a third floor room, or a first floor for a patio. I always thought that being up higher would be better, but for our last trip we ended up on the first floor, and it was just as magnificent.

The TTC is the Transportation and Ticket Center.

I hope you have a MAGICAL honeymoon! I know we did! I can't think of a better place to spend one than the Polynesian and WDW!

pixiedust:

Awesome job with the new thread!!! I really have the urge to book a Poly trip now!

Best Wishes to you both! Regarding the Luau, I hope you have already made your reservations. It's best if you call 1-407-WDW DINE to make all your reservations. That way you won't have to be disappointed when you walk up and can't get a table at that place you've been dreaming of. You can also make reservations online through the WDW website. That place will show you all the time choices available at restaurants. It's really handy!

It's found under "Where to Eat" at the top and then you choose "Make a Dining Reservation" and if you have already done all that, then great!

The ticker on my computer says 99 days, 19 hours and 57 minutes!!!!!!!!!! Just HAD to share!!!! It's snowing here in Pittsburgh (Again!) and I am Disney dreaming doing the double digit dance!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::banana:

The ticker on my computer says 99 days, 19 hours and 57 minutes!!!!!!!!!! Just HAD to share!!!! It's snowing here in Pittsburgh (Again!) and I am Disney dreaming doing the double digit dance!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::banana:

wooo hooo! I cannot wait for my double digit dance :D I hope these days fly by for you :cool1:

lol I'd be happy if it were snowing here. It has snowed for the last 3 days and is now officially too cold to snow (-15 without the windchill):rotfl:

wooo hooo! I cannot wait for my double digit dance :D I hope these days fly by for you :cool1:

lol I'd be happy if it were snowing here. It has snowed for the last 3 days and is now officially too cold to snow (-15 without the windchill):rotfl:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks. I hate to wish the time away, but this IS WDW and the Poly we're talking about here!
And I would gladly welcome a little snow rather than have it THAT darned cold. Stay warm, dreaming about Disney World!

Yeah..just wanted to post to see my ticker. At least I'm now inside the 'baby span' of nine monthsXD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter