Allternative to renting a fridge?

If you need to keep medications refridgerated they'll give you one for $0...but if you need to keep things like soda, water, wine, and beer cold....isn't it worth the$100 just not to have to worry? How much have you spent on this vacation? Is another $100 dollars really worth worrying about? Just rent it, you don't have any worrys about things going bad, sour, and you can go out for the day at the parks without thinking about what you're "coming home to".

When we went in December we took a cooler and just refilled the ice in the morning and at night. It worked fine. I recommend doing this and spending your $100 on something more exciting!

I think that it would be pretty hard to save $100 on food just by having a tiny fridge. I don't think that it would be worth it. I would just buy whatever I needed in the gift shop each morning. If you are paying for preferred, you will probably be fairly close, right?

Nuchi15697 said:
:wave: We took a cooler on wheels filled with cereal and misc. snacks. I used duct tape to keep the lid from opening and checked it in as a piece of luggage for the plane ride. My DS would get a few scoops of ice every morning before we left for the parks, when we returned to the room our beer, pop and milk was still nice and cold. For the ride home we used it for the souvies we bought. :bounce:

We are thinking about doing this. Did you duct tape it before you got to the airport? Wondering how the airport security deals with this?

Last year we flew and packed a soft sided cooler with frozen bottles of water and put the cooler in a card board box and taped it shut. We checked it in with the airlines. Since we used Magical Express they picked it up and delivered it right to our room. The water bottles kept for 4 days. Each day we would take a few out and brought them to the parks to drink in a smaller soft sided cooler, and we had cold water to drink all day at the parks. We did add ice toward the end of the trip. It worked great for us. On the way back we emptied the cooler and packed our additional souvenirs, and checked it again. :)

Good idea.

I filled a piece of luggage with waters and checked them but they didn't stay cold. Your way seems a much better solution. Thanks for posting.

kokomos said:
We are thinking about doing this. Did you duct tape it before you got to the airport? Wondering how the airport security deals with this?
We took the tape with us just in case they wanted to look in the cooler. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter