Allergic reaction to Clinique?!

Clinque dried my skin out. Happens with folks, so, you're not alone. I went to Shishedo and haven't had an issue since.

Good luck.

I didn't have a problem with Clinique, mine was Jafra. I went to a couple of the parties and told them I was very allergic and only wanted to try a small sample. You guessed it, I broke out all over. To this day the gal claims it wasn't the Jafra. Even the body lotion broke me out. I looked like I had some kind of large red welt disease!

I wanted to mention about the eyes. Nail polish can cause your eyes to break out. When I was in high school I would do my nails all the time. My eyes started to blister and peel. My DM took me to the doctor who told me it was my nail polish. I thought he was crazy, but I gave up the nail polish and my eyes clear up. Even now I will wear it for a short amount of time and I can feel my eyes start to swell and I will stop wearing it and they go back to normal. My DS is getting married in June and I have been trying to grow nice nails for the wedding so I have been using Nail Envy. They were just starting to look great, but now I have to stop wearing it because I feel my eyes swelling again.

I stopped using Clinique when I realized that they DO in fact use animal byproducts. I had asked before and was assured that they didn't, but that it was a corporate policy not to include that fact on their packaging.

Well, yes, that is a corporate policy, but they DO use animal byproducts as well. :rolleyes: I threw it all away after I read that.

I had issues with Clinique when I tried them in high school. I had to switch over to Lancome (Elizabeth Arden and Estee Lauder were no different) while in college and then over to Stila after I graduated. Lancome was good but it was so thick at times that I would feel as if I was wearing a mask and end up with acne. I'm having good luck with Stila so I'm sticking with it.

I have used Clinique for many years and love their products. Recently, I received a gift with purchace when I bought face products with SPF. My under eye area has been red, and then patchy and dry.

I wasn't sure if it was from the sample mascara, eye shadow or eye cream with SPF. I stopped using everything and my eyes cleared up.

Then I stared back with the products one by one with out any trouble. After a short time, my eyes were back to the red, itchy, inflamed problem. I'm not sure what is causing it, because one by one the products seem ok.

It might be the combination or maybe a reaction after continued use. I don't know, but I think I have to start with a whole different product line.

I'm really sad, because I have really liked their products and service.

As far as facial breakouts go, I used liquid/cream foundations for years to cover up my acne that I assumed was "normal" teenage acne. Almost a year ago, I started hearing things about mineral makeup and decided to give it a try. My skin immediately improved -- I still break out, but not nearly as badly and there's hardly any scarring left behind when they go away. Just wanted to throw mineral makeup out there as an option for women with allergies to most traditional makeups. I'd recommend avoiding ones that contain bismuth, as many people are allergic to it -- also stay away from ones with talc in them. A good mineral makeup foundation only has 3-5 ingredients. I like Meow (online only) and I've heard great things about Everyday Minerals.

I've never had a problem w/ clinique, but get me anywhere near Mary Kay, and I get itchy and blotchy just looking at it.

Of course this has gotten me plenty of pissed off friends over the years, who feel that I am just trying to avoid the parties. One friend was so pissy, that I broke down and bought a lip liner. If it had been for the hives on my upper lip, I had perfect Angelina Jolie lips.:rotfl:

I'm glad Clinique was helpful, and responded to your issues. Says a lot for the company.:thumbsup2 IMO.

I had the same problems with Mary Kay stuff - won't touch any of it!!! I've got a friend who swears by Mary Kay and thinks I'm making it up too. Whatever!!

I don't use Clinique's make up products, but I do use their cleansing products, and so far so good. Been using them for years. Hope I don't develop problems - I'm too set in my ways!! ;)

I still use Clinique cleanser and moisturizer. I tried some foundation by Estee Lauder and I was itching within a few hours. Mary Kay was awful for me. I remember going to a party a long time ago and my face was very itchy.

So any suggestions for some NATURAL light foundation or tinted moisturizers?

I still use Clinique cleanser and moisturizer. I tried some foundation by Estee Lauder and I was itching within a few hours. Mary Kay was awful for me. I remember going to a party a long time ago and my face was very itchy.

So any suggestions for some NATURAL light foundation or tinted moisturizers?

What do you mean by natural?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter