All DVC owners need to contact member services to complain about the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If BCV guests are being denied acces to SAB because it is for the exclusive use of the NBA, that is plain wrong.

That is my thoughts. We have BCV resi for Sept 4-9. Right now....i have room only....the only reason i am not canceling is because of SAB. We can just relax by the pool most of the time.

If I cant get into the parks, and I cant use SAB....that would be the final straw and I have to just cancel and bank my points for until Aug 2021.

I just need to know...and Disney is not doing very well at giving out accurate info right ow.

But the NBA is there and technically that means the hotel is open......not cool on Disney's part! Just like it is not cool on Disney's part to move people who paid nothing for a room (all stars) and give them 1 and 2 bedrooms. They should have one value and one moderate open and all those people can stay there. Read the boards for cash people. They are calling Disney back and saying they aren't happy with their original moves and getting to choose their dvc resort. WTH?!

Again, I am sorry it bothers you but if it belongs to Disney, and they want to stop us from using x, y, or z...then as long as I wasn’t still being charged, it’s not really a big deal for me.

In terms of upgrades, again, Disney owns points and can put whomever they want in the rooms they booked..just like you and I can choose our guests.

If the rooms are breakage..which all these upgrades technically could be as they happened within 60 days...then it’s part of what we all agreed to in order to help offset dues.

Like I said...none of this bothers me and if Disney closes off parts of their resorts, which are not owned by DVC, then I am okay with that. Had they tried to close of the villas, then yeah, that would be a big problem

Actually this is a very good point. The GF and Yacht club are open starting July 7th. Just because Disney kicked all their cash guests out for taller cash guests, which apparently they are allowed to do, doesn’t mean they are not open.

I don’t have the POS for either of those resorts, so I don’t know exactly what is in there that is considered a common element of the DVC contract.

If those pools are not part of it and owners only pay to use, then Disney may be within their rights to cancel use...that may be the question people who are concerned need to ask DVCM to explain.

I only have RIV POS now and since that is all DVC, it probably won’t help.

Like I said...none of this bothers me and if Disney closes off parts of their resorts, which are not owned by DVC, then I am okay with that. Had they tried to close of the villas, then yeah, that would be a big problem
I understand that it does not bother you now. But would it bother you ion 3 years if you had a reservation at the bcv and at the last minute they shut down SAB so Google could use it for a week? And all they had to do was refund a few pennies to the owners dues. I mean if an owners pays for a common area is it ok to believe that the common area will be available for use unless it is under maintenance? Remember I’m not talking about now I’m talking about setting a precedence for what they can do in the future. If you don’t like pools disregard this and insert booze I do know you like to sit out on your balcony and have a drink.:-)

I understand that it does not bother you now. But would it bother you ion 3 years if you had a reservation at the bcv and at the last minute they shut down SAB so Google could use it for a week? And all they had to do was refund a few pennies to the owners dues. I mean if an owners pays for a common area is it ok to believe that the common area will be available for use unless it is under maintenance? Remember I’m not talking about now I’m talking about setting a precedence for what they can do in the future. If you don’t like pools disregard this and insert booze I do know you like to sit out on your balcony and have a drink.:-)

Nope...not at all. If I owned BCV and know that SAB isn’t part of what I own and Disney could shut it down, then I’d be okay with it,

It is ust the way I am...I expect only what I am supposed to get and nothing more. I gave up worrying about what Disney does for cash guests, etc. when I became DVC.

If Disney changed the rules and took away a shared element from a resort I owned, and it bothered me that much, then I’d rethink whether I wanted to still own there knowing that was no longer something I got to use.

I honestly don’t think SAB is closed due to NBA...it is cost...and I am still not sure they will be using it...

Right now, the biggest thing that Disney did that I think was unfair to DVC owners was not allowing them to get 2021 tickets on June 24th and made them wait the 4 days..

Like I said, I know my thinking is probably in the minority but If I have a concern that DVCM has done something outside the terms of the contract, then they hear from me.

I don’t have the POS for either of those resorts, so I don’t know exactly what is in there that is considered a common element of the DVC contract.
Well Disney accounts are some of the best in the business at their job. You can bet they have DVC paying for as much as they legally can. They didn’t put dvc in at these deluxe resorts for nothing. They also didn’t add the 5th sleeping position in some resorts studios just to help us out. I was told that it was to increase dvc occupancy so we would have to pay a larger portion of the common area maintenance. Virtually all 1 bedrooms are rated for 5 as well even though they don’t provide a sleeping area. This info is for others as I know that you know this.

Well Disney accounts are some of the best in the business at their job. You can bet they have DVC paying for as much as they legally can. They didn’t put dvc in at these deluxe resorts for nothing. They also didn’t add the 5th sleeping position in some resorts studios just to help us out. I was told that it was to increase dvc occupancy so we would have to pay a larger portion of the common area maintenance. Virtually all 1 bedrooms are rated for 5 as well even though they don’t provide a sleeping area. This info is for others as I know that you know this.

I dont doubt it and if I owned BCV, I might be emailing DVCM to find out how the credit for SAB being closed will be calculated and if the opening of the BC quiet pool on behalf of owners was being charged differently in any way. Or, would their how be shared costs for the use of Luna Park pool at BWV.

I think part of the reason the Disney May have opened other resort feature pools instead of just the quiet ones before parks was because they were moving cash guests there...my own guess, but other than SAB and the courtyard pool, all others appear to be open.

It is ust the way I am...I expect only what I am supposed to get and nothing more. I gave up worrying about what Disney does for cash guests, etc. when I became DVC.
Sure, that has always been the way that I looked at it. We are entitled to a room, but I do take it one step further and say we are entitled to a room and anything else that our maint fees pay for. Transportation, pools, walkways, etc. If Disney wants to change that fine, just take it away before you charge me for it. That’s the way I look at it.

Sure, that has always been the way that I looked at it. We are entitled to a room, but I do take it one step further and say we are entitled to a room and anything else that our maint fees pay for. Transportation, pools, walkways, etc. If Disney wants to change that fine, just take it away before you charge me for it. That’s the way I look at it.

And I think in this case, with the shut downs, we will be seeing credits of some sort at the end of the year...they have already said that.

All DVC owners need to call DVC and complain that common areas that owners are paying for are being used by a private party. They should also email the media especially the competitors of ESPN and let them know how Disney is taking advantage of it's customers. I guarantee that dues are used to maintain the pools and some of the walkways that are behind the big blue fences. For those of you that do not know. Disney got a big score with the NBA to hold the rest of the season at WDW. They are putting up players at Coronado, the Grand Floridian, and the Yacht Club. At the GF they are installing a hideous chain link fence covered in blue tarp sectioning off everything but the DVC house and the main building. At the Y&B club they originally said that SAB would not open and many people thought that it was because it would be too expensive to open for just us DVCers. Well it looks like they are blue fencing off SAB for the NBA (hay that rhythms).

Disney has every right to monetize their hotels in any way they want, but they put DVC at the deluxe resorts for a reason. One reason was to have DVC pick up some of the tab for it's resorts. It really was a brilliant move, but now they want to keep the owners out of what they are paying for. Disney could have put the NBA at Port Orleans, the All Stars, Pop, or the Caribbean. There are no DVC there. If we let Disney take advantage of us now, they will just do it again and again in the future. A big company has a convention at the Y&B for a few days in the summer and now wants to have exclusive use of SAB, not problem we did it before just write the check and we will keep those freeloading DVC out of the pool. Think about how they tried to screw us with the new points allocation and had to walk that back. This is a dirty thing that they are doing to us. Don't think that they will not do it again, if we let them do it to us this time.

Remember that DVC is supposed to represent us, not Disney. They are supposed to have our best interest in mind. If they are not doing things with regards to WDW Parks and Resorts at an arms length then they could be in big trouble. If a third party company came to Disney and said that we want to screw over your guests and give you nothing in return is that OK? Disney would say no way what's in it for us. I don't think that DVC did this or was even informed about this.

Not a battle I feel is worth my time based on your unfounded assumptions.

So correct me if I am wrong...Disney can rent out DVC rooms for cash within 60 days and that is what is called breakage. They don't use their points for this. The first 2.5% goes back to DVC/members and anything else Disney get to keep.

If I this is true an evil movie villan might be tempted to make it so DVC members don't want to book a room so that they could goose their breakage income, all while keeping their hotels closed and making members pick up all the costs for said rooms.

Did not know this. Wow.

So correct me if I am wrong...Disney can rent out DVC rooms for cash within 60 days and that is what is called breakage. They don't use their points for this. The first 2.5% goes back to DVC/members and anything else Disney get to keep.

If I this is true an evil movie villan might be tempted to make it so DVC members don't want to book a room so that they could goose their breakage income, all while keeping their hotels closed and making members pick up all the costs for said rooms.
Hmmmm....what have they done to make DVC members cancel their reservations....oh that’s right, they won’t sell them 2020 tickets so they can come! The golden “goose“

Not a DVC owner but have it on my if I ever get a knock on the door and a big check dream list. Do not have a trip planned during anytime that either a package or even a room can be booked currently (again see the knock on the door plans).
I am looking at Storm Along Bay in 3D mode on google maps and it appears to me that there are several places that are extremely narrow where it would be impossible to have 6 ft of social distance between single people much less a parent walking with a small child in hand walking past another person going in opposit directions that are in deadend areas so the idea of just have everyone move in a single direction would not work.

I do think if that is the reason Disney needs to state something along the lines of
Due to the layout of Storm Along Bay having several areas that social distancing can not be mantained and that masks can not be worn in the water for safety reasons we are not opening. I know if I was a DVC member (which I can not do until if and when I get a knock on the door and a big check because even if we had everything paid off and money saved to purchase without a payment and had enough to easily afford annual dues I have to convience DH but if I have a check in my name with lots of zeros after it I can just say look it's not even going to be half a percent of the interest earned for length of time and this is how I am speinding my I can spend it on what I want without consulting you as long as what I spend it on is not illegal money) I would feel better about being told why things are being done and decisions are being made. Even if I didn't agree with them or had mixed feelings about it.

All DVC owners need to call DVC and complain

No... I really don't. There is a pandemic going on in case no one noticed. Although I am not a huge fan of the NBA, I am proud that Disney is able to offer this solution so that the season can be played out. That's important to many people (even if not to me). If Disney makes money off the deal, so much the better. I want Disney to be successful so there is a park for me to return to and this helps.

I only have a few caveats on that...
* They can not end up removing points from the system. If they remove points, besides being a violation of the contract, it would cause us to loose our points.
* Maintenance fees must be split properly. Or at least we can not be charged for damages which are caused by the use of our facilities.
* I would like the public to be respectful of our property and for the most part, I believe they generally are.

As long as those are adhered to, I'm good. So no, I do not NEED to call or write them at all. However, you NEED to not tell me what I need to do.

Correct. It is capped at 2.5% of the annual dues budget snd hits that mark all the time.

It has always been this way and it is obvious they aren’t taking them all because they have opened both Pop and CR starting July 10th...the bulk of moves are going there...and Ft Wilderness.. for value and moderates...

Mostly only deluxe guests being move to some DVC now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter