Alamo Minivans

izzy

“I slapped Ouiser Boudreaux”
A co-worker is leaving for WDW this Friday. There are 7 of them (3 adults and 4 kids). She had originally reserved an 8 passenger minivan through L&M, but with various codes I found her a 7 passenger minivan through Alamo for $100 less. She thinks the 7 passenger will be fine, but of course she wouldn't turn down the extra room of the 8 passenger. Alamo does have an 8 passenger one available (similar to Toyota Sienna), but it's almost $200 more than what the 7 passenger one is.

All of you Alamo minivan experts out there - does Alamo separate the minivan aisles out into 7 and 8 passenger minivans, or do they just put all of the minivans on the same aisle? I told her that it's possible that if they put all of them on the same aisle that she still be able to snag a Sienna, but that I'd check with the DIS experts first so that she doesn't get her hopes up!

When I was there last summer they had them in a separate row. I ended up with a Saturn Relay which was fine for our trip. The only thing is with 7 people's luggage make sure some of it is smaller and soft sided so it can go under the seats.

Thanks for the info! The suitcase she bought for the kids are pretty small, so I think they'll be OK.

We picked up an Alamo minivan last month, and I agree that the 8 passenger vans are separated. With Alamo, you pick the vehicle you want from the row of regular 7 passenger minivans. We were able to select a Grand Caravan which has quite a bit of luggage space. We also specifically chose a model that had a bench seat in the 2nd row (instead of 2 bucket seats). The bench seat left a lot of luggage space beside the bench by the sliding door. There was room in this space to store 2 large roller bags. With the 2 bucket seats in the 2nd row, you would not have this extra luggage storage space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!