AKV vs. CCV

Overall I think AKV makes the most sense for us to purchase.

We stayed at BRV over New Years & it was nice but I can't say that I fell in love with it like I thought I would.
We toured CCV while we were there and really really liked the new rooms. They looked much better in person than in photos.

However it comes down to cost and point charts for us.
We can buy a 160 point contract for less then a 85 point contract at CCV.

If the Wilderness Lodge had swayed us more I think we would have had more to think about.

Good choice- you can spread out in a 1 bedroom with double the points at AKV (or be responsible and save half the cost ;))

Overall I think AKV makes the most sense for us to purchase.

We stayed at BRV over New Years & it was nice but I can't say that I fell in love with it like I thought I would.
We toured CCV while we were there and really really liked the new rooms. They looked much better in person than in photos.

However it comes down to cost and point charts for us.
We can buy a 160 point contract for less then a 85 point contract at CCV.

If the Wilderness Lodge had swayed us more I think we would have had more to think about.

Are you talking about 160 points resale vs. 85 at CCV direct? I'm pretty sure that there are at least a few CCV contracts up for resale currently at a few Brokers.

Are you talking about 160 points resale vs. 85 at CCV direct? I'm pretty sure that there are at least a few CCV contracts up for resale currently at a few Brokers.

The CCV contracts that I have seen on the resale market end up being nearly as expensive as direct and sometimes even higher once closing costs and available points are factored in.

The CCV contracts that I have seen on the resale market end up being nearly as expensive as direct and sometimes even higher once closing costs and available points are factored in.

If you can wait a month or two, I have a feeling prices are going to start falling due to the large increase in Maintenace Fees and the 2020 point chart change. Seems like there are a lot of contracts up for sale right now, more so than in the previous 3 springs that I’ve been sorta watching them. Then again it is only a “feeling”, so no guarantees.

Hope things work out for you.

Also, you could throw out some really low ball offers on some contracts that you are some what interested in, and an uninformed new owner who needs to sell might bit at any offer.

it took us till our 4th DVC stay before we managed to finally stay at our home resort. My advice is, it really doesn't matter.

No you're absolutely right.

Looking closer at AKV resale I can essentially get a 160 point contract with AKV and pay possibly less then a 100 point contract at CCV.

There is just something about CCV that we really liked which had my wheels turning about it. We love the wilderness theme which is why its attracting us to it. Again we haven't stayed at Wilderness Lodge ever before and tomorrow will be our first time there.

With AKV we just love everything about it. I know some don't like it because buses are the only method of transportation and it feels "far". But honestly the monorail is falling apart as we speak and boat transportation is nice but it can be slow also. Each has its pros & cons of course.
I love AKV, just added on or in process of I should say... lower point charts as well as cost. Buses were good on our stay. we love animal kingdom and being so close to it. I just stayed at SSR and I am so glad I bought akv... at least you are close to one park.. love it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter