Airmiles Armchair Chatter

newoffer1.jpg

Top collector exclusive​

Terms + Conditions​

*This offer is exclusive, non-transferable, and is valid only for the recipient of the offer invitation. Offer available to eligible AIR MILES Gold and AIR MILES Onyx collectors who opt in by clicking on the “opt-in” button in the offer invitation from September 25, 2023 to October 8, 2023. Opt-in must occur before the eligible AIR MILES Cash redemption is made to qualify. Offer applies to AIR MILES Cash redemptions made in-store at participating AIR MILES partner locations and eVouchers redeemed online at airmiles.ca during the offer period, excluding the redemption of The Ultimate Dining Card eVouchers. This offer is limited to a maximum of three eligible AIR MILES Cash redemptions per collector. Please allow 4–6 weeks after the offer end date for the Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account.

Use the Cash Miles in your AIR MILES Cash account in-store in increments of 95 Cash Miles for every $10 towards your purchases at participating AIR MILES partner locations (gift cards and near-cash products are excluded and other exclusions may also apply) and online at airmiles.ca/cash in increments of 95 Cash Miles for every $10 worth of value from participating reward partners. Evouchers can be used at participating reward partners’ locations in Canada only. See specific evoucher reward page for details including any applicable limits and restrictions. Standard daily Cash Miles usage limits and terms and conditions apply. All rewards offered are subject to the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. For complete details, visit airmiles.ca.

Sometimes things just happen and there is nothing you can do about it..
I cashed in all my Cash Airmiles for
$200 in the dining gift cards 16% off deal..... so no cash airmiles available to me....now if they would post some of my owing (Metro) airmiles I'd be fine.
Have a great Tuesday.
Hugs Mel

Edited to add:
Got them. Just enough for a $10 redeem.

Last edited:
For those who buy at Shell, how do I use my cash miles at the pump? The storefront is a Needs, therefore Scene program so I can't use them there.

Maybe I will just have to go to Irving to use them...

For those who buy at Shell, how do I use my cash miles at the pump? The storefront is a Needs, therefore Scene program so I can't use them there.

When I pay at the pump, I swipe my payment card and choose the $ amount, then swipe my AM card and if I have cash miles it will ask how many I want to use. Then I pump the gas. I believe if you have a CAA card you would start with that then the payment, then the AM. Keep in mind if you want $50 worth of gas you need to authorize the pump for that much even if you plan to use $10 of AM cash. Don't just try and authorize for $40 or you won't get the full amount. Of course if you choose like $200 or whatever the default is then it doesn't matter :)

I don't know if the tip you got from hdrolfe will help, but I know when I asked at my local Shell/Needs (I live in Cole Harbour) the clerk said the only Shell storefront is the one on Main street by the Music store, Long & Mcquade?

I don't know if the tip you got from hdrolfe will help, but I know when I asked at my local Shell/Needs (I live in Cole Harbour) the clerk said the only Shell storefront is the one on Main street by the Music store, Long & Mcquade?
Oh I didn't know that! I wonder if we could be cashing in these Gift Cards / AM deals there?

The offer says "earn up to 20 bonus miles"...what does that mean exactly? How many do we need to redeem to earn the 20? Is it possible to only earn 10 miles? Meaning, can I just use 95 miles and earn back 20 bonus miles?

OMG I didn't even see that and it is right at the top of the page..
Thanks Heather

20 Bonus Miles
Onyx Exclusive! Get 20 Bonus Miles when you make an AIR MILES Cash redemption*
10 Bonus Miles
Gold Exclusive! Get 10 Bonus Miles when you make an AIR MILES Cash redemption.*
same lol

Well, that sucks. DH has the cash miles, but he is only Gold this year. Oh well.

Out to Metro tonight.
Now it has been a long time since I have used my cash airmiles at Metro.
I think I did it right but am wondering if I will still get a targeted offer I had.. spend $20 get 50 Airmiles.
My bill came to

SUBTOTAL $23.10

My emailed receipt says ....1 BASE AIR MILES EARNED 1

before tax and I paid $10.00 of that with Cash airmiles...do I still qualify for the 50 Airmiles?
I am pretty sure I should get 20 Airmiles for the 10 cash airmiles I spent. (Onyx).

Last edited:
this is a GREAT offer in my mind!! I still let the cost of a transaction play a large part of my decision making over which offers to use, so this is a no-brainer for us!! It's in the app and on the website, you need to opt-inView attachment 797155
I just checked and it's on mine as well. I was confused at first, one day only but ends Sept. 30th. I'm assuming it can be used any day up until Sat?
Just re-read. Looks like it is only good ON Sept. 30th.

metroflash7.jpg

Terms + Conditions​

* Get up to 350 Bonus Miles at Metro. Opt in and shop at Metro and get 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you spend $50 each day from Sept 28 until Oct 4. That's a total of 350 Bonus Miles. This offer is exclusive and non-transferable. Offer valid only from September 28 to October 4, 2023. Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario (excluding Thunder Bay). Qualifying purchase must be made in a single transaction. Excludes taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. Some restrictions apply. See in store for details. Limit of one offer per collector number per day. Offer can be used one time every day during the offer period. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

I can probably do this a few times.
Hugs Mel

View attachment 797174

Terms + Conditions​

* Get up to 350 Bonus Miles at Metro. Opt in and shop at Metro and get 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you spend $50 each day from Sept 28 until Oct 4. That's a total of 350 Bonus Miles. This offer is exclusive and non-transferable. Offer valid only from September 28 to October 4, 2023. Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario (excluding Thunder Bay). Qualifying purchase must be made in a single transaction. Excludes taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. Some restrictions apply. See in store for details. Limit of one offer per collector number per day. Offer can be used one time every day during the offer period. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

I can probably do this a few times.
Hugs Mel
Should everyone receive this offer, or only select members? (I don't see it yet)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter