Airfare to Europe Yikes!

Years ago (20+), NW Airlines had a promo of 10-15k points plus $350 for airfares to Europe. We took the youngest to London in early December to experience Christmas traditions in another culture. Those were the days. Just paid around $5k for 2 tickets to Paris in Economy Plus.

I 100% panicked when SAS sent an email about updated flight times. Turns out they changed by about 9min on our outgoing flight. I was like "awwww, that's so adorable SAS!", b/c my prior experience with AA is that they only bother to tell you like half the time for much more significant changes lol!
Once Delta emailed me with a flight change because my flight was going to be landing one minute later than it was originally scheduled for. One whole minute. I think I took longer reading the email than the additional time in the air.

I 100% panicked when SAS sent an email about updated flight times. Turns out they changed by about 9min on our outgoing flight. I was like "awwww, that's so adorable SAS!", b/c my prior experience with AA is that they only bother to tell you like half the time for much more significant changes lol!
You're lucky, SAS changed our flight from Bergen to Copenhagen to eleven hours later. We were planning on using that day to sightsee so we tried to get it adjusted. One of our tickets was via United Partners frequent flier miles and even though United got involved, SAS would not budge on that one. We had to cancel the frequent flier one and buy a new ticket. I don't tempt the Never God by saying "never" but highly unlikely that I would ever fly SAS again.

I got an email from AA because my flight is leaving 2 minutes earlier.
I've got to wonder at their algorithms, b/c they have absolutely forgotten to let me know about 2h+ flight changes!

You're lucky, SAS changed our flight from Bergen to Copenhagen to eleven hours later. We were planning on using that day to sightsee so we tried to get it adjusted. One of our tickets was via United Partners frequent flier miles and even though United got involved, SAS would not budge on that one. We had to cancel the frequent flier one and buy a new ticket. I don't tempt the Never God by saying "never" but highly unlikely that I would ever fly SAS again.
Would they not move you to a different flight b/c it was booked with miles? Or b/c it wasn't booked directly with them? Just curious, b/c we got an email with info about how to change our flights if we didn't agree with the new schedule (which was obviously not an issue for a 9min difference).

I've got to wonder at their algorithms, b/c they have absolutely forgotten to let me know about 2h+ flight changes!
Do you have the App on your phone.? The app will usually alert you.

Do you have the App on your phone.? The app will usually alert you.
I do... but it's definitely possible that I had it set not to let notifications go through at the time (this was a couple years ago).

Oh, we did, it was glorious. We did business one way and first home for 150K per person round trip, plus the tax. But I cant think of anything better than using it to lie flat for those long flights. Cape Town to London on the way home was around 12 hours.
Wait, you paid $150,000 per person for air fare (150k)? Or do you mean $15,000? or $1,500?
"K" means thousand.

I do... but it's definitely possible that I had it set not to let notifications go through at the time (this was a couple years ago).
I feel like apps have improved a lot over the last couple of years or maybe I’m just getting better at using them. I didn’t grow up with technology, but I’ve gotten pretty good at it.

Would they not move you to a different flight b/c it was booked with miles? Or b/c it wasn't booked directly with them? Just curious, b/c we got an email with info about how to change our flights if we didn't agree with the new schedule (which was obviously not an issue for a 9min difference).
It was because it was booked with frequent flier miles. The other ticket we had no problem rebooking to an earlier flight.

As others have said, the conversation had been about miles. I'm not that crazy. :)
I'm seeing some crazy expensive air fares, especially among the vloggers on YouTube, so anything is possible these days. Like $10,000 a person coach from the West Coast to Australia.

I'm seeing some crazy expensive air fares, especially among the vloggers on YouTube, so anything is possible these days. Like $10,000 a person coach from the West Coast to Australia.
Airfares have gotten crazy expensive.
I booked round trip travel on Delta to Rome in November for our 8 night Disney cruise in June to Greece. I checked the other day and our tickets would now cost 140% more than our original price! We booked Delta one and our price is now cheaper than even Delta's premium select for our flight! And neither sections are booked full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter