After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

For those concerned about the path between Norway and France not being open during the AH event, it's actually a shorter walk via Canada than it is through the countries.

View attachment 764738
It's not really so much the distance, I didn't expect the shops to be open( althoughthey could probably make money), but I thought it would be cool to walk around the countries with less people and get some photos.
I was also hoping for something besides popcorn/ice cream snacks, but I guess that's standard. I was hoping for some country specific snacks, but since they are blocking off most of world showcase... which does seem weird to me for a promoted special event.
Hopefully things will improve by August, when I have tickets. Maybe they will listen to feedback

And if Disney does have a night with terrible luck (if that's what it was,) then they should be compensating their guests. These events are waayyy to expensive to not be a decently consistent experience.

I wonder if anyone stopped at Guest Services to complain? I know I have read a few times when things were bad at MK that guests complained & asked for refunds.
I was also hoping for something besides popcorn/ice cream snacks, but I guess that's standard. I was hoping for some country specific snacks, but since they are blocking off most of world showcase... which does seem weird to me for a promoted special event.
Hopefully things will improve by August, when I have tickets. Maybe they will listen to feedback
Popcorn, ice cream treats, soda & water are all that has ever been included at After Hours events at any park. They’ve got the routine for getting them out quickly down to a T. Country specific items wouldn’t work with the quick grab & go most people want. And would cost Disney a lot more money, I’m sure. Plus, you know people would be complaining about which country was included or excluded.

I wonder if anyone stopped at Guest Services to complain? I know I have read a few times when things were bad at MK that guests complained & asked for refunds.

Popcorn, ice cream treats, soda & water are all that has ever been included at After Hours events at any park. They’ve got the routine for getting them out quickly down to a T. Country specific items wouldn’t work with the quick grab & go most people want. And would cost Disney a lot more money, I’m sure. Plus, you know people would be complaining about which country was included or excluded.
I did stop to complain on our way out. I was polite. They told me they’d submit my feedback, and that was all. I did receive a survey today and also submitted a separate email to follow-up. Not expecting anything in return, but figured it was worth the effort. To be fair, I’m planning to send a separate complimentary email about pretty much the rest of our trip, as it’s been wonderful minus last night.

I did stop to complain on our way out. I was polite. They told me they’d submit my feedback, and that was all. I did receive a survey today and also submitted a separate email to follow-up. Not expecting anything in return, but figured it was worth the effort. To be fair, I’m planning to send a separate complimentary email about pretty much the rest of our trip, as it’s been wonderful minus last night.

Thanks for answering & for giving your feedback. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure about last night, however we were at the terrible DHS AHs in Feb. I ended up emailing guest relations the following morning and I didn't get as little as a sincere response. It was just a generic sorry you were disappointed, no follow up, no questions, nothing. It really spoke volumes to me as one of the justifications I have for spending so much money at Disney is how in the past we've rarely been disappointed and when we were; we were greatly taken care of by Disney without having to ask. That business model though seems to be greatly diminished and really does make us think twice at spending money with them. For example; we'll never pay for any after hrs. event again. We had a pretty crappy experience; so much so I actually took time to give them feedback (which very rarely ever happens anywhere, especially when it's negative) and I felt they basically told me who cares, thanks for your money. Had they handled it differently we would have been open to trying a special event again, but we won't make the same mistakes twice. It also just left a really sour and sad taste in our mouths regarding Disney as a company.

I haven’t done any googling today but has anybody seen what the bloggers are saying?
The bloggers are going to say it was the best night ever .. low crowds and wait times.. free snacks and different meet and greets.. such a unique experience everyone should do it

They don’t want to be blacklisted and loose their free invites/tickets/media access to all these types of events that Disney gives them

Question for those that went to Epcot - Were you able to get your wristbands from International Gateway, or did you need to go to the front entrance

I was hoping once June started they would release more dates for HS. I’m not an epcot fan, we have tickets for Mnsshp and really want to do HS after hours.

Our after hours experience at HS was very much less than magical. True, it was raining, but that didn’t dampen our spirits. One has to expect rain in Florida. The thing that got me was that when we got to the park, there weren't any goodies offered that we could see other than popcorn. We’re not popcorn people, especially not in the rain, but If there was anything else offered like cupcakes or ice cream treats, we couldn’t find it by walking by. I suppose we could have gone door to door like trick or treaters. Nothing was obvious other than said popcorn.

Rise of the Resistance was down (or not offered?); it was the main reason we decided to try the after hours experience, so that was a bust for us.

We had a similar negative experience in 2017, but had decided to give it a second try. I was disappointed in what we experienced, and won’t try it again.

Disappointing to see so many had such a terrible time at the Epcot AH. I am going in August, planning to use the 7-9 hours to get dinner from the Food and Wine festival booths and then hitting the attractions after 9 and for the rest of the event.

I’ve always had a great time at all of the Parties and AH I’ve done in the past but they all seem to hinge on attractions remaining fully operational. Otherwise, since Disney appears to have no intention of performing any maintenance during these events, a couple breakdowns means even a small number of guests can back things up when they are being funneled to only a few attractions.

Guess I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed that I get a night when all attractions (and, specifically, both sides of Guardians) are functioning all night.

We’re attending HS AH on Wednesday 6/7 when scheduled closing time is 9pm and AH starts at 10pm. I’m grateful for the buffer but wondering if the ride queues will all be closed for a full hour between 9 and 10. If so, will there be anything to do other than Fantasmic during that hour?

Disappointing to see so many had such a terrible time at the Epcot AH. I am going in August, planning to use the 7-9 hours to get dinner from the Food and Wine festival booths and then hitting the attractions after 9 and for the rest of the event.

I’ve always had a great time at all of the Parties and AH I’ve done in the past but they all seem to hinge on attractions remaining fully operational. Otherwise, since Disney appears to have no intention of performing any maintenance during these events, a couple breakdowns means even a small number of guests can back things up when they are being funneled to only a few attractions.

Guess I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed that I get a night when all attractions (and, specifically, both sides of Guardians) are functioning all night.
One of the biggest factors is August will be weather. Afternoon/evening storms can shut down TT which will affect crowds other places.

We’re attending HS AH on Wednesday 6/7 when scheduled closing time is 9pm and AH starts at 10pm. I’m grateful for the buffer but wondering if the ride queues will all be closed for a full hour between 9 and 10. If so, will there be anything to do other than Fantasmic during that hour?
We had a 30 minute buffer and everything was up and running during that time and people with wristbands were being let in

Anybody have any luck with same day tickets for sold out dates? I've have scored tickets on sold out dates for MNSSHP before but was curious about AH events, I slept on tickets for our dates and they sold out today before I could get them..

Anybody have any luck with same day tickets for sold out dates? I've have scored tickets on sold out dates for MNSSHP before but was curious about AH events, I slept on tickets for our dates and they sold out today before I could get them..
I thought about trying when we went, as I wanted to do DHS instead of Epcot. When I called, they told me no. I thought about trying to walk up and ask, but didn’t want to commit if they couldn’t accommodate so did a full park day instead.

Wanted to follow-up and say that we did hear back from Guest Services. I typically email after every trip, including the positives and the negatives. The ONLY negative of our trip that was significant was DAH. They were very nice in the email. I didn't ask for (and didn't receive) anything, and I'm ok with that. I do know I'd never do this add-on again, or at least not at Epcot. You live and you learn.

Still dreaming of our next trip to Disney, though...

The bloggers are going to say it was the best night ever .. low crowds and wait times.. free snacks and different meet and greets.. such a unique experience everyone should do it

They don’t want to be blacklisted and loose their free invites/tickets/media access to all these types of events that Disney gives them
Actually, at least one of the bloggers have said it was a disappointment. Tom Bricker with Disney Tourist Blog reviewed it today

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts