After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

We went to AH at HS last night (6/7) and had a great time. We didn't arrive at HS until close to 9:00, which was when the park closed. We hit the ground running and basically walked on Minnie and Mickey’s Runaway Railway, Rise, and Slinky Dog all before 10:00. After that we did Rise again, smugglers Run twice, Minnie and Mickey’s RR, and a marathon on Toy Story MM. On Toy Story CM let us stay on and ride again because no one was in line waiting. We ended the night jumping in line for Slinky right before 1:00.

Slinky and Runaway Railway were down for a short time late in the evening but came back up pretty quickly.

It was a great evening, I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.

So glad to hear good reports about the summertime DHS AHs! We will be attending next week. Sounds like RnRC wasn’t open for AH? I meant to check the app last night but forgot. It’s been open usually when I have checked during daytime the past few days so I was hopeful.

Also had a great time at AH at DHS this week. We had done the afternoon at Epcot and stacked a few LL for studios to use starting at 7pm but didn’t really need them. By 9pm most things were a walk on or maybe 15 minutes at most. Were able to do everything we wanted by about 11:45 pm and were too tired to last much longer! I’m sure it’s been said before but if one snack cart has a long line, just wait a few minutes or move to the next one. There were 2 in Toy Story land and everyone coming off of Slinky stopped at one and created a big line but just around the corner was another with no line. We’d definitely do it again but avoid going to another park that day. It was a short trip so we’re trying to pack in the rides that were new to us (Guardians, Remy).

Going to Disney next week for a big Wrestling Tournament, and thinking about getting DAH passes for Epcot. Won't have any other Park Tix the rest of the week due to the tournament, so thought about heading over to the After-Hours event, but have a couple questions:

1. What time to they actually let you scan-in? Can we arrive an hour early (since we don't have Park Tix)?
2. Is GoG still VQ, or is it stand-by only, since it is a ticketed event?
3. Are there a decent amount of Food Booths open? We were there last month, and Deluxe Hours had VERY few booths open during that time

Going to Disney next week for a big Wrestling Tournament, and thinking about getting DAH passes for Epcot. Won't have any other Park Tix the rest of the week due to the tournament, so thought about heading over to the After-Hours event, but have a couple questions:

1. What time to they actually let you scan-in? Can we arrive an hour early (since we don't have Park Tix)?
2. Is GoG still VQ, or is it stand-by only, since it is a ticketed event?
3. Are there a decent amount of Food Booths open? We were there last month, and Deluxe Hours had VERY few booths open during that time

We haven’t been to Epcot DAH, but have been to them at MK several times. You can get in at 7, maybe a few minutes before. From what I’ve read, GoG is stand by. And no food booths or real dining options after regular park closing. You do get popcorn, ice cream novelties, water & bottles sodas included.

We haven’t been to Epcot DAH, but have been to them at MK several times. You can get in at 7, maybe a few minutes before. From what I’ve read, GoG is stand by. And no food booths or real dining options after regular park closing. You do get popcorn, ice cream novelties, water & bottles sodas included.
Wow...didn't realize you can get in that early? Might be worth it then.

I went to the first one and that one was NOT worth it. There are a couple of reviews in this thread of the experience so you know what you'd be getting into. Maybe they'll have it worked out if you go. I would just be cautious.
Yeah, I read some of those comments. Makes me nervous--BUT could also be an indicator that corrections will be made, and the next one be much better.

I seemed guests that didn't go to GotG until close to the end of the party were able to experience quite a bit more than others as that seems to be the attraction that will take the most time. Saw another poster (who arrived at 7PM) and was able to do 10/11 attractions (only skipped Remy) by doing everything else first then GotG last. They also said they could probably have added Remy at the end of the night but were just too tired to walk back to it and then back to the front of the park afterwards.

YMMV but it seems with Epcot, the order you choose can make a big difference.

Reactions: rlk
I seemed guests that didn't go to GotG until close to the end of the party were able to experience quite a bit more than others as that seems to be the attraction that will take the most time. Saw another poster (who arrived at 7PM) and was able to do 10/11 attractions (only skipped Remy) by doing everything else first then GotG last. They also said they could probably have added Remy at the end of the night but were just too tired to walk back to it and then back to the front of the park afterwards.

YMMV but it seems with Epcot, the order you choose can make a big difference.
Our goal was to do 2 specific attractions that we had never ridden (Remy and Guardians) vs maximizing the number of rides, but we definitely could have done a lot more if it had been a priority. We chose to eat some of the festival food and watch the fireworks and also did Guardians twice during the event - we could have used that time to do a lot more attractions if we had wanted. One thing that really worked for us was doing Remy as soon as we got into the park around 7:00p. We did wait for around 50 minutes for it but the wait during the event was long too, so getting it done during regular park hours freed up time during the after hours. I know the reviews have been overwhelmingly negative but despite some frustrations with park entry logistics and them only opening one side for Guardians, we had a great time.

We are going to next week’s after hours at studios. As preparation, I have been checking the app starting at 7 tonight because I wanted to get a sense for how long waits were. It is now 9;35 so the park is technically closed but the event doesnt start for a bit. Looking at wait times on the app, it just says that the standby line is available now but does not list any wait times. I am assuming that at 10 pm they will start posting wait times again. My question is, when you are at the park during the in-between time, is the only way to know what a wait time is is to go to the ride and see if the time is physically posted outside the ride?

We are going to next week’s after hours at studios. As preparation, I have been checking the app starting at 7 tonight because I wanted to get a sense for how long waits were. It is now 9;35 so the park is technically closed but the event doesnt start for a bit. Looking at wait times on the app, it just says that the standby line is available now but does not list any wait times. I am assuming that at 10 pm they will start posting wait times again. My question is, when you are at the park during the in-between time, is the only way to know what a wait time is is to go to the ride and see if the time is physically posted outside the ride?
Yes I was at DHS AH last week and had to walk up to the rides between 9-10om to see wait times and I’d say they were either not posted or not accurate (overstated). I asked the cast member outside Slinky how long she had estimated and she said 25 minutes but it was only about 15. I think Rise was posted at 40 but it was basically a walk on. I’m thinking 40 min is what they has still posted from park closing time. They did start updating the app at 10pm.

I know that this has been discussed upthread, but I can't seem to discern a clear answer.

Let's say that I have a DAH ticket, but not a park ticket for the After Hours event day. In my case, it would be my arrival day, and I wouldn't intend to start using my park tickets until the next day. I do not have an annual pass.

(1) Can I still purchase an Individual Lightning Lane to use during the window in which After Hours guests are allowed early entry into the park?

(2) Can I also purchase Genie+ and stack lightning lanes throughout the day, to be used during that window? (Even though I wouldn't have a park reservation for the park on that day, just a DAH ticket.)

Thanks for any clarity you can provide!

I know that this has been discussed upthread, but I can't seem to discern a clear answer.

Let's say that I have a DAH ticket, but not a park ticket for the After Hours event day. In my case, it would be my arrival day, and I wouldn't intend to start using my park tickets until the next day. I do not have an annual pass.

(1) Can I still purchase an Individual Lightning Lane to use during the window in which After Hours guests are allowed early entry into the park?

(2) Can I also purchase Genie+ and stack lightning lanes throughout the day, to be used during that window? (Even though I wouldn't have a park reservation for the park on that day, just a DAH ticket.)

Thanks for any clarity you can provide!
Yes to both. You can use them through regular park close no matter when they allow event guests in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter