After HDDR, fireworks?

ThwTwinsMom

Mouseketeer
Howdy! We will be at the 5:00 pm HDDR show. WDW-DINE says it will be over around 6:30 pm. I've seen some wonderful posts from people who took a hayride afterward, watched the fireworks or did the sing-a-long. I'm wondering which options are available to me, given our showtime. The MK fireworks are supposed to start at 7:00 pm that night. Is it a good view from FW? Do the sing-a-long or hayrides start that early?

Any recommendations? (It will be my sons' 8th birthday that day, so I want to gear it towards them.)

Thanks in advance!

Well, The sing-a-long starts at 7pm with the move starting at 7:40pm.

The Hay Ride (or wagon ride depends on who you talk to) is at 7:00pm there is a little spot by Pioneer Hall that they pick up (next to the DVC desk) it is a first come first serve and cost is $8.00 for adults, $4.00 children 3-9 (I believe it is cash only)

You could also do the Carriage ride if you want a little more "Family" time. They are horse Drawn Carriages (like you see in the movies) they can take up to 4 adults (or 2adults and 3 small children) Those can be reserved by calling 407-WDW-Play and run between 6pm and 9:30pm. The ride is $30 for a 30 minute ride (that one picks up in front of Crockets Tavern (on the other side of Pioneer hall.

If you just want to watch the fireworks they can be seen very well from the beach area (just walk out of Pioneer hall and go to the left you will find the beach to the left of the Mercantile). If you bring a flash light and want to take a short hike... When you get to the beach while facing the water turn to your right and start walking at the very end of the beach and over a small bridge there is a little building (it almost looks like it used to be used for smoe type of show) it looks like a small log cabin and is right along the water, there are rocking chairs under the porch and a picnic table (last time I was there). HUbby and I like to watch the fireworks from there. Little known spot and a great view.

Whatever you decide have fun...and Happy Birthday wishes to your son :)

Thanks LibertyBelle! I'm constantly amazed by the level of information people on this board can give me! :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter