Afraid I won’t enjoy cruise

I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy it. Had never appealed to me. But everyone we knew loved it, so I wanted to give it a try. I also like the parks, being on the go, doing active vacations. I can relax for about an hour or two and then I'm done with that. We tried the 4 night, and honestly we didn't really enjoy it as much as I had hoped. The first two days were good, but then the kids didn't want to be in the kids club, didn't want to meet more characters, didn't want to do anything but fight in the room, and I was bored. (I am not really into shows, nightclub, trivia games, etc). Plus we just kept eating. It was kind of a sigh of relief when we got off at the end.

Strangely, I feel drawn to give it another try, but DH thinks that's crazy. The kids really want to do it again too. I have no idea why I want to try again.

I did enjoy Castaway Cay. We walked around Nassau briefly but didn't have an excursion planned. I felt like there would be enough on the boat that we should just enjoy that. This was a mistake. If I do it again I would definitely plan excursions in all ports. And bring more books and get it in my mind that I'm going to force myself to relax and be bored. We also boarded as early as we could, which meant there was a big crowd of people and lots of lines at the port. I wanted to get onboard as soon as possible to maximize our time. This was also a mistake as the crowds really bothered DH. If I did it again I would try not to get there until 1-2pm. Also I had picked the early dining time as I was worried the late would be too late. However this made me feel like as soon as we were done with one meal we were getting ready for the next. I would definitely take late dining if trying again. Also, I didn't get seasickness, but I do think I had a touch going on just when I would lie down. It made me feel just a bit dizzy. It wasn't bad, but it was enough that I didn't get great rest. Trying again, I would take a dramamine every evening.

Our twins have some challenges and can NOT handle Disneyland at all...or any other theme park for that matter. So the cruise was the perfect option for us. All 4 of or kids have hated the kids club every cruise, however they Love all the other activities, waterside, chicken strips, pools, chicken strips, hot tubs, chicken strips, movie theater, chicken strips.....well you get the idea but their favorite time is snuggling up by the pool and watching the jumbo-tron or sitting on the verandah with me just quietly taking.

Because of their challenges they are like a category 5 hurricane 24/7 so to be able to just have special non contestant busyness quality time to where you're not being pulled in every direction (ride to ride) is worth the cruise over park vacation anytime IMHO :daisy:

Or... you can do what we are doing and visiting Magic Kingdom the day before the cruise. I am a parks junkie and am hoping that should satisfy my craving for the rides while allowing my husband to get a "down time" vacation on the ship.

Or... you can do what we are doing and visiting Magic Kingdom the day before the cruise. I am a parks junkie and am hoping that should satisfy my craving for the rides while allowing my husband to get a "down time" vacation on the ship.
We do this too but visit MK after the cruise. This past August we went to AK to experience Pandora before our 7 night cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter