Status
Not open for further replies.
I just look at how much progress has been made in the last 6 months, and with nine months left in the year I don't consider it to be a stretch to see it completed. Those stations will be finished by end of August. At which point, it becomes "how complex is it to hang the cables?"
We might see cars arrive by the end of the year but I don't see this being fully operational by the end of the year.

It must be me but what on earth is going on with Toy Story land? This doesnt look like this is a land that will open in 3 months.

I can only assume that they are still working on the technical stuff and then they will throw and army of people at it to complete all the theming.

Skyliner looks on or ahead of schedule. The route between POP/AoA and CBR is practically complete.

I wonder if this will be online by end of 2018...

The towers are up, but that is easy, so it's not surprising we are seeing those go up so quickly. They still have to do the towers in the lake which are a lot harder and the stations still have a long way to go. Definitely don't see this being done by the end of the year.

It must be me but what on earth is going on with Toy Story land? This doesnt look like this is a land that will open in 3 months.

I can only assume that they are still working on the technical stuff and then they will throw and army of people at it to complete all the theming.

It doesn't do it?! While I'm not in the construction arena (I do demolition :)), TSL just looks too far unfinished to be ready in 3 months. However Disney must feel confident it will be ready as they not only gave a month, but a specific date when it will open!

But I love seeing these progress photos!

Why does the Slinky Dog ride need such a large off-line storage area for cars? It certainly much larger than I have ever seen for a roller coaster before.
It doesn't seem that large to me. It's basically a three car garage.

This update after seeing the video for Shanghai make me glad they put off the Memorial Day opening that was speculated as the target. They need everyone of those days left it seems.

Just tar as the TSL entrance? Is there more to that entrance coming maybe?

I suppose a sign at least.

ETA: I guess they are working on that left side in the pic.

Just tar as the TSL entrance? Is there more to that entrance coming maybe?

I suppose a sign at least.

ETA: I guess they are working on that left side in the pic.
A Woody Statue will be added welcoming you into the land as well.

A Woody Statue will be added welcoming you into the land as well.
uber-in-las-vegas.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter