Adventure Insider Surprise in Mail!!

We have not received anything yet. Were we supposed to do something upon the return from our first trip to become insiders?

Hilary

You need to specifically sign up to be an Insider! Usually your ABD guide will tell you how to do that - I believe we did it online. :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

What!? I thought you had to take a certain amount of trips and then you were automatically enrolled. So so happy to be able to sign up with just one trip. Thanks for the link. Signed up immediately! I can't recall getting this info on my trip, but I'm glad I have it now. Hoping I get this gift and the chance to sign up early for Spain. I may have to cancel my Ireland ABD for it, but oh well.

You need to specifically sign up to be an Insider! Usually your ABD guide will tell you how to do that - I believe we did it online. :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That is incorrect, you are supposed to be automatically enroled after your first trip and the sign up site is just a backup

That is incorrect, you are supposed to be automatically enroled after your first trip and the sign up site is just a backup
That was the situation when we took our first trip. Maybe it has changed, but we had to be the ones to sign up ourselves. "SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That was the situation when we took our first trip. Maybe it has changed, but we had to be the ones to sign up ourselves. "SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

no it never was i never signed up and i received the gifts

My trip was 2013. Never signed up and haven't received anything, but was under the impression that multiple trips were needed for receiving gifts.

I signed up anyway.

Thank you for the link. I just signed up. I am guessing we will probably miss out on whatever this gift is, but we will be ready for the future.

HS

That's interesting, I've never heard anyone mention being signed up automatically before. It was always presented to me as something you had to actually physically sign up for (after you had taken at least one ABD). Many people had to sign up twice as it didn't seem to "take" at first.

The Insider program is not run by ABD. There's an outside company that runs it.

Whether you have to physically be signed up as an insider to book on December 9th, or would be allowed to book if you're a Returning customer, I don't know. I may have to ask ABD!

Sayhello

no it never was i never signed up and i received the gifts
Tozzie, you're the first person I've heard say they were automatically signed up. Everyone else said they signed up & got it, and some of us had to sign up twice to start receiving gifts. It was definitely presented when it first came out as something you had to sign up for. There was a lot of discussion around this when the first group reported getting a gift from Insiders, and several people never got it.

That's great that it worked for you, but our guides specifically told us to sign up ourselves. :-)

"SingingMom"
I was also told it was something you had to sign up for.

If that's changed, and it's automatic, that's nice, but I've never seen anything stating that. But it also seems some people aren't being signed up automatically.

Sayhello

I know that I wasn't told to sign up by ABD; my travel agent actually said it was automatic. And she also said after a certain amount of trips you'd start recieving gifts.

If this program is not run by ABD, however, it makes total sense that you'd need to sign up. I'm kicking myself for not asking ABD.

I believe that the Adventure Insider program is now automatic.

You were required to sign up initially.

If you have booked through an agency where you ABD info is sent to them and then dispersed to you, ABD may not have your mailing address.

Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

So sad to see that ABD does not recognize guests from outside of the US...

So sad to see that ABD does not recognize guests from outside of the US...

This has nothing to do with ABD not recognizing guests outside of the U.S. and everything to do with Canadian laws regarding advertising.

The Adventure Insider gifts are considered advertising and Canada will not allow that. The laws are very tough to get around.

This is also the reason Canada is excluded from most companies contests involving prizes.

Back when ABD sent a disc with the Adventure photos, I had huge problems getting the disc to my Canadian clients. It's also considered advertising.

Now that ABD uses a website, there is no issue.

Kevin, the registration for the ABD Insiders excludes all other countries, not just Canada.

Kevin, the registration for the ABD Insiders excludes all other countries, not just Canada.

You can extrapolate this out to other places.

Most countries will charge taxes or import duties on giveaways and prizes.

There also advertising laws in other countries.

This makes it difficult for companies to do this.

This is why they exclude guests from other countries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter