Admin Please Close Thread.

I just looked up Yellowjackets - reminds me of Wild Things that was on Prime.

I LOVE Yellowjackets, although I have some issues with the logic at times (probably the engineer in me, I drive people nuts when I point out inconsistencies).

Where are you watching it? DS17 and I were watching on Soap2day, but they shut down. I'll need a new source for Season Three. Let me know when you're ready to discuss...

P.S. Right now, I'm sort-of binging American Horror Story--NYC. I know it came out months ago, but somehow I missed the first episode, and wanted to start at the beginning, and they only recently re-broadcast the first episode. I can only handle 1 episode a day, though--it's very intense.

I'm also torn on letting my DS17 watch it. He's gay, and I've told him how things were, back in the 80's. AHS-NYC really captures the gay scene from 1981--the year I was 17. OTOH, there's so much sex and violence, and he's still my baby. Even though he's 6'2" and leaves for college next fall.

I just looked up Yellowjackets - reminds me of Wild Things that was on Prime.
It's inspiration is a real life plane crash from the '70s (as well as something else but don't want to add spoilers for those who haven't seen it). It's a messed up show but one you do get sucked into watching. I believe it's planned to have 5 seasons though I'm struggling to figure out how they will stretch the plot for that long.

Where are you watching it? DS17 and I were watching on Soap2day, but they shut down. I'll need a new source for Season Three. Let me know when you're ready to discuss...
I only watch it on Showtime, I take it you don't have that then?

It took so long for season 2 to come out I'm wondering how long it will be for season 3. That's the only downer of shows on premium channels is having a year to two years between seasons (sometimes more) is the norm. Jack Ryan had more than 3 years in between season 2 and season 3!

I only watch it on Showtime, I take it you don't have that then?

It took so long for season 2 to come out I'm wondering how long it will be for season 3. That's the only downer of shows on premium channels is having a year to two years between seasons (sometimes more) is the norm. Jack Ryan had more than 3 years in between season 2 and season 3!
That long wait between season 2 and 3 for Jack Ryan was tough. I’m anxiously awaiting season 4 later this week.

I was lazy and ordered a poke bowl for takeout. I’ve been eating healthy so that’s a plus. I was going to cook but it’s rained the last two days and I overdid it on the cleaning and laundry so my knee needed a break.

That long wait between season 2 and 3 for Jack Ryan was tough. I’m anxiously awaiting season 4 later this week.

I was lazy and ordered a poke bowl for takeout. I’ve been eating healthy so that’s a plus. I was going to cook but it’s rained the last two days and I overdid it on the cleaning and laundry so my knee needed a break.
It really was rough! I was talking with my friend about it when season 3 had released because we had to compare notes on what we had remembered and then clearly forgotten about, I'm excited for the new season too.

I LOVE Yellowjackets, although I have some issues with the logic at times (probably the engineer in me, I drive people nuts when I point out inconsistencies).

i'm watching it streaming on showtime. i need to call my sil b/c she LOVES this kind of stuff (my brother and i joke that sil and my dh probably have identical shows set up on our individual dish schedualers)-i'm going to suggest they either look for a free trial or do one month for $11.99 so she can binge it and then we can let her know when the next season loads.
I believe it's planned to have 5 seasons though I'm struggling to figure out how they will stretch the plot for that long.
i'm at the very begining of season 2 and we estimated that season one only covered about 4 months of time in the flashback timeline and a couple of weeks at best during present day so if they stick to that formula and they've got an entire story arc already developed then it's reasonable that they could stretch it out.

P.S. Right now, I'm sort-of binging American Horror Story--NYC. I know it came out months ago, but somehow I missed the first episode, and wanted to start at the beginning, and they only recently re-broadcast the first episode. I can only handle 1 episode a day, though--it's very intense.

I'm also torn on letting my DS17 watch it. He's gay, and I've told him how things were, back in the 80's. AHS-NYC really captures the gay scene from 1981--the year I was 17. OTOH, there's so much sex and violence, and he's still my baby. Even though he's 6'2" and leaves for college next fall.

i need to remind dh that he still has'nt finished that season. he LOVES that show but it seems like something else premiered around the same time that caught his attention.

2 movies that really captured the 80's gay scene for me are both hard watches but i think give tremendous insight into both the internal and external politics within and impacting that community at the time are 'and the band played on' and 'the normal heart'.

i need to remind dh that he still has'nt finished that season. he LOVES that show but it seems like something else premiered around the same time that caught his attention.

2 movies that really captured the 80's gay scene for me are both hard watches but i think give tremendous insight into both the internal and external politics within and impacting that community at the time are 'and the band played on' and 'the normal heart'.
I'll keep those in mind for him/us. My son came out 4 years ago, and there were inklings that he was gay, way back when he was little (like, 3), so it wasn't a shock to us when he did come out. But, I try to convey to him that there's been so much progress in acceptance. It might not seem like it, and I think there will always be hate and prejudice, but things were so different when I was his age. Aggh! Now I sound like an old codger! But, it's definitely true in this area.

P.S. I wish I had a kid who cooked! My kids just like to bake! which is fine, but I don't need to eat baked goods!

i'm at the very begining of season 2 and we estimated that season one only covered about 4 months of time in the flashback timeline and a couple of weeks at best during present day so if they stick to that formula and they've got an entire story arc already developed then it's reasonable that they could stretch it out.
They definitely could but I was more meaning plot points and audience engagement. Eventually I could see it dragging on and on and on. So they'll have to ensure the pacing and storyline doesn't get monotonous if they are actually doing 5 seasons. It's a good show but that doesn't mean you want 5 seasons of drawn out stuff lol.

So....We did watch George and Tammy. GREAT little mini-series. Never heard of Yellowjackets. Might have to look that up.

Ugh......I get so annoyed how seasons on HBO and Showtime have ssssooooooooooooooooo much time in between seasons. I am in LOVE with The Gilded Age. Watched the first season with DH. Then, binge watched it again with DD24 one weekend when she was home visiting. I wish they would announce a date for season 2 release.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is another series where so much time between seasons that I forget it's even still on although it probably has a lot to do with Larry David.

We enjoyed American Rust. Saw Showtime cancelled the series after first season but I believe it was picked up by Amazon???

City on a Hill and Godfather of Harlem are also favs. My DH watches several series that I do not have an interest in watching.

We can't speak for all. I am sure many put vacations on credit.
I don't mind putting my trips on credit cards. I always pay them off by the due date, and it definitely helps me to earn points! My mom passed with tons of unclaimed points on her credit cards because she just didn't get it. Funny, the debt transfers but seemingly not the unused benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter