Admin Please Close Thread.

I had planned on trying at lunchtime but after the debacle this morning, I decided to wait until the website is working. Disney really needs to work on their IT issues.
I just popped on to see prices and got the same issue so I got out of the way for people who actually need to book.

I love vintage. Even though I have a new house, I gave the inside a vintage feel with high baseboards and tile baths. There is a guy on instagram, vintagetilepreservation , that does amazing work saving vintage tile. He is in CA but you may get some ideas.

Just did a rewatch of VPR Reunion part 2 of 3, as one does. Man, I loved how they kept in Sandoval trying to brow beat the producer into letting him coach Raquel alone without being filmed, and the producer not letting it happen. I think this is where the veil over Rachel’s eyes is lifted and she snaps completely out of it.

busy binge watching this week-

did 'waco the aftermath', 'the curious case of natalia grace' ( :eek: :confused: :eek:), and currently -the final season of 'manifest'.
What do you think of "Natalia Grace"? They all sound whackadoodle to me. I haven't finished it yet. I can't help but think the adoptive couple should have (a) had a full medical evaluation done when they first recognized she didn't "seem" 6; and (b) would have a good case for fraud, given that they entered a legal contact with clearly forged documents.
Maybe it will become more clear when I'm done with all the episodes (I think I've seen 4).

What do you think of "Natalia Grace"? They all sound whackadoodle to me. I haven't finished it yet. I can't help but think the adoptive couple should have (a) had a full medical evaluation done when they first recognized she didn't "seem" 6; and (b) would have a good case for fraud, given that they entered a legal contact with clearly forged documents.
Maybe it will become more clear when I'm done with all the episodes (I think I've seen 4).

LOL. I could have just written this!!! We just finished episode 3 or 4??? last night. So many questions about this couple who adopted Natalia. Hoping to finish the series tonight. The couple seem like the type who are all about attention. I mean, who calls their home a McMansion and has a Lamborghini in the driveway of a 2 car garage mediocre 2 story house in the burbs? And taking the family to WDW immediately from the adoption? Bizarre..... And yes, I too would have immediately taken the "child" to a doctor after discovering "hair down under" giving her a bath. But then, for reals, I would not have gone through an adoption using that scummy adoption center. Too many red flags.

Looking forward to seeing if there are more answers during the remaining shows.

LOL. I could have just written this!!! We just finished episode 3 or 4??? last night. So many questions about this couple who adopted Natalia. Hoping to finish the series tonight. The couple seem like the type who are all about attention. I mean, who calls their home a McMansion and has a Lamborghini in the driveway of a 2 car garage mediocre 2 story house in the burbs? And taking the family to WDW immediately from the adoption? Bizarre..... And yes, I too would have immediately taken the "child" to a doctor after discovering "hair down under" giving her a bath. But then, for reals, I would not have gone through an adoption using that scummy adoption center. Too many red flags.

Looking forward to seeing if there are more answers during the remaining shows.
I'm glad it's not just me. I'm no kind of expert on child development, but I've had a few kids, and aside from the hair/period, she clearly has a full set of adult teeth. I know that children start with growth plates at the major joints, which eventually calcify into regular bone. And certain teeth erupt at specific times, although it's not etched in stone (DS17 is getting his wisdom teeth out on Tuesday).

The adoptive couple seem very...attention-seeking.

the show gets stranger and strange with each episode but........there's more to come. later this summer natalia is doing a sit down to tell 'her side of the story'.

I just finished all the current episodes of Natalia Grace and they are definitely all a bit crazy!! The neighbors episode was the most interesting to me when they had her living on their own. Especially since they also said her behavior was just so bizarre. As for the adoption place it don’t think it’s scummy it’s not in the bad area the dad says it was as I live not far from there. It by the 441 corridor where it’s strip malls and car dealerships but not bad or shady by any means, but it makes for good tv.

I just finished all the current episodes of Natalia Grace and they are definitely all a bit crazy!! The neighbors episode was the most interesting to me when they had her living on their own. Especially since they also said her behavior was just so bizarre. As for the adoption place it don’t think it’s scummy it’s not in the bad area the dad says it was as I live not far from there. It by the 441 corridor where it’s strip malls and car dealerships but not bad or shady by any means, but it makes for good tv.

it's an ODD story and despite what some feel was injustice/abuse towards her i suspect more people are questioning HER behaviors over the years b/c that family she moved in with (who moved her out of the apartment/spent all her food stamps/got her social security transferred into their names as payees within days of meeting her) set up a go fund me about a week ago with a fairly modest goal (as go fund me's go) of $10K to buy a handicap accessible van-but despite getting public promotion from matt roloff-it's not garnering much in donations (78 donations totaling less than 50% of the goal).

i don't know what the deal is with this situation-the m.d. talks of the growing plates disputing the legal age but the stuff she was doing/trying to do with her neighbors doesn't speak to me of the age others purport her to have been at the time.

it's an ODD story and despite what some feel was injustice/abuse towards her i suspect more people are questioning HER behaviors over the years b/c that family she moved in with (who moved her out of the apartment/spent all her food stamps/got her social security transferred into their names as payees within days of meeting her) set up a go fund me about a week ago with a fairly modest goal (as go fund me's go) of $10K to buy a handicap accessible van-but despite getting public promotion from matt roloff-it's not garnering much in donations (78 donations totaling less than 50% of the goal).

i don't know what the deal is with this situation-the m.d. talks of the growing plates disputing the legal age but the stuff she was doing/trying to do with her neighbors doesn't speak to me of the age others purport her to have been at the time.

I agree. Finished the series and I feel like there are more questions than answers. AND.....like most documentaries, there is always information that is not told. Why have we not heard from the first adoptive family? The one that possibly coached her answers? I also don't trust that birth mother from Ukraine as something about the phone call and the interview don't pass the smell test.

I do believe she suffered abuse from more than one adult in her life, sadly. and is possibly still being taken advantage of in her current situation. It's all very tragic.

Also what’s with the prison cell like room they are interviewing the older son in? They couldn’t have found a better spot to interview him, I’m sad that’s where he has to live too.

Also what’s with the prison cell like room they are interviewing the older son in? They couldn’t have found a better spot to interview him, I’m sad that’s where he has to live too.

when i saw that it made me think of my younger son. my son is on the autism spectrum (which i suspect the son in the documentary is as well) and his preference is to be in what i consider a dungeonous bedroom-darkly painted walls, blackout curtains, pretty spartan decor except for what he specifically wants. he's never come out and said it but i think it's a sensory thing-he's not comfortable with the intrusion of the outdoors into his indoor space and he seems to like a cocoon like setting (when we go on vacation his room always has the drapes drawn immediately after he enters before he settles in).

when i saw that it made me think of my younger son. my son is on the autism spectrum (which i suspect the son in the documentary is as well) and his preference is to be in what i consider a dungeonous bedroom-darkly painted walls, blackout curtains, pretty spartan decor except for what he specifically wants. he's never come out and said it but i think it's a sensory thing-he's not comfortable with the intrusion of the outdoors into his indoor space and he seems to like a cocoon like setting (when we go on vacation his room always has the drapes drawn immediately after he enters before he settles in).
They said the son was autistic.

I also have a son who's autistic, and he, too, finds comfort in familiar surroundings. Mine will sometimes read out on the deck or in the sunroom, but his room is super important to him, and his safe space. I suspect they suggested other spots to interview him, but that was where he preferred to be.

I'm also wondering if both "sides" could be true--could maybe the birth certificate have been doctored and she was older than 6, but not 22 or whatever. It was known that sometimes foreign countries would claim kids were younger--and thus more adoptable--in an effort to get them better medical care than the home country could provide.

I suspect the son prefers the basement because it is cool, dark, and quiet. Those on the spectrum who are sensory averse would gravitate towards this type space.

My biggest concern about that space that was televised was his sleeping proximity to the electrical panel. Kinda freaks me out.

Our thread was invoked in other threads several times last week. And someone brought up Sebastian's dinner rolls today.

In homage to crazy derailed threads, we are having garlic pork tenderloin, buttery onion rice, Asian inspired salad, and since this is the South, biscuits for dinner.

🤣
That sounds delicious. We had a busy weekend, so it's turkey sandwiches for us. That's about all I could whip up.

Wow this thread is still going! I have no idea what the show y'all are talking about is, but hey, my 16 month old grandson is finally walking well (and running around like crazy). My youngest DD used to run around while looking behind her and would run smack into telephone poles, hope grandson is not like that.

hey everyone, where you been??? i've been binging another series, well actually 2. back a few months ago i had recorded the miniseries 'george and tammy' (excellent performances btw) and i finally got around to watching it during which i caught a commercial for the show 'yellowjackets' OMG :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::faint: that show is stinking addictive!!! crazy, spooky, twist turning...

no spoilers please-i'm on season 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter