• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding Two to ADR's do I call????

hthrbells

DIS Veteran
Hey Disser's,
I was wondering if I should call back and add to our ADR?
I have them all and it turns out two people who were going to meet us half way through our trip can maybe come the whole time. Should I call and have them added? Even if it turns out they may not make it for the whole trip? AHHHH I have all the ADR's I realy wanted I hope this does not screw things up!!!
Thanks!!!!:thumbsup2

Hi,
I tried to add a child to our reservations and went from 4 to 5 (2 adults/2 kids to 2 adults/3 kids) and I wasn't able to get the same time as before. I would have had to make a whole new reservation. It might depend on where you were trying to eat at. We were trying for the Princess Storybook breakfast.

I have read on this board, however that people with ADRs have walked up with a different size party (not a huge difference) and they have still been seated. You might need to wait a little longer though.
I don't have any actual experiences--just what I've read here & trying to change ressies myself. (I didn't actually do it)

Good luck!
Amy

oh boy, this is a tough call. the moral thing to do is call and try to add. the knee jerk reaction is to walk up to the podium and tell them. i would call and ask about each change, just make sure no one is pushing a cancel button till you know that it can be re done maybe at a later or earlier time. if they are booked and cant help then i would tell them to leave the ADR alone. then i would council your friends that they may or may not get in when you walk up and do they want to take the risk or just strike out on their own to eat.

I think it would be better for you to call to change. Speak to your friends first to see what they want to do. Explain that you may not be able to add them on to the ADR and might even be able to get other times. I wouldn't count on them getting in at the podium, but hey you can try. If you cannot change your ADR from 2 to 4, maybe your friends can book for themselves a table of 2 that you may get seated close together. Anyway Good Luck.

I did this exact thing when my sister came with us for Easter 2006. There was at least one meal that they could not add her at all. She decided she would explore the MK by herself that day while we ate lunch at CRT. Ironically, my DH, my DS, and myself were seated at a table that sat 4.:confused3

I would definitely call. It is always easier to subtract people from the reservation than it would be to add them.

I would. We just found out that my mother will be joining us for several meals in September, as well as a couple friends on other days, so we're going from original ADRs of two persons to ADRs of three persons and a few with five persons.

We had to cancel them all and make new ones -- even with new times on a few.

I think you will have a better chance of adding the additional people if you call. My best friend decided last week that she wanted to go along with my niece and I in Sept. I didn't think I'd be able to add her to our ADR's due to free dining, but I called to check anyhow. I had one ressie (O'hana's) that I didn't need to change (CM said we would be seated at a 3-top). All my others needed to be canceled & re-booked, but there was only one that I couldn't get the time I wanted. In fact, I had a couple that had better times available than when I first book a month ago! So, I'd say call and see if they can add them. It can't hurt!

I did this exact thing when my sister came with us for Easter 2006. There was at least one meal that they could not add her at all. She decided she would explore the MK by herself that day while we ate lunch at CRT. Ironically, my DH, my DS, and myself were seated at a table that sat 4.:confused3

I would definitely call. It is always easier to subtract people from the reservation than it would be to add them.
Don't you love that? My brother once tried to add me to their five-person, 6 PM reservation at Chef Mickey’s, and was told the earliest opening was after 9. Naturally, I didn’t go, and they kept the original reservation. Turns out they were seated at – wait for it… a table for six. I mean, it’s not as if there are any/many tables for odd numbers of Guests.

To the OP: First try adding two people to your reservation. If that doesn’t work, try making an entirely separate reservation for two, as close to your times as possible. When you get to the restaurant, ask to be seated together or near each other.

Thanks guys, I will call I think I will not cancel if there is not any avalibity and see how we fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter