Adding a day at last minute?

Lyndarella

All my dreams are coming true
Could we add another day, when it is almost time for our trip? I'm not asking you to predict availability, I'm wondering if there are any rules about this! We booked a WDW hotel room to save points Sat. when we arrive. Actually, we have plenty of points, and are having second thoughts about the room. We have a confirmed BW view on Sunday for six days! I suppose there would be a penalty for cancelling the room?

I'm not sure about the cancelling of the Disney room, but you are free to book a DVC resort room anytime! If it's available, you can book it even if it's the same day. I've even heard folks having the front desk of a resort work things out for them when it's a weekend or another time that MS is closed.

Unless I really want to try something different or DVC doesn't have availability, I can't see not using the points I've already paid for.

Hey, we've booked two more days when we were already there!! The day before!

We had a 5 day stay with large amounts of extended family who were big on commando touring. When the last day came, I didn't feel like I'd had any vacation. We called the front desk at BWV where we were staying. They didn't have any availability there, but checked around and got us a couple days at OKW. It is possible.

We booked 2 more nights (Fri & Sat) on Thursday night. We were at the end of a 3 week trip and just couldn't face going home the next day so we added 2 more. The general rule for cancelling a booked hotel room is 5 days in advance but they do make exceptions if you're just moving hotels. We had booked at AS Music for 1 night before our trip (we decided to leave a day early) however we reached WDW much sooner than expected and wanted to stay at CSR instead. We called CRO from the AS Music parking lot and they switched the reservation $ to CSR without penalty. Even if you're booking a room with points you're allowed to have $$ on "account" there so they may be able to do the same for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!