Acupuncture

TheBigErn

Mouseketeer
I'm interested in hearing any experiences with acupuncture on the cruise (not in general). Is there any benefit from one session? Did you provide a tip at the end? What was the purpose of your treatment?

diznymom

DIS Veteran
ALL spa services and purchases have an automatic 18% tip added. You can add to the tip but not take away.

MsOnceUponATime

Mouseketeer
We had acupuncture on the Wonder. Loved it, loved it, loved it. I did three sessions and my husband did three sessions. It alleviated my motion sickness -- actually the pressure point patches that she applied lasted for several days and those alleviated my motion sickness, but I was treated for motion sickness while I was in there with her. The purpose of my treatment was decided after standing outside during fire drill muster for almost an hour. My lower back was hurting and I was thinking that I could not possibly deal with lower back pain the entire cruise - so off to the acupuncturist I went (I'd always wanted to try it and I had the time for it on the cruise so why not, I thought). It honestly worked and when we returned home I started seeing an acupuncturist locally for general aches and pains, allergies, etc. I highly recommend acupuncture now! Yes, we tipped her generously, but I don't remember how much. I would say that from seeing our local acupuncturist that it is worth just one visit. If I'm feeling generally tired or my allergies are bothering me and I see our acupuncturist for a one-off visit I do feel better and more calm overall.

SeaNana

Mouseketeer
I tried it once for hip pain. It did absolutely no good and I was told I needed multiple treatments, but I never returned. I did eventually get surgery.

cruisehopeful

Wishing I was taking a nap on a ship.
I had it done for hip pain. At that time, auto gratuity wasn't added and I probably tipped $20. There was an upsell for some herbal pills, which I bought. My husband is an acupuncturist and herbalist, so I am very familiar with the medicine.

It was an interesting experience and something to do on a sea day. Having had acupuncture and other similar treatments for about 30 years now, I'd say it was a very mediocre treatment. Of course, that's what the massages are like, too. Recipes and not individual treatments.

The acupuncturist I had did mention several times that most people she sees are coming in for sea sickness treatments. Perhaps she didn't have a lot of experience with treating other things. Although, when I talked to my husband afterward, he said that the treatment sounded like the very basic stuff learned in acupuncture school.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

CASTAWAY CAY PHOTOS

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES