Acupuncture

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
I'm interested in hearing any experiences with acupuncture on the cruise (not in general). Is there any benefit from one session? Did you provide a tip at the end? What was the purpose of your treatment?

ALL spa services and purchases have an automatic 18% tip added. You can add to the tip but not take away.

We had acupuncture on the Wonder. Loved it, loved it, loved it. I did three sessions and my husband did three sessions. It alleviated my motion sickness -- actually the pressure point patches that she applied lasted for several days and those alleviated my motion sickness, but I was treated for motion sickness while I was in there with her. The purpose of my treatment was decided after standing outside during fire drill muster for almost an hour. My lower back was hurting and I was thinking that I could not possibly deal with lower back pain the entire cruise - so off to the acupuncturist I went (I'd always wanted to try it and I had the time for it on the cruise so why not, I thought). It honestly worked and when we returned home I started seeing an acupuncturist locally for general aches and pains, allergies, etc. I highly recommend acupuncture now! Yes, we tipped her generously, but I don't remember how much. I would say that from seeing our local acupuncturist that it is worth just one visit. If I'm feeling generally tired or my allergies are bothering me and I see our acupuncturist for a one-off visit I do feel better and more calm overall.

I tried it once for hip pain. It did absolutely no good and I was told I needed multiple treatments, but I never returned. I did eventually get surgery.

I had it done for hip pain. At that time, auto gratuity wasn't added and I probably tipped $20. There was an upsell for some herbal pills, which I bought. My husband is an acupuncturist and herbalist, so I am very familiar with the medicine.

It was an interesting experience and something to do on a sea day. Having had acupuncture and other similar treatments for about 30 years now, I'd say it was a very mediocre treatment. Of course, that's what the massages are like, too. Recipes and not individual treatments.

The acupuncturist I had did mention several times that most people she sees are coming in for sea sickness treatments. Perhaps she didn't have a lot of experience with treating other things. Although, when I talked to my husband afterward, he said that the treatment sounded like the very basic stuff learned in acupuncture school.

Best thing I ever did I’ve been in pain for 30 years I went in there right after a massage and horrible pain and I got instant relief after treatment I did three sessions I even fell twice after I had my treatment and I still had no pain for disclosure I have a spinal cord injury I have had two spinal surgeries I am in constant chronic pain after I had my first treatment I did not need to take any pain medication for two weeks after my cruise I was over the moon happy with it I wish I could find somebody in my state that could replicate this it was the best thing I ever did absolutely fabulous I was on the fantasy I recommended it to three other people on the ship and they also had instant relief
My boss does acupuncture every week he is a quadriplegic and he does get some relief from it
Everyone is different so to each his own but I highly recommend it I wish you well and good luck

Curious about this too... has anyone had experience with this relieving sciatica pain, specifically piriformis syndrome? Thanks!

My dad did acupuncture on the Wonder and it improved his walking and neck issues. He did have to go multiple sessions though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter